ADVERTISEMENT

OT Eagles fans- just a thought on Howie Roseman do you think

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
he has made up his own draft board, independent of Chips, but with basically the same info, so at some point in the future, he can go back to Lurie and say, 'I would have done this, and here are my notes'. of course this would only come into play if Chip fails, or if Howie's draft would have been so much better, and we won't know that for 2-3-4 yrs. Just a thought.

Does Chip trade "up" to get Mariota? He would have to trade an awful lot.

he has made up his own draft board, independent of Chips, but with basically the same info, so at some point in the future, he can go back to Lurie and say, 'I would have done this, and here are my notes'. of course this would only come into play if Chip fails, or if Howie's draft would have been so much better, and we won't know that for 2-3-4 yrs. Just a thought.

yes... I think he has his own board and will be following it tonight...... in his parent's basement.

he has made up his own draft board, independent of Chips, but with basically the same info, so at some point in the future, he can go back to Lurie and say, 'I would have done this, and here are my notes'.

No. He may have some ideas, but he's not going to undercut Chip, at least to Lurie. That would make the owner have to choose between the 2, and even if JL is not happy with Chip's picks, he has to at least support him, or figure out a new front office configuration.

Roseman has been so marginalized within the organization now, he is Milton, sitting in another part of the building (they moved his office, just like Milton) mumbling about how nobody better take his stapler.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I don't think about Howie Roseman at all. If Chip had wanted to do this thing with Mariota, he should have tanked last season. His offensive line was broken for a lot of the season
Roseman has been so marginalized within the organization now, he is Milton, sitting in another part of the building (they moved his office, just like Milton) mumbling about how nobody better take his stapler.
Roseman is being well compensated for the demotion. If he doesn't like it, he can leave at any time. Nobody is holding a gun to his head, making him stay.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Roseman is being well compensated for the demotion. If he doesn't like it, he can leave at any time. Nobody is holding a gun to his head, making him stay.

Agreed. My point was really that Roseman has zero to do with player personnel any more and has been marginalized, as Kelly demanded absolute control and Lurie gave it to him.

Reactions: EPC FAN
Agreed. My point was really that Roseman has zero to do with player personnel any more and has been marginalized, as Kelly demanded absolute control and Lurie gave it to him.
My point is, Howie is building a file. While I agree Lurie kept him around for a reason he still needs a file. So if chip fails he'll pounce or if he succeeds. He'll have to go somewhere else. If his draft board doesn't work he just throws it in the trash!!!

I don't think about Howie Roseman at all. If Chip had wanted to do this thing with Mariota, he should have tanked last season. His offensive line was broken for a lot of the season

Reminds me of Don Draper in the final season of Mad Men. Just sad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT