ADVERTISEMENT

New 2013 arrest has surfaced for Zach Smith

So drunk driving and speeding are dismissed in favor of "physical control"? Wonder if that is the same police department that came to the home nine times but never charged him with anything.

Reactions: BBrown
Is that kind of reduction in charges, etc. typical in cases like this....or is that done with the help of a really good attorney?

Is that kind of reduction in charges, etc. typical in cases like this....or is that done with the help of a really good attorney?
It varies from state to state but that sounds like a sentence for a first offense. The article stated he was found guilty of a misdemeanor. Fines, license suspension and likely alcohol counseling. If the fix was in and he plead to a minor offense there likely wouldn't have been a 180 day suspension. Just IMO...

It varies from state to state but that sounds like a sentence for a first offense. The article stated he was found guilty of a misdemeanor. Fines, license suspension and likely alcohol counseling. If the fix was in and he plead to a minor offense there likely wouldn't have been a 180 day suspension. Just IMO...
the other question is, how did he do his job for 6 months with a suspended license? did he have an Uber take him out recruiting?

Reactions: ImaWright
What is physical control? This is what he ended up with as opposed to DWI...
It seems to me (again IMO) that since he refused the breath test the charge ultimately was "physical control" of the vehicle while intoxicated as opposed to operating over the legal BAC limit since there was no BAC recorded. The officer would then need to rely on field sobriety tests and personal observation to prove intoxication. The penalties are likely the same with the exception of a longer suspension due to the refusal.

It seems to me (again IMO) that since he refused the breath test the charge ultimately was "physical control" of the vehicle while intoxicated as opposed to operating over the legal BAC limit since there was no BAC recorded. The penalties are likely the same with the exception of a longer suspension due to the refusal.
I will bet that 90%+ of all DUI's where the defendant refuses to take a breathalyzer test do not result in a reduced charge. And in this instance the defendant admitted to drinking (seems like Zack's lawyer should tell him to stop admitting to committing crimes) and he failed a field sobriety test.

Fat, drunk, stupid wife-beater. The Holy Trinity +1

Earle Bruce is spinning in his 9x3 grave
Earle Bruce and Tosu fanboy worship is what created this guy. The only spinning old Earle is doing right now is trying to answer Dick Schaap's questions about Tosu football and the sense of entitlement that is associated with it.

Last edited:
Strange no one mentioned the "libido max" supplements found in the car, according to arrest records.

Last edited:
Reactions: odshowtime
Jamesrbrown322 43 MINUTES AGO
Wow. Yet another reason that this guy should have lost his job long before Jully 2018.
Worst part of this specific incident is that OSU fans are now no longer allowed to mock Nebraska for retaining an assistant coach with an DUI record.

^^^Yep...that's the worst part

Reactions: odshowtime
you know that the buckey fringe lunatics will say "this is good! on that night he was drinking with his wife, how can the stories about beating her be right if they can enjoy hanging out drinking wine together?"

Actually if you read the comments on elevenwarriors it's not that at all. It's "will this ever end?" There is quite a lot of fear.

The more of these that pile up, the more likely it will be that they will find evidence that Meyer knew stuff and withheld it from his superiors. And if there is a lot of that, they will have to fire him.

Said it for 2 weeks now, but I think Brett McMurphy has some stuff he is sitting on and waiting until after the investigation is announced. Think it is pretty clear he wants Urban fired, and if Urban is retained I don't think McMurphy is going to let it just die down and go away after putting this much effort into.

What a look it would be for OSU if Urban is retained and then McMurphy dropped a bomb after...

Last edited:
I'm 99 percent certain he was driving during this period. How could he perform his duties with no liscense? Just a hunch, because I know of other people who have done this. I wouldn't be shocked if he still had a valid Florida drivers license and used that. This guy is a real piece of work.

WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL ABOUT ALL THIS? As former OSU player Terrelle Pryor famously said, "Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever."

Everyone also drives while drunk, beats their spouse, whatever....

Does anyone know when hack Harrisburg sports journalist and OSU fanboy Davey Jones will chime in??
ZS could run over Davey's dog in a drunken neighborhood demolition derby, and Davey would have a plaque put in the ground:

Earle Bruce's Grandson ran over and

dismembered our beloved Riley here...

Earle Bruce's Grandson!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
I'm 99 percent certain he was driving during this period. How could he perform his duties with no liscense? Just a hunch, because I know of other people who have done this. I wouldn't be shocked if he still had a valid Florida drivers license and used that. This guy is a real piece of work.

Not to defend him but there are these things called taxis and ride shares. I’m sure they fit within the OSU travel budget. I don’t even rent cars on business travel anymore. Just take Uber everywhere.

In ohio, there is a DUI and an OVI. DUI is having booze in your blood, any amount. OVI is being "intoxicated". If the perp doesn't take the blood test (which is tantamount to pleading no contest....guilty but without a fight). If is fairly common to get an OVI dropped to a DUI, but not dropping the speeding as well....and especially in cases where the perp refused the blood test because that pisses judges off.

Really looks like he got special treatment, of some sort.

Reactions: roswelllion
The players drove him around. They get their cars for free. :)

Pryor_Knowledge.gif

Said it for 2 weeks now, but I think Brett McMurphy has some stuff he is sitting on still and waiting until after the investigation is announced. Think it is pretty clear he wants Urban fired, and if Urban is retained I don't think McMurphy is going to let it just die down and go away after putting this much effort into.

What a look it would be for OSU if Urban is retained and then McMurphy dropped a bomb after...
You can bet he does. He is waiting to see if the 6 person investigation team comes clean on everything. If they do not he will slam them again. He is just telling them they gotta let it all hang out there. I am assuming the former prosecutors on that team get how this works. If they blithely assume they have explained it all away, they are gonna get burned.

Reactions: ImaWright
Not to defend him but there are these things called taxis and ride shares. I’m sure they fit within the OSU travel budget. I don’t even rent cars on business travel anymore. Just take Uber everywhere.

"....and that is why I want you to come to THE Ohio State.........Do you mind if I stay for 10 minutes while I order and wait for my Uber to pick me up and take me back to my hotel?" -Zach Smith sitting in a recruit's living room

Last edited:
99% certain? you must have quite a lot of information to reach such a high degree of certainty

perhaps you could share your sources on this information

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT