ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament - Only Essential Staff/Families in Person

I have booked things through Expedia before and yesterday reserved a vehicle. I didn't read the details but they appear to have some procedure in place for coronavirus cancellations. They did say wait until you are definitely affected before contacting them because they are overloaded with inquiries. I wouldn't give up, hotels.com may change policies. I'd contact the hotel directly as well.

I'm in the same boat if the Trials get impacted.

liex26 check this link:

https://service.hotels.com/en-us/?intlid=HOME+::+header_help_section#/myTrips/25671

I have booked things through Expedia before and yesterday reserved a vehicle. I didn't read the details but they appear to have some procedure in place for coronavirus cancellations. They did say wait until you are definitely affected before contacting them because they are overloaded with inquiries. I wouldn't give up, hotels.com may change policies. I'd contact the hotel directly as well.

I'm in the same boat if the Trials get impacted.
I booked my Trials trip through Expedia. I purchased the .$300 insurance nonsense on it. Never traveled via airplane before, but mother****ers better refund my hotel and flight money or I'll really cry.

Really there is no way to see the future. It's possible that this is being too cautious, but I doubt it. The sheer number of fans that go and then spread it to one another isn't the issue, it's the branches of people affected by those people and so forth.
I'm super bummed that not only am I not going, but likely out at least $500, maybe $1100. I do understand why though, and it's probably the right call.

My niece rows crew for Brown. My sister just called to say the Ivies cancelled all spring sport seasons! They had been practicing 2x a days since September :(:(. My niece is a junior- my heart breaks for her but those seniors just had their last season taken from them.

Technically can’t the entire state of West Virginia go to nationals to watch Noah Adams? Too soon? Someone had to make a West Virginia/family joke. All in good fun though.

My uncle is from West Virginia, so I'll declare myself the unofficial ombudsman here and allow your joke. I thought it was funny.

NBA temporarily suspending their season as player tests positive. I’m gonna say it’s 50/50 they even hold the ncaa tournament

Reactions: Dogwelder
Quickly emerging new developments: NBA season suspended after player tests positive, flights from Europe (except UK) suspended for 30 days ... and in celebrity news (not that I'm so interested) Tom Hanks and his wife test positive. The point: this situation is evolving rapidly. Not especially optimistic NCAAs will happen.

And in other news: 330 college wrestlers are dreaming of eating again ... but earlier than they imagined

Reactions: liex26
I expect the other shoe will drop soon regarding the Olympic Team Trials

Time will tell, but I bet it doesn’t even happen next week. NBA just suspended all basketball games, effective after tonight’s games.
Had a basketball player Rudy Gobert preliminarily tested positive for corona.

Who knows how all of this will change in a week. In the meantime ...

Hopefully this doesn’t affect Princeton as well. It would suck to see kolodzik burn his Olympic shirt only to not be able to wrestle his final tournament. Seemed like all signs pointed to him using the NCAA championship as a potential Olympic Team trials qualifier

edit Nevermind i saw willie tweeted that they were in

Last edited:
Update:
Hotels.com is contacting my hotel on my behalf (according to them) and requesting a refund. The manager of University Inn was not in tonight and they will try tomorrow and get me an answer within 24 hours.

Only posting in case others find anything useful they can use.

Thankfully my Hilton reservation could be cancelled up to 4 days before. We were driving, so I’m only out our tickets so far. We bought ours through Ticketmaster so I assume they will refund us.

I actually feel bad for Iowa fans. They’ve been beaten up for the past decade and now they are big favorites to win and they can’t go see it. That sucks.
True... But I think it's worse for the wrestlers. I feel the most for them.

Reactions: mjmirv
Got my room cancelled with no penalty. Radisson Blu...flights I’ll have to call tomorrow and see what they plan on doing. Guessing credits.

Feel so bad for those that had plans to go and believe it or not I feel for the Hawk fans who are primed to a National title and will not be able to enjoy it live and in person. Small price to pay I suppose given the overall circumstances...but still.
or all pennsylvania natives must return home immediately.

Thanks, already tried. This is the response.
  • This special discounted rate is non-refundable. If you choose to change or cancel this booking you will not be refunded any of the payment.
If you cancel now, you won’t get a refund.

I received the same message, liex. After 3 phone calls and countless emails, it seems I'm out $1200. And just like that, Marriott joins the ever-growing list of corporations that I shall never give another quid to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT