ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Just got in the office. Got an email from the wife. Gonna have to put my dog down.

LJ, my thoughts are with you my friend. I had to put down my best buddy Monty in Sept. It was hard but I knew I owed it to him not to ever let him suffer. We have lots of great memories of him and when I'm down I think of him to make me smile. I'm sure you'll feel the same.

Sorry to hear this. I know your pain as we just had to get our 16 year old cat euthanized yesterday. It was only a few months ago that we had to put down her buddy our 16 year old dog. Our only remaining pet is our 6 plus year old carnival goldfish. How long do they usually live?

The doctor just called me and Enzo has aggressive lymphoma. He is becoming weaker all the time and the oncologist does not recommend treatment. We need to prepare ourselves. I plan to get dressed soon and head to VCA. Please come after your class. We can see him and be with him today and do whatever we decide.

Love,

Jane

damn. I'm gonna miss my friend.
Find strength and comfort in knowing that you gave your dog a life of love! Many dogs never experience true companionship and love. We had our first boxer for 12 years, put her down 5 years ago. It was rough. Then last year we found another boxer in a shelter who had a rough life. As much as i knew the pain would be terrible when he leaves us, we adopted him and i am comfortable knowing that we will give and receive unconditional love until that day comes. You did a great job and gave your dog the gift of love. Get him/her cheeseburgers and hold him until the very end. Its rough but you and your wife will be the last thing he sees and he will still be loving you as he enters doggy heaven. God speed.

I'm so sorry, you are in my thoughts. I lost my healthy 2 year old dog in October thanks to neglect from a boarding facility. I never got the chance to say goodbye. If there is any silver lining for you it's that you've given each other a lifetime of joy and you will be there for him/her until the very end. Losing mine the way I did was the hardest thing I've ever dealt with and took me 2 months to get somewhat back to "normal." I've ruled out getting another dog anytime soon, I'm not sure I'll ever be ready for something like that again.

Find strength and comfort in knowing that you gave your dog a life of love! Many dogs never experience true companionship and love. We had our first boxer for 12 years, put her down 5 years ago. It was rough. Then last year we found another boxer in a shelter who had a rough life. As much as i knew the pain would be terrible when he leaves us, we adopted him and i am comfortable knowing that we will give and receive unconditional love until that day comes. You did a great job and gave your dog the gift of love. Get him/her cheeseburgers and hold him until the very end. Its rough but you and your wife will be the last thing he sees and he will still be loving you as he enters doggy heaven. God speed.
Lol, my daughter drove over from Delaware and brought him a cheeseburger.

The doctor just called me and Enzo has aggressive lymphoma. He is becoming weaker all the time and the oncologist does not recommend treatment. We need to prepare ourselves. I plan to get dressed soon and head to VCA. Please come after your class. We can see him and be with him today and do whatever we decide.

Love,

Jane

Truly sorry to hear this news LionJim. Saying goodbye to your pet is a tough task!

I don't post here very often - mostly like to read. However, there are certain threads that beckon me to respond, especially those that concern our mutual love for our pets. I am so sorry for your loss and wish there were some insightful words that would provide you comfort at this point but there really isn't anything that eases the pain of saying goodbye to a companion that has done nothing but give to you every day while looking for so little in return. I have held three dogs while they were put to sleep and have cried like a baby three times. Much like you, I hold onto many incredible memories of the good times knowing that they are in a better place. Since those difficult days, we have acquired four new friends that are here to love and be loved. I wish you the best and pray that your memories of Enzo will sustain you until that time when another furry friend will carve out a place in your heart.

This was really my first dog, my pal, my comprade. I'd be sitting on the sofa with him and look at him and he'd bring his huge paw onto my forearm. Damn. Well, I gotta teach. Take care, everyone.

No truer friend. Hang in LJ.

Love,

Jane

Sorry to hear of this Jim.

I know it is tough sir.

I've had to do it twice.

LionJim,
My most sincere condolences. As someone who recently had to do the same thing I know the pain and suffering you are feeling and will continue to feel. Hang in there and do your best to focus your thoughts on the wonderful life you gave your pal and the blessings you both bestowed on each other.

Wishing you and your family peace and comfort,

Jordan

I scrolled past this thread a few times because the thought of losing my boy, Nittany, is one that truly sinks my stomach.

I’m sorry for your loss, LJ.

Sorry to hear, LionJim. Dogs are such awesome companions, who truly become an integral part of a family. We just had to put 1 of our 2 dogs down about 3 months ago, a 13 year old Maltese. Was so sad when for several days after, our 4 year old lab would just aimlessly walk around the house looking for her little brother.

We never regret having our dogs just that we don’t get to keep them for longer. I’m certain Enzo felt the same way towards you, Jane, and family for all the love and care you showed him over these years. Our sympathies are with you tonight!

Reactions: LionJim

Love,

Jane

Awful thing to do the right thing.My wife and I have had to do it several times and it stinks.There is such an attachment to our furry friends.Wish you and your wife and Enzo the best possible outcome

Love,

Jane

Sorry Jim,
"Seashells remind us that every passing life leaves something beautiful behind.” Author Unknown

Love,

Jane

One of the saddest moments in a pet owners life. My heart goes out to you and the family. RIP Enzo!

Ver

Love,

Jane

Very sorry for that tough news. As hard as I thought it was going to be putting my dog down it was 100 times worse. I still miss him every day and I lost him four years ago.
Best wishes.

Sorry, Jim. Have been through this several times myself. It's one of the tougher things in life.

Goodbye, my friend.

85251192_2847511551935832_3554199778059354112_n.jpg

So bad ass. 3 dogs ago we had an English mastiff. When A and I were nosing around the breed web sights looking for rescues we came across a CC breeder offering up 2 sisters puppies. We were vetted and ready to pull the trigger then found Cubbie locally. Would have been a party with those two little beasts.
If you like, A probably has the emails. Reach out.
Rick

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT