ADVERTISEMENT

OSU game 1964

PSU65

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2001
I hope JF shows the team the tape (if they still have it) of the OSU game from 1964.

Reactions: nits74
I hope JF shows the team the tape (if they still have it) of the OSU game from 1964.
No need to go back that far.

We handled them at the shoe in 2011, and we handled them at the shoe in 2008.

I hope Franklin PLAYS BARKLEY, so that we have a fair shot at them this week.

I was only 12, but will never forget it. 27-0 and OSU ranked #2, and we were 3-4 at the time. Rip and Joe completely outcoached them. I think Joe predicted the shutout, or so the story goes. Don't think OSU had a first down until the second half. We went on to finish 6-4.

ND was ranked #1 at the time and played Pitt that same day. Pitt almost beat them, but lost 17-15.

Last edited:
I was only 12, but will never forget it. 27-0 and OSU ranked #2, and we were 1-4 at the time. Rip and Joe completely outcoached them. I think Joe predicted the shutout, or so the story goes. Don't think OSU had a first down until the second half. We went on to finish 6-4.

ND was ranked #1 at the time and played Pitt that same day. Pitt almost beat them, but lost 17-15.

And we then beat Pitt 26-0.

I was only 12, but will never forget it. 27-0 and OSU ranked #2, and we were 1-4 at the time. Rip and Joe completely outcoached them. I think Joe predicted the shutout, or so the story goes. Don't think OSU had a first down until the second half. We went on to finish 6-4.

Yeah, but that was way back in the day when PSU was playing a bunch of pansy Eastern independents while everyone in the Big Ten was beating up on each other. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but that was way back in the day when PSU was playing a bunch of pansy Eastern independents while everyone in the Big Ten was beating up on each other. :rolleyes:
Yeah, and that game made our record against OSU 4-0 at the time (every game in Columbus, of course). We beat them in 1963 also.

Flash forward to 1968. Penn State beats UCLA in LA. OSU beats Purdue and leap frogs Penn State for the #1 ranking.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiTownLion
Remember the game well. "No team from the East will ever beat Ohio State!" Woody Hayes. I believe we beat them two years in a row??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT