ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive Line for Outback

psu skp

Gold Member
Nov 7, 2016
50 yard line after dark
Has it been confirmed that Mike Miranda won't play in the bowl game? I haven't heard anything about him playing or his plans for next season (I assume he's gone).

With so little depth on the interior OL, it looks like the Outback Bowl will be more like the Blue White Game up front on offense.

OT Walker is hurt and not playing I assume, so would it be Fashanu backed up by Tengwell?
OG Looks like Wilson might be back on Jan 1 and next season
C If Miranda doesn't play, I guess Scruggs is the only other guy who snaps from center
OG Effner then takes Scruggs' spot at right guard
OT Wallace looks to be the only starter playing where he did in 2021

Tengwall played at a high level when he got a chance to play in the Rutgers(??) game. I was hoping that he would be starting somewhere on the OL against Arkansas, but if Fashanu and Wallace are better than it is what it is. I was hoping Wallace would move inside during the bowl practices as he looked like a turnstile this season at OT.

Didn't Wilson only have 1 year to play when he got to PSU?

Reactions: TheGLOV
Didn't Wilson only have 1 year to play when he got to PSU?
I think only if he already played six years. 2020 didn't count for Harvard either, so he should have a choice. If so, he should stay and benefit from another year under Trautwein as I am convinced he is a top-notch OL coach.

I think only if he already played six years. 2020 didn't count for Harvard either, so he should have a choice. If so, he should stay and benefit from another year under Trautwein as I am convinced he is a top-notch OL coach.
Hard pass on Wilson, get Wormley in there. Next years Oline should have Tengwell, Wallace Scruggs Wormley and Walker if he is back.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Didn't Harvard's 2020 season get cancelled?

But still thought he only had one year to play. With the OT that committed and then decommitted to the 2022 class having 2 years to play.

Hard pass on Wilson, get Wormley in there. Next years Oline should have Tengwell, Wallace Scruggs Wormley and Walker if he is back.
I thought Wilson did ok, considering he just joined the team at a position where it takes longer to get on the same page as the guys next to you. Hope he is back, for depth and mentoring if nothing else.

I thought Wilson did ok, considering he just joined the team at a position where it takes longer to get on the same page as the guys next to you. Hope he is back, for depth and mentoring if nothing else.
I can see that, just looking for a youth movement on the Oline.

Wilson is fine and glad to have him back. He was forced to try and cover for slugs like Walker and Wallace. Hopefully we can get some decent OT's next year so he can concentrate on his position. I wouldn't mind trying him at OT. Keep Effner at one position as well so he can concentrate maximizing his potential instead of using him as a band-aid all over the line. I think Miranda is coming back next year. I didn't hear that he is not playing.

Reactions: psu skp and TheGLOV
Bring in some a these Air Force kidts for the Climate Matrix Kellen Winslows Knee Thin Ice Haterix. Yes we block low... deplorably so.

Has it been confirmed that Mike Miranda won't play in the bowl game? I haven't heard anything about him playing or his plans for next season (I assume he's gone).

With so little depth on the interior OL, it looks like the Outback Bowl will be more like the Blue White Game up front on offense.

OT Walker is hurt and not playing I assume, so would it be Fashanu backed up by Tengwell?
C If Miranda doesn't play, I guess Scruggs is the only other guy who snaps from center
Looks like this is the first game of next years team. Hope they re enthusiastic about playing and play with passion.

The two teams that I follow the Steelers and PSU are at the same point with regard to their offenses. Neither can run, neither OL is physical, the pass blocking for PSU has been pretty steady....similar for the Steelers unless they go against a dominant DT who just blows up the middle of the Steeler line. PSU had better be hunting for some road grading OGs and Centers because other than Scruggs, I have not seen anyone capable in the middle of the line, and even he seemed to regress this year.

The two teams that I follow the Steelers and PSU are at the same point with regard to their offenses. Neither can run, neither OL is physical, the pass blocking for PSU has been pretty steady....similar for the Steelers unless they go against a dominant DT who just blows up the middle of the Steeler line. PSU had better be hunting for some road grading OGs and Centers because other than Scruggs, I have not seen anyone capable in the middle of the line, and even he seemed to regress this year.
The staff seemed high on Wormley, and Tengwall may end up playing inside as well. Shelton also may end up inside. The 2023's won't contribute for a while, but Birchmeier is the #1 IOL in that class, and Miller looks like a tank as well.

There never seems to be a quick fix to a poor OL, and we've had false hopes recently, but Franklin and Trautwein seem to be working on it......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT