ADVERTISEMENT

OT I am watching Striking Distance , you know the old Bruce Willis

But it was filmed along and on the Allegheny River and my hometown which lists it in a Wikipedia entry!

Natrona - little Poland, hometown of Ed and Dick Modzelewski, Sugar Bowl MVP and part of that great front four of the NY Giants.

But it was filmed along and on the Allegheny River and my hometown which lists it in a Wikipedia entry!

Natrona - little Poland, hometown of Ed and Dick Modzelewski, Sugar Bowl MVP and part of that great front four of the NY Giants.
Is that big Mo and little Mo??? Didn't they go to Maryland ??

Reactions: john4psu

The Bloomfield Blvd. chase took place in Duquesne on Center Ave near Kennywood. The whole movie was a pile.

Reactions: simons96
The Bloomfield Blvd. chase took place in Duquesne on Center Ave near Kennywood. The whole movie was a pile.
Just about anything involving cars was a complete joke....everything chopped up thrown into the air and pasted back together again. Never could figure out why they did not simply film the road scenes as they appear in real life. It is not as if the real life roads don't make for good scenes.

This was an annoying movie.

Just about anything involving cars was a complete joke....everything chopped up thrown into the air and pasted back together again. Never could figure out why they did not simply film the road scenes as they appear in real life. It is not as if the real life roads don't make for good scenes.

the Jack Reacher car chase is SO much better:

The boat scenes were filmed near Homestead and Sand Castle. Willis said the water was so filthy, he would never come back again.

Willis found out what we knew for years. Filthy shit water.

If I was going bad Pittsburgh movie I would probably go with Innocent Blood.

It has everything. It isdirected by John Landis, and it stars Chazz Palminteri, Anthony LaPaglia, Tony Sirico, Robert Loggia and best of all Don Rickles. Oh yeah and the actual star Anne Parillaud

Reactions: simons96
The boat scenes were filmed near Homestead and Sand Castle. Willis said the water was so filthy, he would never come back again.

Willis found out what we knew for years. Filthy shit water.
actually the Ohio river is pretty clean. There are 3 hot spots on the River. The mouth of the Guyandotte River (towns like Logan, and Pineville (sound familiar?) are now just beginning to treat their sewerage), Cincinnati, oh, Cairo, IL (which most of the problem is coming from the farm lands pesticides).

There's a Prof a Marshall, Chuck Summerville, that has studied the river, for antibiotic resistant bacteria in the Ohio river. These are his findings. ( http://www.science.marshall.edu/somervil/somerville.html) Saw the presentation myself.

Basically anything North of the Guyandotte (Huntington, wv) you are pretty much good to. Yesterday there was approximately 3' of vertical visibility. I swam in it for an hour or so.

Although this guy is a sPitt grad (from W-B) he has done similar work.

http://www.science.marshall.edu/kovatch/

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT