ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Are the IM Building and/or Jeffrey Field Bathrooms Open on Gameday?

Cafe210

May 29, 2001
I am looking to set up a large tailgate over near IM/Jeffrey and am wondering if those facilities are open on game days for bathroom use. I believe IM used to be open, but we usually tailgate on the other side of the stadium and I wanted to check. Thanks in advance.

Ah, the good old days. My spot used to be right behind the IM building in that field. Women had easy access to real bathrooms.

Can't answer your question on whether the bathrooms are open or not, but I would assume so.

Reactions: Cafe210
I am looking to set up a large tailgate over near IM/Jeffrey and am wondering if those facilities are open on game days for bathroom use. I believe IM used to be open, but we usually tailgate on the other side of the stadium and I wanted to check. Thanks in advance.
Entrance to the IM Building is now by card access, so it seems unlikely that the facilities are accessible otherwise.

To the public:

Pre-Sandusky - Yes

Post-Sandusky - No

Swipe card acces only. Real pain in the a$$. We don't know how good we had it before Corbett decided to nuke us.

To the public:

Pre-Sandusky - Yes

Post-Sandusky - No

Swipe card acces only. Real pain in the a$$. We don't know how good we had it before Corbett decided to nuke us.
"'Did you have trouble getting into the building?' asked (R. Scott) Kretchmar from behind his desk on the second floor of the Recreation Building. 'We’re spending $5 million to secure this building, even though Jerry Sandusky would have had a key to swipe himself in.'"

From: https://www.si.com/college-football/2014/10/22/penn-state-nittany-lions-football

You can get into the hockey arena at at rear gate and use those bathrooms. The IM building is now for students and staff only.

Years ago I used to tailgate with a group at a spot where the softball stadium is now located. Back then you could walk into Findlay Commons to use the facilities, but I assume that is no longer the case.

Years ago I used to tailgate with a group at a spot where the softball stadium is now located. Back then you could walk into Findlay Commons to use the facilities, but I assume that is no longer the case.

You can still get in to Findlay Commons, not that it's close. Bryce Jordan Center might be closer.

We need an AAAD to put together a comprehensive study to determine if selling bathroom passes to NLC members (with a minimum level of points, of course) would be a positive revenue option. Maybe even enough to pay for a few months of the AAAD's salary.
Not only is it a significant inconvenience....... but over its lifetime, the "security system" will cost over $50,000,000 (guess where that $$$$ will come from :) )

By the way - when this boondoggle was being debated by the BOT, one of the Nit-Wittiest of the Trustees (an elected one no less - I'd expect you could figure out "who" within two guesses :) ) claimed that this program was vital - - - - - - as it would protect PSU from a "9/11" type attack (I shit you not).
Apparently homicidal/suicidal terrorists would be unable to figure out how to hop over a card swipe machine...... or a descending hijacked airliner, on a crash course to the IM Building, would be impeded by requiring the Hijackers to stop and swipe their ID cards.

Not in the IM Building of course.
Well played, sir.
qV40K_s-200x150.gif

Reactions: step.eng69
Maybe they could sell credits on a NLC swipe card. Also install some scales in the toilets so if you happen to drop some big executive-sized log in the IM Building, you get charged more (like the airlines do w/ fat people).

Not only is it a significant inconvenience....... but over its lifetime, the "security system" will cost over $50,000,000 (guess where that $$$$ will come from :) )

By the way - when this boondoggle was being debated by the BOT, one of the Nit-Wittiest of the Trustees (an elected one no less - I'd expect you could figure out "who" within two guesses :) ) claimed that this program was vital - - - - - - as it would protect PSU from a "9/11" type attack (I shit you not).
Apparently homicidal/suicidal terrorists would be unable to figure out how to hop over a card swipe machine...... or a descending hijacked airliner, on a crash course to the IM Building, would be impeded by requiring the Hijackers to stop and swipe their ID cards.

The folks in charge of security at most colleges have a lot of sway over how money is spent these days. I'm working on a project right now for a small college that wants to install license plate readers at each vehicle access point on campus. It's a very contained campus with only a few ways for a car to get on their property, but it still seemed like overkill to me considering anybody could just walk onto campus.

The folks in charge of security at most colleges have a lot of sway over how money is spent these days. I'm working on a project right now for a small college that wants to install license plate readers at each vehicle access point on campus. It's a very contained campus with only a few ways for a car to get on their property, but it still seemed like overkill to me considering anybody could just walk onto campus.

Ohhh...... for the good old days. Relating to everything Penn State, it's like everything that happened pre-November 2011 happened in a in a different life. Or like it maybe never actually happened at all.

I hardly recognize the place as the same place I fell in love with.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
Ohhh...... for the good old days. Relating to everything Penn State, it's like everything that happened pre-November 2011 happened in a in a different life. Or like it maybe never actually happened at all.

I hardly recognize the place as the same place I fell in love with.
At the top level of the university, this is an inarguable truth. But, for the most part, you don't see those folks (or their compounded poor choices) at the ground level.

I doubt it, at least for the IM building.
Pre-2011 yes, Post 2011 No.
I haven't been over to the IM building itself but I saw that they have been renovating it for the last 2 football seasons.

Stadium bathrooms are accessible on the press box side,

Thanks for the feedback. Wouldn't the stadium bathrooms require a ticket? Or do they allow re-entry for the game? Appreciate the info.

Those ones only have outside access and don't require entry through the gates..

Tweedbear and NittPicker are correct.

I'd caution that the lines for those bathrooms can be insanely long before a game. Plus, it's a pretty good walk to those bathrooms from where you indicated in your OP that you were looking to set up your tailgate.

We're getting some of that where I work--shortly. But our "home office" is in DC. Those guys (DC people--not my company, per se) think differently than almost everyone outside the Beltway. That said, we did have a terror attack not far from us that got us a lockdown earlier in the year.

And yes, our business campus is one where folks can and do walk through it every day...

Jeffrey Field has NO permanent restroom facilities. Only port a johns. The spectator and player facilities at Jeffrey have been an embarrassment for decades. Thank god it is one of the first facilities to see improvement under the AD facility master plan.

Reactions: PSU_Nut and Cafe210
Maybe they could sell credits on a NLC swipe card. Also install some scales in the toilets so if you happen to drop some big executive-sized log in the IM Building, you get charged more (like the airlines do w/ fat people).

I almost dropped an executive sized log reading that !:D

Jeffrey Field has NO permanent restroom facilities. Only port a johns. The spectator and player facilities at Jeffrey have been an embarrassment for decades. Thank god it is one of the first facilities to see improvement under the AD facility master plan.

#itssoccer

No, and currently there are no indoor facilities at Jeffrey Field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT