ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Selection Show Missives, Opinions & Hopefully a Few Facts

Yeah.. I know...no one is seeing it. I honestly get you and probably the right call. I'm predicting 2 champs and 8 AAs for Iowa. To me though, that's not going to spell a runaway for them. Will admit tho, most are thinking 3 or 4 champs.

I'm with you. I see Iowa with 2 champs, 8 AAs and a dogfight in the race for the championship. There are a lot of obstacles some of these studs could fall victim to that could turn this deal upside down. Who thought Lewis would take out Marinelli and Joseph? I predict that scenario will happen twice during this tournament where a 4 seed or worse takes the gold.

Not so fast...I could easily see DeSanto losing to Phillippi in the quarters. Honestly, Marinelli doesn't have the best track record at NCAA's and he has a tough draw. If the Griffith of old shows up, look out.
If DeSanto wrestles like he did at B10s I see him losing in the quarters as well. Whatever was bothering him was huge and deflated his game big time. And like you said, if the Griffith who last year beat Wittlake, Ethan Smith and Josh Shields twice shows up, Alex is going to have his hands full. He's has to be ready. And he's definitely had his problems at NCAAs, but I'm hoping he will shake this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT