ADVERTISEMENT

Okie state vs hawks

Lee getting pinned reminded me of IMar getting pinned. No fight from his back b/c unlike lesser wrestlers, he has no experience in that position and gives up once he's there. Gas tank might have had something to do with it as well, but still, it was only the second period.

Lee seems to have peaked. He is not dynamic. What he is good at he is REALLY good at but guys are game planning for it. His offense is limited on his feet. He really only has one shot from a tie. His top game is nothing more than a tilt. He is incredible with it but if he can't turn you with the tilt he won't score from top. His top game is not punishing, either.
If you don’t think Lee has an illness that is limiting him then you are blind. He didn’t just forget how to wrestle in a year.

Reactions: donboy6499
There is very little space on the edge of the mats, nearly impossible to finish on the edge

If you don’t think Lee has an illness that is limiting him then you are blind. He didn’t just forget how to wrestle in a year.

You would be correct in that I do not believe he has some mystery illness. I think other guys are simply capable of beating him. It's not crazy, dude. I get that Iowa fans will scream until they are blue in the face that he just can't lose an honest match but he can. I don't know why people want to discount how good guys like Picc and SeaBass are. They came out of high school with credentials, too.

Nick Piccininni

High School: Attended Ward Melville High School in East Setauket, N.Y. … Compiled a 226-5 record under coach Bill Desario … Four-time New York state champ … Was a Flo Nationals finalist in 2013 … Won Flo Nationals in 2014 … Named 2015 New York recipient of Dave Schultz High School Excellence Award, presented by the National Wrestling Hall of Fame … Also competed in lacrosse.

Sebastion Rivera

High School: New Jersey state champion ... Two-time New Jersey state place-winner … Member of the All-Shore Team … Super 32 champion … Journeyman Classic champion … Has a 73-12 high school record … Ranked third at 113 lbs. by InterMat … Ranked fifth at 120 lbs. by FloWrestling … High school team is ranked top-20 in New Jersey … Member of Elite Wrestling for 13 years … Earned honors twice at his academy.

These guys are not chumps. Give them some credit.

Remember some of the Iowa posters at the beginning of the year saying things like:

Spencer Lee will never lose again.

Max Murin is going to AA.

Pat Lugo's floor is top 6 at the tournament.

It's OK that Kemerer is out because Mitch Bowman is R12 to borderline AA.

Cash Wilcke is finally at his ideal weight and will show massive improvement in his offense this year.

Jacob Warner is a potential finalist.

Sam Stoll will win it all as a senior.

About that....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT