ADVERTISEMENT

NLC Warning

These academia's are clueless. They have no idea how society works. They don't understand logistics and the cost to attend games. The ticket is the least expensive part.

To travel from Ohio its a $1,500 weekend...no thank you. I'd rather sit in the man-cave with the HD TV.
That's one of the main reasons we gave up our season tickets. Do that over the course of the season and a two-week vacation in Europe is cheaper.

Oh how I wish it were so!:)
1.jpg

"Ro, will you hand over your credit cards to me? I want to go shopping".
"How about I take out a 2nd mortgage and give you the money, just so you can go and enjoy yourself".

Reactions: fairgambit
That's one of the main reasons we gave up our season tickets. Do that over the course of the season and a two-week vacation in Europe is cheaper.

Yep. The PSU administration (for a long time) has been out of touch with the fanbase concerns. Their answer to everything is to just keep increasing prices- from tickets, to seat fees, to parking, etc. Eventually you hit a point where the customer sees its not worth the price and effort to go.

It's clear from the empty seats they've out priced (and alienated) their market. They refuse to admit that despite the thousands of empty seats.

What scares me is Sandy's track record with the Cal stadium repairs and the coming repairs of the Beav. My guess is they think they can just keep increasing prices again to pay for it. It could be a huge disaster both in terms of financing and burdening ICA with massive debt as well as with alienating even more fans.

Yep. The PSU administration (for a long time) has been out of touch with the fanbase concerns. Their answer to everything is to just keep increasing prices- from tickets, to seat fees, to parking, etc. Eventually you hit a point where the customer sees its not worth the price and effort to go.

It's clear from the empty seats they've out priced (and alienated) their market. They refuse to admit that despite the thousands of empty seats.

What scares me is Sandy's track record with the Cal stadium repairs and the coming repairs of the Beav. My guess is they think they can just keep increasing prices again to pay for it. It could be a huge disaster both in terms of financing and burdening ICA with massive debt as well as with alienating even more fans.
Its a near certainty....unless those folks with a DUTY AND AN OBLIGATION to step forward, do so.

So, given the track record to date....."it's a near certainty".

My wife and I were amazed by the amount of money we spent over nearly 40 years. Figuring NLC donation, 4 seats, motel for 2 nights, travel, food, souvenirs ... it was between 100 and 200 grand. Yes, there were a lot of good times, but since we've been staying home we also have a lot of good times, and we have saved a lot of money to buy even more.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and psu00

I'm not 100% sure about that. Everyone is beginning to have attendance issues--HDTV will do that to you. Also, they may well have built the Beav too large in the last expansion.

And tickets are one of the least expensive parts of attending a game. Hotels are a huge part of the cost today--and the administration has nothing to do with that.

I'm not 100% sure about that. Everyone is beginning to have attendance issues--HDTV will do that to you. Also, they may well have built the Beav too large in the last expansion.

And tickets are one of the least expensive parts of attending a game. Hotels are a huge part of the cost today--and the administration has nothing to do with that.

Maybe Sandy can hit up those hotels for major donations for the rebuild. Win-Win scenario. /sarc off

There gonna do what they want. They don't care what we think or want. I spend around two grand a year on donations and tickets. I would pay a little more for chairs. Probably another $500. That's it though. If it becomes like 5k for four seats per year, I'm done. They'll ruin it. They'll have to declare bankruptcy. Let's hope there smart enough to do the right things. The stadium does need work though. If I was in charge, I'd redo the plumbing and bathrooms and concessions, redo the press box, take down the north end zone and put up a new north end zone section with chairs and walla. Leave everything else. It's only for a few hours.

Laws of supply and demand come into affect. The bottom line is once someone stops buying tickets, they will probably never come back. How many people consider going to HV w/o a ticket (just to go hangout)? The ticket sales drives the bus.

Barbour may be the singular most clearly evident "shit for brains" in the history of ICA

It is ASTOUNDING that one body can contain so much violent incompetence
Penn State is the destination for incompetents who ran their previous programs into the ground. Sandy Barbour is doing exactly what she was fired from Cal for, Paul Clifford is doing exactly what he was (almost) fired from Oregon for, and Barron was the president of FSU during a sex-abuse scandal that the administration covered up. And since Penn State never fires anyone, Barbour and PJC are never going anywhere, but will instead make bank while running the university into the ground. It's a great time to be an alum.

Its really not easy to screw up so badly. It takes work, lots and lots of really hard work.
It's true. And that "plan" was approved? I love the we'll cross that crumbling bridge that we created when we come to it attitude.

Penn State is the destination for incompetents who ran their previous programs into the ground. Sandy Barbour is doing exactly what she was fired from Cal for, Paul Clifford is doing exactly what he was (almost) fired from Oregon for, and Barron was the president of FSU during a sex-abuse scandal that the administration covered up. And since Penn State never fires anyone, Barbour and PJC are never going anywhere, but will instead make bank while running the university into the ground. It's a great time to be an alum.
They fired Joe....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT