ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Selection Show at 6 pm tonight

Piccininni got the 8 seed.

He's boxed in with a killer path ...

Oliver (IND), Josh Rodriguez, Gilman .... good luck with that. Ouch.

I know because he's only pinned two out of the first four guys he's likely to face. And rang up 20 points on the third. And just missed bonus twice against the last one.

You're a friggin' ijjjjutttt....

Looking at his likely path through the quarters, he's pinned those guys 1 out of 5 times. Dick.

Heil has a brutal path. Zacherl/Prince/Eireman/Kolodzik

Holy Hell, does Heil ever.

I can't see him repeating this year - his path is brutal/

Filling in what you started:

Zacherl
Prince
Eiermann / McCrystal
Kolodzik / Ashnault

And that's just to get to 2/3 finals (Jack/McKenna). Ouch !!

OSU

Pletcher gets the 12 seed, and will hit a brick wall in 2nd round (5 seed Ashnault)

Last edited:

No guarantee Collica gets to the finals:

Mendenhall
Theobald / Krivus
7 Thomson / Cimato / 10 Gardner
3 Mayes / 6 Chishko.

That's not easy work for someone who never shoots. Lol

149 quarters:
5 Sorenson vs 4 Micah

Looking at his likely path through the quarters, he's pinned those guys 1 out of 5 times.

Another example of trying to worm your way out of an ill thought initial statement.

He's got the maximum bonus potential he can get for a semifinal - Brooks is prone to go to his back. Give me another guy you are LIKELY to see in a top four seed that gives you a better chance at a pin.

His quarterfinal opponent barely staved off a major twice. Again, give me a top eight guy that gives you a better shot than that. Maybe Dechow? Zavatsky? Bo just failed to major Parker.

Round of 16 guy he put up almost 20 points on the only time he's met him. Pretty good draw there.

Bo didn't pin Sliga when? Two years ago? He pinned him this season.

It's the NCAA tournament. If he gets two pins, a major and a decision on his way to the finals - THAT IS REALLY FRIGGIN' GOOD. David Taylor did that a time or two. Very doable with this draw. Could be slightly less and it could be even more.

Again - your comment was not well thought out. But you'll try to pedal your way out of it.

I don't know 21. He needs to finish that first shot on Gasca... thought he should have last weekend....

What if he simply makes that shot in the third, tied at 1?

He finishes those shots in the third, it's in the first where he has the problems.

Another example of trying to worm your way out of an ill thought initial statement.

He's got the maximum bonus potential he can get for a semifinal - Brooks is prone to go to his back. Give me another guy you are LIKELY to see in a top four seed that gives you a better chance at a pin.

His quarterfinal opponent barely staved off a major twice. Again, give me a top eight guy that gives you a better shot than that. Maybe Dechow? Zavatsky? Bo just failed to major Parker.

Round of 16 guy he put up almost 20 points on the only time he's met him. Pretty good draw there.

Bo didn't pin Sliga when? Two years ago? He pinned him this season.

It's the NCAA tournament. If he gets two pins, a major and a decision on his way to the finals - THAT IS REALLY FRIGGIN' GOOD. Very doable with this draw. Could be slightly less and it could be even more.

Again - your comment was not well thought out. But you'll try to pedal your way out of it.

Bo didn't pin Sliga this year in the dual. He also got the fall very late in the first matchup. Not sure what I did to hurt your feelings, but you can get over it.

Nato must get by Clark in the SEMI'S in order to win. Wow.

Remember, he was very, very lucky to beat Clark in Bloomington.

Bo didn't pin Sliga this year in the dual. He also got the fall very late in the first matchup. Not sure what I did to hurt your feelings, but you can get over it.

That's right - he only majored him. One pin, one major (which included near fall).

Who don't you think Bo is going to major on his way to the finals?

Oklahoma State is getting STUCK behind some roadblocks

125 - Piccininni gets 8, has Gilman lurking

133 - Brock 3, has a nice path

141 - Heil 1 has a brutal path

149 - Collica 2 has a tough path

157 - JoJo 5, has Parsons/Langenderfer, 4 Berger & 1 Nolf ..... nice try

165 - Rogers 9 has ... Cottrell 8, IMar 1 .... thanks for playing.

174 - 7 Crutchmer has:
Matt Reed, 10 Brunson, 2 Realbuto. Ouch.

184 - 4 Boyd has a clear path until quarters vs 5 Zavatsky, then 1 Dean.

197 - 6 Weigel has a manageable bracket with nothing threatening until 3 Moore & 2 Pfarr.

285 - 6 Schafer has 11 Jared Johnson; 3 Ty Walz:

Lots & lots of Pokes are gonna hit walls in quarters and semis.

Cowboys are stuck behind Gilman, Nolf IMar & Dean.

If they want to win NCAAs, they'll need to do it in wrestlebacks.

Didn't they make a huge run in wrestlebacks last year? Without much top tier guys, that is going to be the key to their success. A lot of 3-6th places with bonus on the backside.

That's right - he only majored him. One pin, one major (which included near fall).

Who don't you think Bo is going to major on his way to the finals?
Because Im talking about Bo Freaking Nickal, I'm talking about pins when I say I don't like his bonus potential. Of course he's going to at least major Sliga and Schneider. Dudley is not likely and who knows what to expect out of the semi should he reach it.

Gulibon is unseeded and faces Gasca in r1, and the winner will face #4 Koldzik (Princeton).
Jimmy is going to beat him this time...He had a terrible weekend...The coaches will have him ready and Jimmy is super excited to prove himself...THIS IS HIS LAST SHOT....Will be up on that podium....He can beat anyone at any time....Working on things....

Reactions: PAWRESTLINGFAN1
Myles Martin is going to have Sammie Brooks nightmares for the next week and a half. I was hoping it would be 3 and 6 seeds for those two, think it's beneficial to Bo.

Reactions: diggerpup
Didn't they make a huge run in wrestlebacks last year? Without much top tier guys, that is going to be the key to their success. A lot of 3-6th places with bonus on the backside.
Yes they did close up nicely through wrestlebacks. Then a couple of our closers ended it...

Nato must get by Clark in the SEMI'S in order to win. Wow.

Remember, he was very, very lucky to beat Clark in Bloomington.

It sounds like you might be getting your senses back. We all remember Clark vs Nato in Bloomington. Only one person was on here declaring Nato a lock for the finals. His name rhymes with " 31 Puns".

Reactions: Afw6006
Jimmy gets nemesis Gasca but Cenzo also gets Subjeck first round, who beat him 18-12 in Cenzo's second career match. Cenzo paid for two upper body mistakes almost immediately and did a nice job coming back.

I know it will not happen, but, if everyone wrestled to their seeds what are the team scores w/o bonus for the main contenders? Not entirely sure I understand the scoring enough to tackle it.

Myles Martin is going to have Sammie Brooks nightmares for the next week and a half. I was hoping it would be 3 and 6 seeds for those two, think it's beneficial to Bo.
Which is worse, a Myles Martin nightmare of Brooks or a Sammie Brooks nightmare of Bo?

I know it will not happen, but, if everyone wrestled to their seeds what are the team scores w/o bonus for the main contenders? Not entirely sure I understand the scoring enough to tackle it.
Here is what I figure for placement points only. I didn't factor in advancement points or guess at bonus.

PSU 85
OK ST 73
OH ST 67
IA 54

This assumes Suriano wrestles, finishes 3rd and scores ten placement points.

Reactions: diggerpup
This may sound weird but I wished I could go without seeing his name or having discussions about him. It just seems every time there is, you hear all week how much better Bo is and how Bo is going to destroy him and then that sob comes out of nowhere and makes me cry. I'm a grown man for christs sake.... I shouldn't be crying....

1). Jimmy not only gets Gasca. His second match reward is either Kolodzik.....or Diehl....no matter what happens in his first match.

2). Cenzo gets Subjeck in the first round. Who says this is a random draw. Yeah...sure.

3). Nevills has a very busy roadway. He will earn it for sure.

This may sound weird but I wished I could go without seeing his name or having discussions about him. It just seems every time there is, you hear all week how much better Bo is and how Bo is going to destroy him and then that sob comes out of nowhere and makes me cry. I'm a grown man for christs sake.... I shouldn't be crying....

He has to go through Sammy. Sammy isn't scared of him. Not saying Bo is, but Martin fears Brooks, not the other way around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT