ADVERTISEMENT

Oh, NO! Redbox Bowl is to be Cancelled.

thanks...interesting...

The reason? The Redbox Bowl featured the Pac-12’s sixth selection and Big Ten’s seventh selection and now frees up two spots from the Power Five that would be attractive options in other games. It may create a "domino effect" and the Big Ten and Pac-12 are figuring out how to keep their conference "whole" and not miss out on bowl bids, McMurphy says he was told through a source.

remember when bowl games meant something?

you do? damn, you're old

I think there have been too many bowls.

Can remember back in my youth when there were only 4 ... Rose, Cotton, Sugar and Orange. Maybe a few others, that I didn't know about.

Because they can't find a TV partner for the game? With all of the crap that's on TV these days they couldn't find someone to air a football game? That seems odd, but I won't miss it. They could cancel another 20 bowl games IMO and it would be good for the sport.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I think there have been too many bowls.

Can remember back in my youth when there were only 4 ... Rose, Cotton, Sugar and Orange. Maybe a few others, that I didn't know about.
The Sun, Citrus, and Gator bowls all go back to the 40s if I recall correctly. The Liberty bowl stood up in the late 50s. Those should be the oldest outside of the majors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT