ADVERTISEMENT

No invite for Barkley at Heisman

Yeah, he faded fast unfortunately. Still the best player just didn't have the numbers. Blame whoever you want for that. Barkley need 4-5 players to be invited to have a shot. It's Mayfields party anyway

It would have been nice for him to get a free trip to the DAC in NYC, but not surprising.

He can compare paychecks and team accomplishments with any of the "finalists"

Reactions: LafayetteBear
I don't really follow the Heisman, are there always only three nominees? For some reason I thought there were more...

I don't really follow the Heisman, is there always only three nominees? For some reason I thought there were more...
Depends on the vote totals I believe. There's definitely been more than three in the past. Honestly only Baker needs to go this year. Going to be a landslide despite him being an asshat.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Maybe. But
The numbers aren't there. Plain and simple. The system in place was not designed to make him shine. This offense was built around Trace, not Barkley.
every NFL draft analyst I've seen says he's the best in the draft. The OL stinking up the joint shouldn't be a factor.

Weird. I thought he might get an invite because on ESPN Radio this afternoon I heard an ad for the Heisman broadcast and they featured announcing highlights for Mayfield, Love, Barkley, and Jackson.

Heisman Trophy- "is awarded annually to the most outstanding player in college football in the United States whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity". Unfortunately the purpose of the award has been forgotten and replaced with stats only.

Heisman Trophy- "is awarded annually to the most outstanding player in college football in the United States whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity". Unfortunately the purpose of the award has been forgotten and replaced with stats only.

latest

Sorry, IMHO Moorhead’s O could have been A LOT MORE creative getting the ball into Barkley’s hands in space.....A LOT MORE.

Agree. I was constantly screaming to get him out and stop running between the tackles

Guaranteed he was 4th and they should have invited him. Sometimes they invite 5. We get hosed again. When will we ever get respect. JoePa never did and now with sandusky we are done. We have to go 12-0 to ever get invited to playoffs and that might not do it. I hate this shit.

Reactions: Sharkies
The award has always been a farce name the last defensive player to win it

This is just wrong... I hate that "they" get to apply the eye test whenever they feel it is appropriate but fail to use this across the board. I can't believe that anyone who watched Saquon Barkley play can come to the conclusion that he's not one of the top three players in college football. So, either it's wins/losses/championships won, or it's the eye test. This really is a bummer... I believe that Saquon has a positive attitude and it won't bother him as much as it does those of us living vicariously through him.

Sorry, IMHO Moorhead’s O could have been A LOT MORE creative getting the ball into Barkley’s hands in space.....A LOT MORE.
I agree — but it didn’t even need to be more creative — just less stubborn. Multiple games without a single pitchout to get him outside the 9 in the box and isolated on a CB. And in two games where we did pitch it to him, we didn’t do it the entire first half, did it once/twice early in the second half with great success, and then didn’t do it again the rest of the game. Mind boggling.

Love is a nice player but would anyone take him over Barkley? And PSU had a better record than Stanford. Last year's dinner from l Louisville?

Screw the Heisman voters!

FONZIE’S BARKING FOR BARKLEY !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT