ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi is the real deal, I don't see PSU winning 1 game against us in the 4 game series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing like six pages of butt hurt PSU fans responding to a Pitt poster that they don't care about Pitt. Yeah you don't care 6 pages worth. Lol

The NCAA doesn't award championships for football. Pitt has never won an NCAA championship in any sport.
C'mon, panda. Isn't that just a little officious? Applying that rationale, PSU has never won a national championship in football, either. Do you think the folks on this Board would agree with that?

Nothing like six pages of butt hurt PSU fans responding to a Pitt poster that they don't care about Pitt. Yeah you don't care 6 pages worth. Lol

I'm patiently waiting for the Penn State prediction thread that will get more predictions than the Pitt thread on your board. Can you let me know when it's posted? I can't speak for everyone else, but I love getting a good laugh out of Pitt.

As I stated, 2017 is a very difficult schedule as it looks now. One never knows what 2107 may bring, but it is not full of cupcakes. Thus those seeing the significant improvement should tone down the blinders. Pitt is not the program that PSU needs to beat. Or at the very least not the program that elevates the program above or equal to like and kind programs. But Franklin has 4 maybe 5 years to get things moving. Narduzzi comment is coaches are coaching for their lives every day. But Pitt winning in 2016 is no surprise here. But losing at home to Pitt in 2017 is not something the masses will swallow easily.

So you're saying that michigan's half a national championship and one undefeated season in over 50 years places them on a level beyond PSU's? You're funny, but jealousy is tough to deal with brother.

Michigan and Ohio St are blue blood and PSU isn't. Get on main board and put the question up........is Penn St a blue blood program? I got a feeling I know what the results would be nationally. So why put me down for stating the obvious?

We've also won 4 of the past 6 against Michigan. What century will Pitt win 4 of 6 vs. FSU or Clemson?

Stay on task son. This wasn't about Pitt. PSU will never be OSU or Michigan And read above. Don't beat me up son just get on the main board and ask the country.

Penn State has every bit of the resources available to them that Michigan and Ohio State have. Are they on the same plain right now? No, but neither was Michigan recently. Penn State spent the last 15 years letting a coach go out on his own terms, even though he was past his prime and playing thru sanctions. Let's revisit this in 10 years.

Fair enough and makes sense. However I think Franklin gets it done and gets it done big. Within 3 years and next year is huge for him!

I never said Pitt academics were substandard, just that they are not as good as PSU. That's not debatable.
PSU#47, Pitt #66 nationally according to US News. You say it's not debatable(and my Pitt degree tells me that 47 is greater than 66), but we'd be splitting hairs. In any event, congrats to you.

Just to show you the Mensa candidates from Pitt that we deal with on this board...

From @chethejet who posted in this thread...in a thread on the Scout Pitt board where they are trying to figure out who is their new 2 star verbal, he writes:

"Just my two cents that Gilbert or Jones or Hudson would not be a reason to not announce now. The name that most bring up is Sanders . I am not in that camp. But if I go out on a limb just to be different, it would be the DB [Lavert] Hill from Michigan. He pretty much de-committed from the nits awhile ago. He has had every opportunity to flip to Michigan and to date hasn't. So my Sherlock Holmes process leads me to that is the guy."

So a recruit who has never visited Pitt, has never indicated any interest whatsoever in their program, yeah, HE"S the most likely candidate to be their new verbal. These are the people we are arguing with.

Son sneaking around on Pitt boards with an unspoken and silent obsession regarding Pitt/PSU is no way to live! Just come out and engage like an adult. Nothing wrong with having interest in both programs. Ya love one and care about the other(like or dislike). Quit being so weird and irrelevantly arrogant son.

I never said that. I just pointed out that what HailPitt stated was blatantly wrong. Pitt's defense is ranked worse than last years defense statistically and that is with playing 2 games (VT and Akron) in driving rainstorms where neither offense moved the ball and against 2 backup quarterbacks.

Anyone that has seen both years easily sees the difference. Just sayin Mike. Different or same stats mean different things from year to year. Sometime the same stat does not mean anything year to year. One difference I see is in some games they actually can get some stops when the game is on the line. They've played a lot of close games. Another difference is they get way more pressure on QB. So nitpicking through stats is kinda worthless IMO. I'm thinking if you asked opposing coaches they would differ with you. NDs Kelly said Pitt was very physical. I actually think he said the most physical team they played. Could be mistaken on most but I think he did say that. BTW luck is part of all seasons. Bad luck as well. PSU with any f'n luck would have two more wins. Good conversation bro. Thanks

I really mean no disrespect but it seems like the Lions have regressed big time. Sanctions or not Hack is not clutch at all and imo very overrated. Your running back is solid but not much else.

Plus we are getting the 412 crew to Pitt and many more top recruits will want to play for a players coach like Narduzzi. Franklin is nothing special and some of his coaching decisions leave me scratching my head.

It definitely will be cool to finally renew the rivalry but I just see a few years of mediocrity for Penn State before things maybe turn around.

Does Pitt have a team?

Michigan and Ohio St are blue blood and PSU isn't. Get on main board and put the question up........is Penn St a blue blood program? I got a feeling I know what the results would be nationally. So why put me down for stating the obvious?

I don't even know what a "blue blood" is. I think it's kind of a dumb name that means nothing. Things change in college football fairly quickly. Who would have thought 8 years ago that USC and Texas would be struggling to crack the top 25 TCU and Baylor would be regulars?

Lets be honest. Pitt sucks. Their handful of fans don't even root for pitt. The only time they are interested is when the team plays PSU.

Lets be honest. Pitt sucks. Their handful of fans don't even root for pitt. The only time they are interested is when the team plays PSU.
Lets be brutally honest. Pitt has plenty of fans. The only reason you are commenting here is because it makes you feel better to belittle Pitt when you know your team sucks, your coach sucks, and the only thing your school is known for these days is covering up child rape. How's that for honest?

I don't even know what a "blue blood" is. I think it's kind of a dumb name that means nothing. Things change in college football fairly quickly. Who would have thought 8 years ago that USC and Texas would be struggling to crack the top 25 TCU and Baylor would be regulars?
If Michigan is a blue blood, then Brady Hoke is King Ralph

You are probably right, as the rumor is both Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh are looking for jobs on the west coast so that they won't have to compete with Narduzzi on the recruiting trail and they are looking for a team that will not schedule Pitt in the future as long as Narduzzi is there. In addition, Jimbo Fisher is rumored to be interested in the LSU job because he does not feel that he can compete with Narduzzi in the ACC. Notre Dame is also trying to get out of any future games with Pitt as long as Narduzzi is there!

I am not here defending Pantherlair. As I said, the type of element that we are talking about exists within both fan bases. They actually exist in every fan base not just Pitt and PSU. To not understand that is simply being ignorant. I was simply asking about the hatred exhibited in this thread.
Who the F are you, the central board police?? Every other post I am reading on here it's you putting down the lair. Here's an idea, find a mute button idiot.

It's a non stop circle jerk of rotten things on a daily basis on Pantherlair, but if you go and try to defend them you are banned. You don't even have to defend them in a manner which you break rules, just defend them. It's just a pathetic bunch of cowards on that board.

Hey I started a thread last Friday that Dick Groat should retire, had 24 solid responses and that got deleted 5 days later. Believe me, don't take it personally, too much gets deleted over there for little or no reason - not because you are a Penn State fan.

so...sincere question....whats up with your boy, Peak? why ban...literally everybody? that's no fun.
Not Peak most of the time. He is pretty fair and reasonable. There are other "hidden" mods that are on the lair much more than Chris and they have quick trigger fingers. Believe me it gets annoying.

Reactions: PSUPALY
Hey I started a thread last Friday that Dick Groat should retire, had 24 solid responses and that got deleted 5 days later. Believe me, don't take it personally, too much gets deleted over there for little or no reason - not because you are a Penn State fan.
Seems like you are the one with the issues on the Lair. Personally, I have no issue with the Lair. 90% of the members are normal (at least on the pay board). My issue is with a handful of people on the the free board there and the free board here that make both fan bases look like idiots. Your original post here is exhibit A. You don't like my response? Don't make the rest of us look bad.

Seems like you are the one with the issues on the Lair. Personally, I have no issue with the Lair. 90% of the members are normal (at least on the pay board). My issue is with a handful of people on the the free board there and the free board here that make both fan bases look like idiots. Your original post here is exhibit A. You don't like my response? Don't make the rest of us look bad.

Oh relax Francis. Believe me, no one on this board is even thinking about you for 1/10 of a second or how "bad" you look.

Then you oughta say something, PP. No one should want an echo chamber.
Been there done that. Peak never told me who the other mods are and it honestly is like beating a dead horse. The worst is when Pitt loses a game. Half the posts are deleted within seconds. Irritating to say the least.

Not worried about me. It's an anonymous message board. But when you come here with that Original post, you are representing an entire fan base. It's sound dumb, but that's how these people think....meaning what you say and how you say it is reflective of all Pitt fans.

Been there done that. Peak never told me who the other mods are and it honestly is like beating a dead horse. The worst is when Pitt loses a game. Half the posts are deleted within seconds. Irritating to say the least.
In other words, very similar to this place?

Maybe things have changed here. I won't argue the point. I will concede it. But the cult reputation that you guys have was supported and nurtured on this board. Alternative viewpoints were not welcome, regardless of how benign they were. I was banned during the peak of all the realignment talk--way before all the Sandusky stuff. I was here because there were plenty of rumors floating around at that time. I honestly felt like i was banned because I was a Lair member--essentially getting banned for simply being here. I obviously said something-can't remember what it was-but it was one step away from saying nothing at all.

I think the speed with which Woodpecker's post was deleted, and him banned, speaks for itself.

That being said, going onto another school's Board is entirely different from going on your own Board, particularly if what you are posting is even mildly critical. That's just how it is, and it works both ways..

Honestly I don't really know what blue blood programs mean either. I just always looked at it like it was those true national brands that all four corners of the country knows and respect. When main board thread started to name the program deemed above all others OSU and Michigan represented the big10. Nothing earth shattering just don't see PSU on that level and no one else, other than PSU posters, looked at PSU on that level. Of course the thread was rough on PSU but in my mind if ya chop programs up into 15s I view PSU in that second 15 group. Of course some on here view PSU as a top 5 or top 10 program. Reality is no one views PSU like that.

PSU#47, Pitt #66 nationally according to US News. You say it's not debatable(and my Pitt degree tells me that 47 is greater than 66), but we'd be splitting hairs. In any event, congrats to you.

So in other words, "Everything I said was correct". How is that splitting hairs?

C'mon, panda. Isn't that just a little officious? Applying that rationale, PSU has never won a national championship in football, either. Do you think the folks on this Board would agree with that?

Not at all, words have meaning and I type my words very carefully.

But you still don't seem to understand, your argument is flawed, allow me to fix it. Applying that logic is saying that PSU has never won an NCAA national championship in football. I would expect nearly everyone on this board to agree since it is a true statement.

Maybe things have changed here. I won't argue the point. I will concede it. But the cult reputation that you guys have was supported and nurtured on this board. Alternative viewpoints were not welcome, regardless of how benign they were. I was banned during the peak of all the realignment talk--way before all the Sandusky stuff. I was here because there were plenty of rumors floating around at that time. I honestly felt like i was banned because I was a Lair member--essentially getting banned for simply being here. I obviously said something-can't remember what it was-but it was one step away from saying nothing at all.

The only place we have a "cult reputation" is in the mind of the 17 lunatics on the lair, who ironically actually act like a cult. It's called "projecting".

Honestly I don't really know what blue blood programs mean either. I just always looked at it like it was those true national brands that all four corners of the country knows and respect. When main board thread started to name the program deemed above all others OSU and Michigan represented the big10. Nothing earth shattering just don't see PSU on that level and no one else, other than PSU posters, looked at PSU on that level. Of course the thread was rough on PSU but in my mind if ya chop programs up into 15s I view PSU in that second 15 group. Of course some on here view PSU as a top 5 or top 10 program. Reality is no one views PSU like that.

I guess you didn't read the link I posted earlier?

You really need to stop viewing the world with your Pitt bias. I travel for work often, and PSU is known and respected far and wide. You wouldn't believe the support we receive for the school and Joe Pa from every corner of the country. I've heard so many times in so many places... "PSU is my second favorite team". It's very common for Pitt fans to try to bring PSU down to Pitt's level, but it's all wishful thinking, and it's sad.

The only place we have a "cult reputation" is in the mind of the 17 lunatics on the lair, who ironically actually act like a cult. It's called "projecting".
You don't travel much I take it? That's ok. I am not here to argue.

You really need to stop viewing the world with your Pitt bias. I travel for work often, and PSU is known and respected far and wide. You wouldn't believe the support we receive for the school and Joe Pa from every corner of the country. I've heard so many times in so many places... "PSU is my second favorite team". It's very common for Pitt fans to try to bring PSU down to Pitt's level, but it's all wishful thinking, and it's sad.[/QU

I have clients in many states so I travel legitimately. I really don't believe you travel. Anyway, you are patheticly fooling yourself. I sense you're young so if you ever really travel around the country you'll realize that I'm right. I actually feel sorry for your friends and family. You come off as very nasty and immature. Hopefully you're alone tomorrow so you don't ruin anyone's holiday.

You really need to stop viewing the world with your Pitt bias. I travel for work often, and PSU is known and respected far and wide. You wouldn't believe the support we receive for the school and Joe Pa from every corner of the country. I've heard so many times in so many places... "PSU is my second favorite team". It's very common for Pitt fans to try to bring PSU down to Pitt's level, but it's all wishful thinking, and it's sad.

Have a good holiday pal

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT