ADVERTISEMENT

OT: My gym has reopened.

I have been using this away from the gym to fully recover from problems in my knees, hips, shoulder, elbow....at least that is what I have been telling myself.
I got a sweet cortisone shot in my shoulder. Doing a few more weeks of theraband work before getting back into things

Love cortisone shots!!

I got a sweet cortisone shot in my shoulder. Doing a few more weeks of theraband work before getting back into things

Love cortisone shots!!

I had one in my knee in January for which anybody could figure out was complications from a gout attack a few months before that. Cleared up the swelling in that knee and calf right away and then the other knee and calf swelled up. All good now though.

I had one in my knee in January for which anybody could figure out was complications from a gout attack a few months before that. Cleared up the swelling in that knee and calf right away and then the other knee and calf swelled up. All good now though.
Getting old sucks

Reactions: Nitwit
I’m not going quietly.
I’m a big proponent of anabolic steroids, HGH and the like being far more available. If used in moderation, they really are wonder drugs. I’m not going to enter the Olympics any time soon, so why can’t I take substances that help lubricate joints, build muscle, etc.

Reactions: LionJim
I’m a big proponent of anabolic steroids, HGH and the like being far more available. If used in moderation, they really are wonder drugs. I’m not going to enter the Olympics any time soon, so why can’t I take substances that help lubricate joints, build muscle, etc.

You must be protected from yourself.

You got guns there, in your avatar. A lot of work there, anyone can tell. I’m tired already (my wife and I walk three miles every morning) but that pic is sending me back to the gym.
Thanks... getting back to THAT pic was an ordeal... but truthfully, I'm no longer sure about walking up mountains (the one lingering issue with the covid was lung capacity.... we'll see how my next trip to kotor goes lol). Now.. get in the gym! :)

The gym is one of the last places i'd go in right now. 50
sets of hands touching dumbells(Kids who don't even wash their hands after using the bathroom). I can't be wiping down every weight i pick up

The gym is one of the last places i'd go in right now. 50 sets of hands touching dumbells(Kids who don't even wash their hands after using the bathroom). I can't be wiping down every weight i pick up
If you use hand sanitizer religiously and make a point of not touching your face, I think that part of the equation would be taken care of. My mask is one I can pull up and down without touching my face.

In the end, going to the gym is an indulgence, I’ll admit. The fact that I go says something about how important lifting is to me. It’s pretty much my only indulgence in the face of the coronavirus.

I’ll be teaching online in the fall and in some sense it makes my decision to go to the gym easier. Would I go to the gym if I had to teach face-to-face in the fall? Dunno.

Life is a series of decisions you make. You try to make the best decisions and you try to make those decisions work for you.

Last edited:
Mine opened in yellow. This area decided to look the other way for certain businesses. It's never that crowded at any one time- its more crowded when they have classes. So its really no more risky than anything else.

Your gym has classes? No classes at mine.
Yup- he trains adult boot camp type classes and youth athletes. Its a big space. When the adult classes are going on, nothing else is.

I just do open gym- and since I'm working at home, I run over at lunch. There is hardly anyone there. My son does the youth training, maybe 8-10 in a class.

Reactions: LionJim
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT