ADVERTISEMENT

No invite for Barkley at Heisman

When a person like Manzel can win the Heisman and be celebrated for it, it loses a ton of it's glory.
If Saquon ends up playing in Cleveland, maybe Manzel will be the guy fixing his Ferrari when it needs a tune up.

(assuming Manzel isn't taking time off at the garage "due to personal matters" yet again).

Sorry, IMHO Moorhead’s O could have been A LOT MORE creative getting the ball into Barkley’s hands in space.....A LOT MORE.
I agree 100%. Joe M's game planning and resistance to change up were certainly contributors to this outcome. I am glad to see him go.

He will play but they won't ride him into the ground. They've been very careful with his touches with the 3 layups at the end of the year. If he plays which i think he will, id be shocked if he gets it 20 plus times.

Washington defensive strength is that DT anyway so unless the O line gets better the game script will be to throw, thats how you attack Washington.

Right. They just flipped the Cotton and Fiesta due to Ohio State. The Peach and Orange were 0%. It would take something out of the ordinary to play in the Fiesta
You were still wrong even after your near guarantee you knew what you were talking about....that's called no credibility.

You were still wrong even after your near guarantee you knew what you were talking about....that's called no credibility.

Right. They moved them due to Ohio State playing the past two years in Tempe not because of the bowl set up. No credibility. lol when I said the only other option was the Fiesta. Had we gone to the Orange or Peach you'd have a point

Can't even admit when you were wrong and you gave a 99.5% guarantee...but keep holding strong.

I wasn't wrong. I didn't say there wasn't another option. We're not in the Orange or Peach like someone thought even though it was IMPOSSIBLE

I wasn't wrong. I didn't say there wasn't another option. We're not in the Orange or Peach like someone thought even though it was IMPOSSIBLE
You said we were going to the Cotton Bowl and we didn't....that's wrong....end of story.

Love is a nice player but would anyone take him over Barkley? And PSU had a better record than Stanford. Last year's dinner from l Louisville?
As a Cal alum, it pains me to give a 'Furd player any praise, but Love is very good. His speed and lateral cutback ability are extremely good, probably on a par with Saquon. But he is not as big or as strong as Saquon, so he cannot run between the tackles as well as Saquon. In addition, he cannot catch passes as well as Saquon, and he cannot block anywhere near as well as Saquon. Nonetheless, Love is a great back. Tells you just how special Saquon is..

If Saquon ends up playing in Cleveland, maybe Manzel will be the guy fixing his Ferrari when it needs a tune up.

(assuming Manzel isn't taking time off at the garage "due to personal matters" yet again).

I think you're giving Johnny Football too much credit to think he could master fixing the combustible engine.

DQSYADNWsAA-9eN.jpg

Reactions: Sharkies
I believe our major problem is that we have no major news outlet that promotes us. The B1G press doesn't help us and there are no major TV stations nearby. Our teams have been getting hosed in these voting contests for years. We need our own TV but that is not happening.

Reactions: vops
Would love to have a clear overhead view of a play where McSorley fakes to Barkley and 4-5-6 defenders all go after him on the fake.

In fact, would love to see a photoshopped play where all 11 defenders run with Barkley on a fake, our OL doesn’t move and McSorley walks it in going the other way.

Reactions: LafayetteBear
Yeah, he faded fast unfortunately. Still the best player just didn't have the numbers. Blame whoever you want for that. Barkley need 4-5 players to be invited to have a shot. It's Mayfields party anyway

As usual, you wrong. No sensible ballot will have him anywhere less than 3rd

Would love to have a clear overhead view of a play where McSorley fakes to Barkley and 4-5-6 defenders all go after him on the fake.

In fact, would love to see a photoshopped play where all 11 defenders run with Barkley on a fake, our OL doesn’t move and McSorley walks it in going the other way.

It's not an overhead shot McSorley's TD right before halftime against Michigan shows 4 Michigan guys following Barkley, allowing McSorley to walk into the end zone. The instant replay shows this so clearly. And that was the #1 defense in the country. THAT is what separates Barkley from virtually everone else.

It's not an overhead shot McSorley's TD right before halftime against Michigan shows 4 Michigan guys following Barkley, allowing McSorley to walk into the end zone. The instant replay shows this so clearly. And that was the #1 defense in the country. THAT is what separates Barkley from virtually everone else.

I remember three TDS runs by TM that game. On one of them, TM had to make half of the Michigan team miss before diving for the pile on. On another, he ran over a safety and carried a DE over the line of scrimmage. On an earlier TD, the LB flowed to Barkley so TM pulled it and squeezed through a narrow crease for a short TD score. No question Barkley got a ton of attention. But I think a lot of folks oversell that point when they say 4 or 5 guys were shooting at him every play. That is simply inaccurate. LBs have keys and often flow to the ball based on what lineman and RBs are doing. We can put on the tape of teams defending lesser RBs and you will still see LBs flow to them. I think some folks mistake basic football assignments for meaning most guys on defense are gunning for one guy. Misdirection and counters work in football because teams over pursue. When we run a similar type of concept, everyone assumes it only works because the defense is focusing solely on one player.

Last edited:
I remember two TDS runs by TM that game. On one of them, TM had to make half of the Michigan team miss before diving for the pile on. On the other, the LB flowed to Barkley so TM pulled it and squeezed through a narrow crease to score. No question Barkley got a ton of attention. But I think a lot of folks oversell that point when they say 4 or 5 guys were shooting at him every play. That is simply inaccurate. LBs have keys and often flow to the ball based on what lineman and RBs are doing. We can put on the tape of teams defending lesser RBs and you will still see LBs flow to them. I think some folks mistake basic football assignments for meaning everyone is gunning for one guy.

It's the 2nd one you reference that I'm talking about (he actually had 3, the last one he ran over a couple of defeated Wolverines for the last 5 yards!). Go back and watch it. 4 different UM defenders take the fake and follow Barkley. Yes, McSorley did have get thru the line but then after that there was literally no one left as they all followed Barkley. I remember Herbie commenting that there was no one left to make the tackle. This was clearly a case of everyone gunning for one guy.

So, anyone else looking forward to seeing Baker Mayfield in those "Heisman House" commercials in about....3 years? After his career is over?

Yes. They could be funny. I am very disappointed that Barkley isn’t going to NYC for the ceremony. And I firmly believe he is the best player in the country. That doesn’t mean I do t think Mayfield and some other aren’t deserving as well.

Reactions: Erial_Lion
It's the 2nd one you reference that I'm talking about (he actually had 3, the last one he ran over a couple of defeated Wolverines for the last 5 yards!). Go back and watch it. 4 different UM defenders take the fake and follow Barkley. Yes, McSorley did have get thru the line but then after that there was literally no one left as they all followed Barkley. I remember Herbie commenting that there was no one left to make the tackle. This was clearly a case of everyone gunning for one guy.

I am not disputing that Barkley got a lot of attention (and deservedly so). But defensive teams often bite on fakes (especially around the goal line). To put it simply, I bet if we watch 20 college football games from that same Saturday across the country, we would be able to find numerous similar TDS runs by QBs that had an open lane because multiple defenders bought a fake to a RB. And none of those teams will have a RB who Is in the same stratosphere as Barkley. (Because I don’t think there is another back in college football that is close to him).

I am not disputing that Barkley got a lot of attention (and deservedly so). But defensive teams often bite on fakes (especially around the goal line). To put it simply, I bet if we watch 20 college football games from that same Saturday across the country, we would be able to find numerous similar TDS runs by QBs that had an open lane because amultiple defenders bought a fake. And none of those teams will have a player in the same stratosphere as Barkley.

Ok. You win. The #1 ranked defense in the country routinely follows the RB so as to allow the QB to walk in from the 7 yard line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT