ADVERTISEMENT

New 2013 arrest has surfaced for Zach Smith

Even The National Interagency Fire Center in Boise is dispatching less assets than the Buckeye Rapid Reaction Email/Twitter Force in putting out fires this summer

Lately, they all seem to be experts in pleading down drinking offenses while driving - their talking points are tight!

if you have enough money and can hire a high end attorney, they can cut deals. it is a very scratch your back type of industry. Smith could obviously hire the top local attorney to plea this down.

Probably was driving through Dublin on his way from Powell as they are adjoining suburbs. Lots of bars in Powell, practically one on every street corner.

[QUOTE="theXbomber, post: 3595556, member: 4638"]I'm 99 percent certain he was driving during this period. How could he perform his duties with no liscense? Just a hunch, because I know of other people who have done this. I wouldn't be shocked if he still had a valid Florida drivers license and used that. This guy is a real piece of work.[/QUOTE]

I'm 100% absolutely positive there's a big difference between "just a hunch" and "99% certain." :eek:

Reactions: Ranger Dan
if you have enough money and can hire a high end attorney, they can cut deals. it is a very scratch your back type of industry. Smith could obviously hire the top local attorney to plea this down.
Agree but three elements make this reduction extraordinary:
  • OVI instead of DUI
  • Refused Blood Test
  • Accessory speeding (much higher likelihood of killing someone)
  • Previous records (Judge and prosecutor had to ask about previous legal experience)
hqdefault.jpg

you know that the buckey fringe lunatics will say "this is good! on that night he was drinking with his wife, how can the stories about beating her be right if they can enjoy hanging out drinking wine together?"

He considered beating his wife as his after dinner mint....?

Reactions: Gnat91
I'm 99 percent certain he was driving during this period. How could he perform his duties with no liscense? Just a hunch, because I know of other people who have done this. I wouldn't be shocked if he still had a valid Florida drivers license and used that. This guy is a real piece of work.

I read the case was settled in 2015. Was he on the staff of OSU in 2015 and did he drive OSU cars and recruits in 2015??

99% certain? you must have quite a lot of information to reach such a high degree of certainty

perhaps you could share your sources on this information
If you read my post I stated it was " just a hunch" I never said I had information but I relayed what I have seen other people do in a similar situation. I also have a healthy level of skepticism that there is a bridge for sale over the east river.

99% certain? you must have quite a lot of information to reach such a high degree of certainty

perhaps you could share your sources on this information
I'm guessing they are the same sources of information this guy on Facebook discussing 2001 used (actual quotes):

"If Joe Pa was a decent person he would have fired Sandusky, it was his program."

"Why was someone that was not an employee allowed that level of access and why didn’t Joe Pa stop it? It is really easy to ignore a problem and say not my problem. What is one of those boys had been your son your brother? And joe Pa knew and did nothing to stop it?"

"It was Joe Pa’s program. You guys act like he couldn’t of banned him for
The facility if he wanted too. Joe Pa ran that University. Had it been your son or brother would you have been ok with he reported to his boss but still allowed him at the facility? Love how you guys act like Joe Pa had no power at PSU, he was just a humble employee."

"Sandusky was still around the football team and football facilities after Joe Pa reported him. Joe was responsible for the people that he allowed in that building and at his youth camps. You are kidding yourself if you think Bobby Bowden, Bear Bryant, Nick Saban or Lou Holtz would have allowed this kind of behavior to go at their facilities. All Joe had to do was say I don’t want him allowed on premises, he is no longer associated with the football team and there have been allegation of miss conduct and he would have been banned. All this Joe had power over the athletic facilities and who was allowed in is bullshit. Joe covered up for his friend because he didn’t want the program to be embarrassed. But guess what, PSU now stands for Pedophile State University. Growing up I had a lot of respect for Joe and the Penn State program. I thought they and he did it the right way. I was wrong."

Of course the guy is a big Bama fan and just started his job at Torchys Tacos in Texas, so I guess that would explain a lot!

Reactions: ChiTownLion
I thought I saw something about driving limitations or restrictions. Likely, he was permitted to do work related driving.

Reactions: crayfish67
I will bet that 90%+ of all DUI's where the defendant refuses to take a breathalyzer test do not result in a reduced charge. And in this instance the defendant admitted to drinking (seems like Zack's lawyer should tell him to stop admitting to committing crimes) and he failed a field sobriety test.
I didn't think you could refuse a breathalyzer at the station. I knew you refuse a field test but once they hauled you in they could insist.

"Coach, do you mind if I don't drive while I go on recruiting trips for the next 6 months?"

I didn't think you could refuse a breathalyzer at the station. I knew you refuse a field test but once they hauled you in they could insist.

They can insist, and you can refuse a breath test, but you are almost sure to lose your lic (rightfully so), unless your lawyer gets you off on a technicality.

"....and that is why I want you to come to THE Ohio State.........Do you mind if I stay for 10 minutes while I order and wait for my Uber to pick me up and take me back to my hotel?" -Zach Smith sitting in a recruit's living room

He was either traveling with another coach or he was driving.

you cannot be compelled to testify against yourself. But in Ohio, they made the penalty for "not testifying against yourself" as for being guilty (as if you testified against yourself and were convicted). To be fair, driving is a privilege and not a right. So that state says they can suspend your license at any time, and you have no "rights" to protest.

If you read my post I stated it was " just a hunch" I never said I had information but I relayed what I have seen other people do in a similar situation. I also have a healthy level of skepticism that there is a bridge for sale over the east river.
I did read it, I just thought it was a good opportunity to point out the fallacy of being 99% sure of something while being in possession of 0% of the facts. It's a very common problem these days

Reactions: dailybuck777
If I were one of those OSU investigators, I would be VERY worried that Urby or others at OSU are lying to me. To address this worry, I would ask Urby to submit to a lengthy sworn statement. If he refused, I would say, ok, then recommend that he be dismissed for his lies at media day. I would insist that he make de Fries available under oath too. No? Ok, see ya, Coach Liar.

If they gave the statements, I would publish them not in full, but to set forth the topics covered. I would drop the bullshit 14 day limit and say, "it takes as long as it takes." Then Courtney and McMuphy could have a month to bring out whatever they're holding back now.

I can almost guarantee that CS or McMurphy are holding back something.

]Just take Uber everywhere.

I'd be very surprised if they take Uber on recruiting trips unless it's an Uber Land Rover limo loaded with Ohio State "hostesses." No they're renting the nicest cars they can at the airport. Now that doesn't mean Smith was driving. He probably was traveling with another staffer. But what it does mean is it is unlikely Ohio State didn't know his license was suspended.

I could see being able to drive back and forth to campus, but would that have also applied to rental cars and such in different states?

Per the report, Zach Smith's license was also suspended for 180 days.

That would --- seemingly --- make it tough for Zach Smith to roll up to the car rental desk at DFW and get a car.

That would also --- seemingly --- make it tough for Urban to play the "plausible deniability card" here.

If Urban didn't know about the DUI, Urban would theoretically still be sending Zach Smith out on a recruiting trips by himself. But if Zach Smith was being sent to DFW (Texas was his "recruiting area"), Zach would have a hard time renting a car. He'd basically have to tell Urban about his suspended license. One would think, right?

This guy sounds more and more like O.J. Simpson, and again the local authorities enabled his conduct. I guess we should be glad his wife is still alive.
I know Delco knows this, but "choking" (actually strangulation) is higher on the lethality assessment lists than punching is. That is if one guy punches his wife and other "chokes" his, arrest the choker if you only can arrest one.

Once your hands are around a person's neck, they can be dead in 1-2 minutes.

So where is dailyBaghdadBob666 to comment on this? Or has he finally been banned?

Per the report, Zach Smith's license was also suspended for 180 days.

That would --- seemingly --- make it tough for Zach Smith to roll up to the car rental desk at DFW and get a car.

That would also --- seemingly --- make it tough for Urban to play the "plausible deniability card" here.

If Urban didn't know about the DUI, Urban would theoretically still be sending Zach Smith out on a recruiting trips by himself. But if Zach Smith was being sent to DFW (Texas was his "recruiting area"), Zach would have a hard time renting a car. He'd basically have to tell Urban about his suspended license. One would think, right?

His license was suspended . As far as I can remember they do allow you to drive for work related reasons. If that is the case, he would have had to have gone to the university for some sort of paperwork to give to the courts regarding when and why he would need to operate a motor vehicle. IF that's what happened.. .Someone at OSU knew about it.

Reactions: BBrown
ADVERTISEMENT