ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Session 1 Thread

Hate to say it but I think the bucks will be leading after round 2. The evening session looks very good for them and so so for us. 133lb will be huge for both PSU and OSU in the team race.

Why did Ryan get a team point deducted? 1 point right now is huge.
I saw at least a warning... not sure if a point was deducted... during his kids match in the 3rd when they hit him for stalling which tied the match...

Hate to say it but I think the bucks will be leading after round 2. The evening session looks very good for them and so so for us. 133lb will be huge for both PSU and OSU in the team race.

Montoya has handled DiJulius this year, and Martin might win but he's not picking up any more bonus. They have two point scorers left in the tournament.

Ryan has a warning, the next time he loses it, they lose a point. Right now Ohio State leads by .5, but their ceiling is more than 30 points lower than ours. The team to watch out for is Nebraska.

Allow me to add that the ref who called the McCutcheon match, is totally incompetent. He misinterpreted the out of bounds/engagement call. That's NOT why Mouse lost, but that was a badly officiated bout.

Seems to be some confusion... My guess is they will sort it out during this down
Allow me to add that the ref who called the McCutcheon match, is totally incompetent. He misinterpreted the out of bounds/engagement call. That's NOT why Mouse lost, but that was a badly officiated bout.

Yes a number of announcers referenced that and said they were confused by refs calls/non calls in that match....

Tim can you confirm if Coach Ryan had a team point deducted today from OSU's total....
My understanding is that it's just a warning. There was no formal announcement of a point deduction, like there normally is. Then again, there's nothing normal about this tourney

My understanding is that it's just a warning. There was no formal announcement of a point deduction, like there normally is. Then again, there's nothing normal about this tourney

Seems it was a warning.

If it happens again, it's a team point.
That sort of thing.

Good. I hope he does and Bo hammers him again.

No, much rather have Martin get knocked off earlier, but his side of the bracket has really cleared out with Butler and Realbuto losing.

Ohio State had four pins (JDJ, MiJo, BoJo, and Snyder), a TF (NaTo), and a major (MyMar) in the first round. That is a lot of bonus points (10.5). Their wrestlers lost at 157 (Ryan) and 184 (Courts).

Last edited:
No, much rather have Martin get knocked off earlier, but his side of the bracket has really cleared out with Butler and Realbuto losing.

Ohio State had four pins (JDJ, MiJo, BoJo, and Snyder), a TF (NaTo), and a major (MyMar) in the first round. That is a lot of bonus points (10). Their wrestlers lost at 157 (Ryan) and 184 (Courts).

Thus far, Courts has had quite an unceremonious year.

Also, Cutch will be fine. Hasn't been healthy since Illinois, regardless of what Cael says

Ohio State had four pins (JDJ, MiJo, BoJo, and Snyder), a TF (NaTo), and a major (MyMar) in the first round. That is a lot of bonus points (10). Their wrestlers lost at 157 (Ryan) and 184 (Courts).

From here on in, the only bonus they get is at 125 and Hwy.

This could be true, bonus pts will be big as always.

125- Both should win big
133- Conaway will be an underdog to Taylor, JDJ beat Montoya 9-4 this year and will be favorite.
141- Gulibon will be an underdog to Mecate, Jordan just pinned Thorn at B1Gs.
149- Retherford should get bonus pts, big advantage PSU
157-Bonus for Nolf, Ryan is about 50-50 with Smith from CMU
165- Morelli big underdog to Rodrigues, Jordan could bonus
174- Bo beat Barnes 10-3 this year so possible bonus, Martin has a difficult match with Hammond from CSU Bakersfield.
184- Cutch will be an underdog to Dechow, Courts about 50-50 chance with Scheffel of WVU
197- Big advantage PSU
285- Big advantage tOSU

At this point tOSU looks like the only real competition

The sad thing is that now he gets Dechow. Unless a miracle happens, he is two and out. IMHO, the two big matches tonight are Gullibon and Conaway. I would be happy
with a win in one of the two and ecstatic after two wins.

Reactions: Hartzie
Congratulations Geno, for Penn State, he got some points that not many people thought we would get out of 165. Congrats to Jimmy as well, I don't know how much his opponents injury played in to it, but Jimmy carried himself like a new wrestler.

Reactions: Hartzie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT