ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame Hockey - BIG

Games that few watch, but they're national, that's all that counts. Yup.

I have no idea what your point is because you aren't actually saying anything. Just responding with sarcastic remarks.

Having games on TV was a big deal for BOB when the sanctions were hitting. I know hockey doesn't draw viewers at anywhere near the same rate, but if you think being on TV doesn't matter to a recruit, you are off your curmudgeonly rocker.

Reactions: NedFromYork
I have no idea what your point is because you aren't actually saying anything. Just responding with sarcastic remarks.

Having games on TV was a big deal for BOB when the sanctions were hitting. I know hockey doesn't draw viewers at anywhere near the same rate, but if you think being on TV doesn't matter to a recruit, you are off your curmudgeonly rocker.

Let's try simple English. Hockey doesn't make money, so who gives a shit whether it's on TV or what a recruit thinks? Clear enough for you?

Let's try simple English. Hockey doesn't make money, so who gives a shit whether it's on TV or what a recruit thinks? Clear enough for you?

Some of us give a crap about it. And actually hockey was one of the few Penn State sports that made money. Not a lot but still more than some of the sports teams here at Penn State that are not very good and lose money on top of it.

Some of us give a crap about it. And actually hockey was one of the few Penn State sports that made money. Not a lot but still more than some of the sports teams here at Penn State that are not very good and lose money on top of it.

Listen, I like hockey, and most of the other money losers, but I think that some elevate them beyond their proper station in a university context. And the reason they lose money is that not enough people care enough to watch them.

WRT hockey. Does it make money before or after coaching salaries? And how would it do without Pegula's largess (which is irrelevant because it doesn't matter where the money comes from, unless it's tuition/fees, but I thought I'd ask)?

It's very clear now that you are a miserable person. I am sorry I even attempted to engage you in conversation.

Hardly, I just don't suffer fools.

Whatever Art. We were discussing how Notre Dame helped improve B1G hockey (or not) and you twisted it into whether or not hockey makes money. For no reason other than your miserable persona. Have a good day.

Whatever Art. We were discussing how Notre Dame helped improve B1G hockey (or not) and you twisted it into whether or not hockey makes money. For no reason other than your miserable persona. Have a good day.

And you continue to prove I'm right.

And you continue to prove I'm right.

I haven't made a single comment about the finances of college hockey, so go be miserable somewhere else. Maybe try a wrestling thread, where they actually lose money every year. Or maybe a volleyball thread.

I haven't made a single comment about the finances of college hockey, so go be miserable somewhere else. Maybe try a wrestling thread, where they actually lose money every year. Or maybe a volleyball thread.

Can't quit, can you? Just keep proving I'm right.

Can't quit, can you? Just keep proving I'm right.

No clue what you think I'm proving you right about. But with every response you keep proving that I'm right about you being a curmudgeon.

Penn St has a good program, enjoy it! What else is there to do in the winter? It’s good entertainment, the kids are really skilled and it’s a fast game. Some of these players will be making millions in the NHL in a few years!

Penn St is hosting a regional in a couple of weeks, it will be a fun atmosphere with great hockey on display. I have watched BC hockey for many years and the sport has grown in popularity by leaps and bounds in the last 20 years. Florida, Texas, Cali and Arizona, are producing D1 talent.

BTW: PSU owes us a home game.

For Boston!

Penn St has a good program, enjoy it! What else is there to do in the winter? It’s good entertainment, the kids are really skilled and it’s a fast game. Some of these players will be making millions in the NHL in a few years!

Penn St is hosting a regional in a couple of weeks, it will be a fun atmosphere with great hockey on display. I have watched BC hockey for many years and the sport has grown in popularity by leaps and bounds in the last 20 years. Florida, Texas, Cali and Arizona, are producing D1 talent.

For Boston!

Hey BC. I keep hoping that down the road we will either sign a home and home series (over 2 seasons) with one or some of the teams in Boston area or that our team will come up and play BC one night and BU or Harvard the next night. We did that with Clarkson and St. Lawrence this season.

Can't figure it out, can ya?

I'm not even going to try. I have you pictured as an old dude whose wife left him and his kids have on real life ignore, so you're pi$$ed at the world. You are attempting to regain the only happiness you can remember in life -- those young days riding in the back of your parent's stationwagon. You didn't get any attention then either, so you would play the "I'm not touching you" game with your older sister trying to get her attention. I figure your best attempt to replicate that feeling is by being an internet troll.

Well, dude, I'm done giving you attention. Ignored.

Back to normal conversation with normal people.

I'm looking forward to the regional in Allentown. I couldn't get to last year's -- too far away. I was at the BC game in State College. Tight game. BC won 3-2. Was a blast even though we lost. Got to see Johnny Hockey up close. Great player. He scored a goal in the second period right in front of me. I took a BC fan along with me, so at least one of us went home happy that night.

We also played BCin Pittsburgh earlier that same season. BC beat us 8-2 that night. Johnny Hockey had a goal in that game too. Destry Straight had a hattrick. Not a very good showing for us.

I agree, we owe you a home game. Hopefully, we work out much more that that. Would love to see more Hockey East schools on the schedule as well.

Teams always play BC one night and either BU or NU the next night. Harvard is not in the rotation because they are in the ECAC.

BC has played 2 games at Wisconsin and then Wisconsin will make two trips to Boston over 3 years to even up the home and home series.

Boston is a great weekend trip.

Go Eagles!

It’s quality entertainment and it gets me through the winter. College hockey needs more programs like Penn St. You guys will sell out the Allentown regional!

Go Eagles!

Reactions: MJG-90

Boston is a fantastic city. I've been there many times. Big city with a small city feel. Last time I was up there, I stayed in Cohasset and took the ferry to Boston (from Hingham maybe?). I've stayed in the city several times as well. Always a great time. I haven't been to BC though. Would love to take in a hockey game there. Would love to get to the Beanpot too. Some great hockey venues throughout the northeast. Maybe someday I'll have the time / money to start visiting them.

Teams always play BC one night and either BU or NU the next night. Harvard is not in the rotation because they are in the ECAC.

BC has played 2 games at Wisconsin and then Wisconsin will make two trips to Boston over 3 years to even up the home and home series.

Go Eagles!

Love Boston. Wife and I have visited several times.

Reactions: Nitwit and TheGLOV
It’s terrific being in Hockey East. I can drive to almost every away game within an hour or 90 minutes.

I’m sure Penn St will be scheduling a series soon with BC & BU because they do recruit up here. BC is in the Brighton section of Boston. The campus straddles two cities, Newton and Boston. Chestnut Hill is a section of Newton.

Boston is a booming city. The amount of new construction might be at an all time high. The Seaport/Innovation District and Fenway area have dozens of new residential, retail and office buildings. Lots of history still preserved along the freedom trail.

Hopefully we will meet in the NCAA’s later this month.

Go Eagles!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT