ADVERTISEMENT

NBA season underway, and terrible injury for Celts' star

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC
Gordon Hayward goes down in 1st quarter with a fractured ankle, nasty looking
Just signed big 4-year contract; may take a while to come back from this

That was just awful. I'm not a C's fan, but you have to feel for him and the whole team

The immediate expressions on the faces of both teams is an image I'll remember as much as the break itself. Terrible. Even as a Sixers diehard fan I wanted to see this Celtics team healthy for the whole year to see if they could live up to the hype.

I think Reggie Miller said later in the broadcast that they were able to reset it before they got him off of the floor. I wonder what impact, if any, that has on the healing time table?

The immediate expressions on the faces of both teams is an image I'll remember as much as the break itself. Terrible. Even as a Sixers diehard fan I wanted to see this Celtics team healthy for the whole year to see if they could live up to the hype.

I think Reggie Miller said later in the broadcast that they were able to reset it before they got him off of the floor. I wonder what impact, if any, that has on the healing time table?

Ugh. I remember a broken bone in my hand being set without pain killers. I almost fainted. Awful pain. I can’t even imagine his ankle being set and the pain he endured.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT