ADVERTISEMENT

OT - bourbon recommendation

Buying a bottle of bourbon for a client. I don’t drink bourbon. Would like to get him something noteworthy. Something between $200-$300 would be fine.

Figured the all knowing board would be a good resource.

Save your money. Get Bookers, knob creek, wild turkey 101, pkg grand dad 114. After 9 years age does not matter

Save your money. Get Bookers, knob creek, wild turkey 101, pkg grand dad 114. After 9 years age does not matter

Interesting. I've tried lots of high end whiskies and scotch and either didn't have the palette to enjoy their subtle expressions or they're just not much different than the more mid-range stuff I typically buy and enjoy (Angel's Envy, Old Forrester, Blanton's, Michter's, Four Roses, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:
The PLCB lottery for Pappy, etc. will be coming up soon. You can register on the Wine and Spirits webpage. You need a credit card on file. I got a bottle of Old Rip Van Winkle last year for $90. They actually sold a package of all variations of Pappy for about $1800. I work in Binghamton NY and they have a bottle of the Old Rip Van Winkle for sale for about $350.
So funny. Circa 2007 I bought Rip for $30 and Pappy 20 for $90 for my girlfriend’s dad at my local Binny’s in Chicago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT