ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska wants to play football: "We certainly hope it's in the Big Ten. If it isn't..."

He just did. By making that public statement he’s telling the whole Big 10.

But what if Tosu were to push it? What if Tosu today said they would explore options to play football this fall? Would warren publicly state that Tosu would no longer be a member of the b1g?

Reactions: HazletonLion
Kevin Warren is clearly in over his head. Let’s see how this ends.

Kevin Warren is an empty shirt. He's DEFINITELY no Jim Delany. His interview on BTN after the announcement was beyond embarrassing. The questions were coming from a friendly media outlet, and he looked like a deer in the headlights with no straight answers.

Saying he is "clearly in over his head" may be the biggest understatement in the history of Mankind.

Kevin Warren is an empty shirt. He's DEFINITELY no Jim Delany. His interview on BTN after the announcement was beyond embarrassing. The questions were coming from a friendly media outlet, and he looked like a deer in the headlights with no straight answers.

Saying he is "clearly in over his head" may be the biggest understatement in the history of Mankind.
Not sure if it would have made any difference with Delany in charge as the B1G commish is following the lead of its presidents. Maybe @Art can chime in on that one.

Also, wonder what Bobby Carpenter is alluding to here wrt to Warren's time with the Vikings...

Well that could interesting. Curious how the Big Ten responds (if at all). I would assume this means Nebraska would be out of the conference and would forfeit current and future revenue. Maybe even have to pay an exit fee.

Who knew Nebraska would be a modern day pre civil war South Carolina?

I am sure BYU, New Mexico State, Army and a couple others would be willing to give them games.
So would Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma St and the rest of the Big 12.

I really don't understand all this angst against Nebraska for pursuing solutions that the Big Ten can not offer.

What do all these ADs think they're going to do after absorbing a $100 million hit? At least Nebraska's trying to be proactive to minimize the damage. Who is the Big Ten to tell Nebraska that they have to die with the rest of us?

Last edited:

I really don't understand the angst against Nebraska for pursuing solutions that the Big Ten can not offer.

What are all these ADs think they're going to do after absorbing a $100 million hit? At least Nebraska's trying to be proactive about it to minimize the damage. Who is the Big Ten to tell Nebraska that they have to die with the rest of us?

They should be able to do whatever they want provided they pay the B1G whatever the cost is to leave and honor whatever contracts (TV rights, etc.) are in place at the moment. The thought that 'Penn State only cares about football' has been exposed as true - not only for us, but for everyone else as well, as is the notion these kids are in school to get an education. Student-athlete? LOL.

Yet nothing to say about OSU.

EfPM58tWsAAsFYk

Last edited:
Reactions: odshowtime
Sorry I haven't read all the posts. But wasn't the vote by the individual presidents of all the respective B1G universities ? IIRC, weren't the only two no votes from Neb. and Iowa ?

Not sure if it would have made any difference with Delany in charge as the B1G commish is following the lead of its presidents. Maybe @Art can chime in on that one.

Also, wonder what Bobby Carpenter is alluding to here wrt to Warren's time with the Vikings...

With regard to Warren being "pushed out" by the Vikings, Carpenter is full of baloney.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
With regard to Warren being "pushed out" by the Vikings, Carpenter is full of baloney.

There was a day when Mark May almost stood out on ESPN as an ex-jock who never let his lack of knowledge prevent him from making bold statements. The network now seems to consider it a requirement to be involved in their programming.

Last edited:

I really don't understand all this angst against Nebraska for pursuing solutions that the Big Ten can not offer.

What do all these ADs think they're going to do after absorbing a $100 million hit? At least Nebraska's trying to be proactive to minimize the damage. Who is the Big Ten to tell Nebraska that they have to die with the rest of us?
I agree...plus the ‘N’ stands for Knowledge!

I have a feeling the NU Prez is having a very frank convo with Scott Frost today, or already did. Prez showing who is the boss on campus.

Reactions: odshowtime
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT