ADVERTISEMENT

Nickal v. Synder...who ya got

Lovethissport

Jan 17, 2014
Flo is reporting that Bo and Snyder are both registered at 97 kilos, 213.8 lbs, at the ranking tournament in Italy these weekend. Who ya got?

Last edited:
I love Bo, but the answer has to be Snyder. Bo was undersized when he wrestled J'den at 92 kg. I know he's been eating large amounts of smoked meats off his traeger grill, but I just can't see how he could grow to be competitive at that weight that quickly. Maybe he could knock off some of our backup 97 guys, but not Snyder.

I would love if bo A) took him down B) won a period

But snyder wins the match if they meet in my opinion.

Both will be better because of it.

Reactions: lionlover
I am taking Snyder. I think Bo is the most athletic guy Snyder will wrestle from the USA but Snyder is an Olympic gold medalist and world champ.

If they split matches this year, I’d rather Snyder win this one, and one in April, and Bo 2 in April. In the end, we’ll be the winners in watching it.

If forced to wager, I’d go with the reigning Olympic Champ.

If they split matches this year, I’d rather Snyder win this one, and one in April, and Bo 2 in April. In the end, we’ll be the winners in watching it.

If forced to wager, I’d go with the reigning Olympic Champ.

Something tells me Cox’s decision could be based on this outcome.

Snyder all day IYAM,but if Bo catches lighning, Cox takes up residence at Golden Corral.

I love me some Bo.....but....Snyder is one of the all time greats in his absolute prime. We all win getting to watch it. I'm guessing the likelihood of an upset is even less with the two rolling in practice. Bo could catch him in a scramble position for a pin, but Snyder will win the small battles of position and power. 8-3 Snyder.

I love Bo and even being a gigantic homer, I'll stop short of saying he can beat Kyle Snyder. Should be a fun match though!

My heart wants to say Bo, but I don't see it happening. However, I do expect to see a "Bo moment" somewhere along the line in this match to satisfy our addiction.
I'd really love to see him wrestle J'den again at 86kg but that ship has sailed.

No way Cox has not already made the decision on what weight to go. Trials are less than 3 months away.

So, what, pray-tell is his reason for holding back the announcement?
Its not like DT and Snyder arent both preparing for him solely.

lovely-you-so-pretty-meme-the-top-25-funny-celebrity-memes-so-far.jpg

Reactions: danoftw
I love me some Bo.....but....Snyder is one of the all time greats in his absolute prime. We all win getting to watch it. I'm guessing the likelihood of an upset is even less with the two rolling in practice. Bo could catch him in a scramble position for a pin, but Snyder will win the small battles of position and power. 8-3 Snyder.

just curious how bo would get to 3. it would have to be a step out or passivity point to make his score odd and i'm having trouble picturing either of those scenarios.

I need to go with Snyder, especially now that he is with NLWC and has most likely diversified. If Synder was still with tOSU’s RTC I would give Bo a better chance.

Because he's under no obligation to announce it?

Think about the options if he's truly undecided: he's either undersized at 97 kg, or faces cutting significant muscle mass in approx 2 months to go 86 kg. Both seem like a plan to fail.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
I love Bo, but the answer has to be Snyder. Bo was undersized when he wrestled J'den at 92 kg. I know he's been eating large amounts of smoked meats off his traeger grill, but I just can't see how he could grow to be competitive at that weight that quickly. Maybe he could knock off some of our backup 97 guys, but not Snyder.
Hope Bo sticks with freestyle. I could see him growing into 97 kg much like DT grew into 86 kg.

Future medalist IMO.

Reactions: Sullivan

Don’t know the reason. But he has told Askren that he will not show anyone his weight even at the OTC (claims he uses a scale at home) and said people will find out when he weighs in for trials. I think he enjoys being the bogeyman looming over both weights.

Don’t know the reason. But he has told Askren that he will not show anyone his weight even at the OTC (claims he uses a scale at home) and said people will find out when he weighs in for trials. I think he enjoys being the bogeyman looming over both weights.

And he complains that he gets no respect...

Bogeyman?? Sounds like Roars nickname from his HS golf team.

Last edited:
Bogeyman?? Sounds like Roars nickname from his HS golf team.
Birdieman!!

But seriously, I hope they meet in the tournament. Even if they don't, Bo will find out a lot about himself this weekend, so all is good.

Snyder favored, fans win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sullivan
God told Snyder to move to Cael's basement and learn to kill Nazi Zombies. Crazy huh? Now he just needs to focus on Killing the Russians. Maybe he can learn that in the attic

What does telling people what weight he's going to wrestle have to do with whether or not he gets respect?
If it's real or not.....whatever he needs to motivate himself, good on him.

Will make the flo video down the road that much more compelling

That said an 86 and 97kg competitor just look different so I'm sure we could apply the eyeball test.....:oops::eek::rolleyes:o_O:confused::cool::p:D:);):(:mad:

I find it hard to respect a selfish person. His actions are the exact description of selfishness.
This is also a team sport lets not forget.
which actions are you talking about.
not announcing his weight is not selfish at all imo, is there something else?

just curious how bo would get to 3. it would have to be a step out or passivity point to make his score odd and i'm having trouble picturing either of those scenarios.

I consider a step out most likely. Snyder ahead comfortable but Bo with any upper body tie I would expect Kyle to give up a step out rather than risk the unknown. There is just as much probability Bo lands on an odd number as even imo. A failed challenge is also worth one point.

Bad body style matchup for Bo for sure. Snyder is so much more powerful than Gabe Dean. Maybe in Folk Bo could do some interesting things but this is a tall mountain to climb in free.

To bad Snyder and Cassar were two passing ships in the night I think that one could have been close.

I would rather see Bo go down and challenge DT (I know, I know).

It is still worth watching for sure but I have no expectations other than I will be entertained if it happens.

Reactions: diggerpup
I find it hard to respect a selfish person. His actions are the exact description of selfishness.
David Taylor has not announced his return date. How is that not selfish if Cox is?

Actually, selfish is demanding info months ahead of when one is entitled to it, and then "losing respect" for the person who doesn't comply.

God told Snyder to move to Cael's basement and learn to kill Nazi Zombies. Crazy huh? Now he just needs to focus on Killing the Russians. Maybe he can learn that in the attic
That made me feel MUCH better reading that being that I still live in my parents basement. Obviously god wants us and has a preference for us living In basements .....so I’m good now.

Whew

Reactions: WildTurk
I don’t get your take at all. How is it selfish? We don’t have a team yet. I think Cael has learned there is no utility in sharing information that may help your opponents if you don’t have to. Seems pretty smart to me. I like it that Cox is being coy.

That said, that supremely fickle mistress, “the eyeball test” tells me he’s going 86. As have several confident if not publicly credentialed posters here for weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT