ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone watching Rogan on Spotify since he moved?

Op2

Mar 16, 2014
I have to say I don't like Spotify's interface at all, for music or anything else.

For Rogan your only options for video are, small square in the corner or takes over the entire screen. There is no option for it to play fast (1.25, 1.5, etc) like on YouTube and that's bad. The scroll bar at the bottom of the screen is less than half the width of Youtube, which means it's harder to only go back or forward a few minutes since it's already a three hour podcast and if you click just a little too far right on the bar, boom, you're 10 minutes ahead. This wouldn't be a problem if they had "forward 30 seconds" and "backwards 30 seconds" buttons, but they don't.

It's just bad, IMO at least. You'd think others would say "YouTube is very successful, thus they do something people like, thus let's just copy them," to the degree they're allowed to I mean since they obviously can't simply completely copy them. I doubt YouTube has a patent on the "forward 30 seconds" button or the "play things at 1.25 speed" button.

What interface are you using ? On iOS I have speeds from .5-3x, plus 15 second and back 15 seconds

I have to say I don't like Spotify's interface at all, for music or anything else.

For Rogan your only options for video are, small square in the corner or takes over the entire screen. There is no option for it to play fast (1.25, 1.5, etc) like on YouTube and that's bad. The scroll bar at the bottom of the screen is less than half the width of Youtube, which means it's harder to only go back or forward a few minutes since it's already a three hour podcast and if you click just a little too far right on the bar, boom, you're 10 minutes ahead. This wouldn't be a problem if they had "forward 30 seconds" and "backwards 30 seconds" buttons, but they don't.

It's just bad, IMO at least. You'd think others would say "YouTube is very successful, thus they do something people like, thus let's just copy them," to the degree they're allowed to I mean since they obviously can't simply completely copy them. I doubt YouTube has a patent on the "forward 30 seconds" button or the "play things at 1.25 speed" button.
I'm getting used to it on Spotify. I've never attempted to play at a faster speed. I'm glad I don't have to pay anything to listen. One good thing with the Spotify format is I can skip through the commercials at the beginning of the episode and not have it interrupted in the middle like YouTube.

Why don’t you listen to the podcast?

I usually do listen to it but it's nice to put it on 1.25 or 1.50 sometimes and also when they start talking on a topic I'm not interested in it's nice to move forward a bit, especially since it's usually a three hour show.

I usually do listen to it but it's nice to put it on 1.25 or 1.50 sometimes and also when they start talking on a topic I'm not interested in it's nice to move forward a bit, especially since it's usually a three hour show.
So use the spotify app to listen at 1.25 or 1.5

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT