ADVERTISEMENT

Orgeron is out at LSU

Crazy f er’s. I think he is a way overrated coach, however no coach is going to equal the success that everyone is using Nick S, as the gauge. LSU thinks it can be the next Bama. I don’t see it.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Wow. They had a pretty good win over Florida yesterday. How long until the Franklin to LSU articles start? ;)
I would say once the first article about Ed’s replacement comes out.

Wow. They had a pretty good win over Florida yesterday. How long until the Franklin to LSU articles start? ;)

I imagine Ed has started a lot of these rumors.

17M to not work is quite a deal.

He has a NC already. Retirement to some TV gig.

LdN

I think LSU is the job where Franklin gives the pitch a serious listen. They’ll throw more money and resources than PSU could ever match.

Now the kicker at a job in the SEC West - you’re basically given three years to win the conference or you get canned. Can you beat Bama, Auburn, A&M + crossovers with Georgia, Florida, Kentucky? Plus OK/TX getting added to the mix in a few years. Good luck.

I think LSU is the job where Franklin gives the pitch a serious listen. They’ll throw more money and resources than PSU could ever match.
I don't know about that. Would he want to go through this kind of thing again?

Reactions: step.eng69

Now the kicker at a job in the SEC West - you’re basically given three years to win the conference or you get canned. Can you beat Bama, Auburn, A&M + crossovers with Georgia, Florida, Kentucky? Plus OK/TX getting added to the mix in a few years. Good luck.

I don’t know why he’d give up the security he has here for a school that fires a coach 2 years after an NC. Who wants to work under those expectations?

Urban and LSU would be a great fit. Or Freeze and LSU. Combinations that will do whatever it takes, even if Shady.

I'm sure they are just concerned about the deteriorating academic standards at the school. They are probably looking at the NW or Stanford coach.

• Haha
I don’t know why he’d give up the security he has here for a school that fires a coach 2 years after an NC. Who wants to work under those expectations?

No doubt job security is a bigger benefit at a school like PSU - but if his ultimate goal is winning a national championship, who’s closer? LSU has won 3 in the last 20 years, with different coaches. LSU is one of those few schools with unlimited resources. I mean, Coach O won a natty there - anyone can do it.

Definitely pros and cons - I don’t know if he’d take it or not. But he’s going to listen to this pitch closer than he has with the jobs that have popped up in the past.

Reactions: Midnighter2
Kind of like Morelli took us to elite? I'll believe it when I see it. Recruiting rankings are sketchy
They are sketchy and not always correct but I’ll take my chances with a Justin fields being That good over a trace being a rare find.

Schools like lsu must put a notation on the end of the tuition bill that states:

"** football coach buyout apportionment..."

May they all rot in hell. Sorry.

Reactions: step.eng69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT