ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi's recruiting pitch

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
N: You say you want to play in front of a big crowd. Little do you know. Come to Pitt and play at Heinz Field. You'll be able to hear your mom and dad's voices cheering you on. Actually hear their voices. You probably haven't had that since you were a little kid. Where else can you say that other than at Pitt? How cool is that?

And let me tell you, we're going to have some sweet tarps. A tarp never booed anyone, no sir.

You want to play in a bowl game? Bowl game, shmoal game. This is better. Come to Pitt and you'll be home for the holidays. Hit it Perry.

Come play in front of 45K mustard clad "fans." Why play in front of only one special crowd a year? Every game at Heinz is a "piss-out" game! And those fans show up early, and stay until the end, no bribes necessary. They don't even get up to go to the restroom or buy a hotdog. Our games keep them riveted to their seats. Literally.

Reactions: Mixolydian
I'll be honest, these digs at Pitt that obviously Pittsburgh based PSU fans feel they need to do are below us. Newsflash, we aren't battling Pitt for recruits. We are up against Ohio St, Michigan, and the SEC schools/Clemson. The perverse fascination with Pitt by 10% of our fanbase detracts from our real recruiting efforts.

Since none of us are doing any actual recruiting, I don't think taking the time to (rightfully) ridicule Pitt detracts from "our real recruiting efforts".
OK, I guess we disagree then. Knowing that recruits and their parents do visit these boards, I would assume that we wouldn't want to have a small minority of our fans make us out to be petty and small by engaging in constant big fish in small pond attacks on low level schools. It would turn me off to see a handful of Pitt threads if I wanted to play big time college football.

OK, I guess we disagree then. Knowing that recruits and their parents do visit these boards, I would assume that we wouldn't want to have a small minority of our fans make us out to be petty and small by engaging in constant big fish in small pond attacks on low level schools. It would turn me off to see a handful of Pitt threads if I wanted to play big time college football.

Mocking sPitt has zero impact on recruiting. Z. E. R. O. And besides that it’s a fun thing to do between games. :)

Reactions: mn78psu83
I'll be honest, these digs at Pitt that obviously Pittsburgh based PSU fans feel they need to do are below us. Newsflash, we aren't battling Pitt for recruits. We are up against Ohio St, Michigan, and the SEC schools/Clemson. The perverse fascination with Pitt by 10% of our fanbase detracts from our real recruiting efforts.
At the Pitt game in Beaver Stadium they played a soundbite after big plays of Franklin's voice saying "Dominate the State". Haven't heard them play that for any other game and yes it was a dig at Pitt. So it's fun for everyone. Relax.

N: You say you want to play in front of a big crowd. Little do you know. Come to Pitt and play at Heinz Field. You'll be able to hear your mom and dad's voices cheering you on. Actually hear their voices. You probably haven't had that since you were a little kid. Where else can you say that other than at Pitt? How cool is that?

And let me tell you, we're going to have some sweet tarps. A tarp never booed anyone, no sir.

You want to play in a bowl game? Bowl game, shmoal game. This is better. Come to Pitt and you'll be home for the holidays. Hit it Perry.

Given the results, Nardoozi's pitch must be a brush back pitch.

Of all of the things written on this board, you highlight this as detrimental to recruiting? In my best Pittsburghese, your radar needs adjusted.

http://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2017/11/19/narduzzi-lyke-seeing-eye-eye/

Multiple sources have told Pittsburgh Sports Now that over the last couple of weeks, the relationship between Narduzzi and AD Lyke has become strained.

The biggest issue right now is the subject of tarping the upper deck of Heinz Field. For a number of reasons, the subject matter has upset Narduzzi.

Lyke publicly raised the possibility last week without consulting or getting Narduzzi’s input, which didn’t go over well. Considering that he’s the highest-profile coach and person it will impact, a conversation was probably warranted.

Secondly, the idea was brought up publically without much if any discussion within the athletic department. How much would this cost? How much of Heinz Field would be tarped off? How would this financially effect the Pitt season ticket holders?

Finally, Narduzzi, who is not in favor of tarping off seats, believes it would negatively impact his recruiting and let Lyke and others know that other coaches have already started using it against Pitt.

Reactions: mn78psu83
http://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2017/11/19/narduzzi-lyke-seeing-eye-eye/

Multiple sources have told Pittsburgh Sports Now that over the last couple of weeks, the relationship between Narduzzi and AD Lyke has become strained.

The biggest issue right now is the subject of tarping the upper deck of Heinz Field. For a number of reasons, the subject matter has upset Narduzzi.

Lyke publicly raised the possibility last week without consulting or getting Narduzzi’s input, which didn’t go over well. Considering that he’s the highest-profile coach and person it will impact, a conversation was probably warranted.

Secondly, the idea was brought up publically without much if any discussion within the athletic department. How much would this cost? How much of Heinz Field would be tarped off? How would this financially effect the Pitt season ticket holders?

Finally, Narduzzi, who is not in favor of tarping off seats, believes it would negatively impact his recruiting and let Lyke and others know that other coaches have already started using it against Pitt.
Will the tarp be yellow?

Humorous assessment in the Pitt lair.,

"If Whitehead and O'Neill leave we are doomed to a very bad start. I've never seen worse morale around this program and thats saying a lot. PSU has a chance to put a nail in our coffin next year. If tens of thousands of PSU perverts are turning Heinz into an all-day party at our expense, you'll see crowds in the 20's by the end of the year if this staff doesn't figure it out."

9 Yesterday at 8:44 AM

"If Whitehead and O'Neill leave we are doomed to a very bad start. I've never seen worse morale around this program and thats saying a lot. PSU has a chance to put a nail in our coffin next year. If tens of thousands of PSU perverts are turning Heinz into an all-day party at our expense, you'll see crowds in the 20's by the end of the year if this staff doesn't figure it out."

20s is better than they are going to see on Friday. They may want to tarp the lower bowl also.

Reactions: john4psu
There's no discernable impact on this year's class, from the looks of it. Are you saying that if we laid off the Pitt stuff, we'd have the #1 or #2 class?
You can read and see that I did not say that. I'm not going to argue if you are steadfast on lacking class. I don't like Pitt but it doesn't make PSU look good when some people are dancing on their graves. I guess I was just brought up differently than some of you and agree with Franklin on respecting opponents.

This kind of crap is why I could care less if we mock Pitt at every opportunity - good banter and back and forth ribbing are fine with me but these a-holes never stop with the pedo stuff so f-them and their garbage program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT