ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Lee’s Go Behind Lateral Drop

Lee is amazing. He’s a great wrestler but I think some guys have made the mistake of underestimating him. Go back and look at the double underhook throw he tried in this year’s NCAA finals. Not many guys would try that in a championship match.

The good news is that we will get to see some more of him in freestyle wrestling.

Lee is amazing. He’s a great wrestler but I think some guys have made the mistake of underestimating him. Go back and look at the double underhook throw he tried in this year’s NCAA finals. Not many guys would try that in a championship match.

The good news is that we will get to see some more of him in freestyle wrestling.
Wouldn’t it be something if it was between him and Yianni for the Olympic team and Nick threw Yianni on his dome for the win.

That would be “meaningful”

he is nasty upper body and has been his whole career. most of his stuff is really basic and fundamental so he always seems to catch guys off guard for some reason.

for a treat, go back and watch the semis at the scuffle against alber his true freshman year. he's up 5-4 with 15ish seconds left. alber goes double to body lock. most guys would try to hold on with a whizzer and pray for the buzzer. lee didn't hesitate, beat alber to the punch, and stepped in with a filthy inside reap, double overs throw and bombed him to his back for the fall.

Reactions: diggerpup and mcpat
he is nasty upper body and has been his whole career. most of his stuff is really basic and fundamental so he always seems to catch guys off guard for some reason.

for a treat, go back and watch the semis at the scuffle against alber his true freshman year. he's up 5-4 with 15ish seconds left. alber goes double to body lock. most guys would try to hold on with a whizzer and pray for the buzzer. lee didn't hesitate, beat alber to the punch, and stepped in with a filthy inside reap, double overs throw and bombed him to his back for the fall.
Yeah, that was great. And I think Nolf or Nickal was in the background going nuts

Not to say Zain wasnt a good freestyler, hell he was a World Cadet champ but I just feel he got so caught up in his unmatched top game that he never got back in the FS groove 100%. Not too say its too late by ANY means.

Nick Lee on the other hand IMO is more apt to transition to FS in a shorter time frame, even though he was never considered elite in age group comp.
I feel Nick is the frontrunner at 65, and its his NATURAL weight (he just REFUSED to go 149 lol) so he’s gonna be around A WHILE!!

Not to say Zain wasnt a good freestyler, hell he was a World Cadet champ but I just feel he got so caught up in his unmatched top game that he never got back in the FS groove 100%. Not too say its too late by ANY means.

Nick Lee on the other hand IMO is more apt to transition to FS in a shorter time frame, even though he was never considered elite in age group comp.
I feel Nick is the frontrunner at 65, and its his NATURAL weight (he just REFUSED to go 149 lol) so he’s gonna be around A WHILE!!
i've always felt they were really similar wrestlers. we'll see how lee handles the counter exposure/scrambling stuff. that's where zain has really struggled.

i've always felt they were really similar wrestlers. we'll see how lee handles the counter exposure/scrambling stuff. that's where zain has really struggled.
Nick handled it pretty well last year beating and Zain and Yianni handily at the Olympic Team Trials.

That was friggen awesome. Seeing the stars in the background going nuts is great. Nick's expression is priceless.....yeah, I tossed the #1, whose next.

Reactions: diggerpup

How’d you come out so normal from over there?

So much going on in that video.

Zain, Cenzo, Bo, and someone else going crazy. The table worker up out of his chair in appreciation. Schwab (?) agony of defeat. Nick with the single hand clap back to center, ready to chop wood and carry water. Nick's leg whip that about took Alber's hip out of its socket.

Zain, Cenzo, Bo, and someone else going crazy. The table worker up out of his chair in appreciation. Schwab (?) agony of defeat. Nick with the single hand clap back to center, ready to chop wood and carry water. Nick's leg whip that about took Alber's hip out of its socket.
That "someone else" is Nolf I believe. Great clip!

The thing that I thought was a little different was Alber kept his hands locked behind Nick the entire time until the fall.

The thing that I thought was a little different was Alber kept his hands locked behind Nick the entire time until the fall.
Alber was in shock. Plus, I'm not sure the death grip Nick had on the overs would allow Alber to release. :D

my first So Scuffle. Nick was going to lose his red shirt due to injury with the kid that came in from Illinois (can't think of his name). I knew something was going on cause the team, basically, came out to watch him. He then proceeded to rock the NCAAs after getting caught in the first round. That was great as I was sitting beside his Aunt/Uncle during the venue.

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT