ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Session 1 Thread

Dechow up next for McCutcheon. Likely 0-2 BBQ. Maybe the spyker was on to something.

Alright. Let's see Smack go after it and get some bonus. So far it's been a great first round. Nickal looked flat in the first ten seconds but then turned it up and 174lbs cleared WAY out. Good news for Nickal.

8-1 rnd 1 I think any of us would have taken and with 7 bonus wins.

Cutch loss smarts because he is likely to be 0-2, which sucks.

Burak of Iowa just barely escaped N Col upset in 2nd SV period.

N Col was in on the shot. Had both legs, but just was not able to finish it, as Burak was able to come around on the counter.

Burak squeaks through at 197

Laughable when the announcers were talking about Smack not being very offensive in B1G title match against Burak??? Gee, maybe the low scoring title match @ B1G's is because Burak is one of the least active, most defensive supposedly "great wrestlers" wrestling this weekend as evidenced by his 2OT match against unseeded Noon (where Noon took the shot in 2OT neutral period and Burak got the ever defensive counter - yipppeeee, what awesome "wrestling" by the typical B1G staller Burak....

Reactions: LHavenlion
All in all a great first round for PSU! I think the theme for the first round is upset city. Can't believe how many ranked wrestlers lost in the 1st round today... incredible!

which makes wrestlebacks that much more interesting....check out meyers at 174 gets ramos in wrestlebacks....iowa could be down to 6 scorers tonight. Ok state, mizzou, not looking good overall tonight will be very interesting

off for green beer!

Reactions: bwifan and Hotshoe
Ohio State 16.5 over PSU 16.0 at the end of their Sesson 1 matches.

Snyder gets the Fall to edge ahead by a half.

Mat 8 Cornwell CarWeb gets TD over Stoll.

Match is stopped for injury TO for Iowa Stoll's knee.

Hope he is okay and can continue in good shape.

======

End of 1, 3-1.

Now Cornell up 4-1 in early 2nd period over Iowa's Stoll.

TD again by Cornwell 6-1.

Stoll injury defaults out of the match.

Very tough for Iowa and Stoll. Bad news. Hate to see it.

Iowa loses another out of the Championship bracket.

Neb with upset HWT win, gets them within 2 team points of PSU.

Mat 8 Cornwell CarWeb gets TD over Stoll.

Match is stopped for injury TO for Iowa Stoll's knee.

Hope he is okay and can continue in good shape.

======

End of 1, 3-1.

Now Cornell up 4-1 in early 2nd period over Iowa's Stoll.

TD again by Cornwell 6-1.

Stoll injury defaults out of the match.

Very tough for Iowa and Stoll. Bad news. Hate to see it.

Iowa loses another out of the Championship bracket.

and gets no help like meyers getting black/dejennette loser....

sucks for stoll, kid is a warrior and did all he could to get back on the mat

unlucky day.......at least the HR has all off season to talk about what if....and it could be worse as they could be goofer fans waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 23rd place

Reactions: JohnBasedow
End of Sesson 1

16.5 tOSU
16.0 PSU 8-1 1st round
14.0 Neb
11.0 IA

3-way tie for 5th
10.0 Mich
10.0 Missou
10.0 NC St

It looks like tOSU is the biggest threat right now. I doubt it will last. NaTo will roll, but outside of him and Snyder, they don't have the horses that bonus.

It looks like tOSU is the biggest threat right now. I doubt it will last. NaTo will roll, but outside of him and Snyder, they don't have the horses that bonus.

I really like their 174. But agreed overall.

Morelli proved he belonged knocking off an 11-seed - Jimmy and Geno both came up big in 1st Rd making up for a little disappointment @ 84. Cutch was only a mild disappointment given his struggles with his knee and performance at B1Gs - he basically limped into a 16-Seed at Nationals after being ranked as high as #5 during the season. Jimmy and Geno have set themselves up to really surprise to the upside if they can win again tonight.

The Penn State Wrestling Club has it PSU 16 and OSU 15.5

I do believe Ryan got a team point deducted

Either way a great 1st round for PSU and even better round for tOSU. Tons of bonus by the bucks

Neb with upset HWT win, gets them within 2 team points of PSU.

UNL had an incredible B1G Tournament (easily the biggest surprise to the upside relative to seeds of any team at B1G Tournament) and they are picking up here at Nationals right where they left off at B1Gs....

Reactions: T J
Why did Ryan get a team point deducted? 1 point right now is huge.

The Penn State Wrestling Club has it PSU 16 and OSU 15.5

I do believe Ryan got a team point deducted

Either way a great 1st round for PSU and even better round for tOSU. Tons of bonus by the bucks

8-1 rnd 1 I think any of us would have taken and with 7 bonus wins.

Cutch loss smarts because he is likely to be 0-2, which sucks.
He projected to a best case scenario of 1.5 points. He's been hurt all year long, and he is limited by the fact that everyone he wrestles now has seen him and knows he isn't long enough or tall enough to score unless they give up an ankle pick. He's wrestling as well as he can though, and is a tough guy. Let's not count him out against Dechow just yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT