ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi is the real deal, I don't see PSU winning 1 game against us in the 4 game series

Status
Not open for further replies.

PittPoker

Feb 4, 2008
I really mean no disrespect but it seems like the Lions have regressed big time. Sanctions or not Hack is not clutch at all and imo very overrated. Your running back is solid but not much else.

Plus we are getting the 412 crew to Pitt and many more top recruits will want to play for a players coach like Narduzzi. Franklin is nothing special and some of his coaching decisions leave me scratching my head.

It definitely will be cool to finally renew the rivalry but I just see a few years of mediocrity for Penn State before things maybe turn around.

Reactions: 5pyker and Hawks!!!
I really mean no disrespect but it seems like the Lions have regressed big time. Sanctions or not Hack is not clutch at all and imo very overrated. Your running back is solid but not much else.

Plus we are getting the 412 crew to Pitt and many more top recruits will want to play for a players coach like Narduzzi. Franklin is nothing special and some of his coaching decisions leave me scratching my head.

It definitely will be cool to finally renew the rivalry but I just see a few years of mediocrity for Penn State before things maybe turn around.
I agree. Narduzzi is formidable. Pitt is unbeatable. A force of nature.

1414152317830-troll_alert.gif

If you mean no disrespect, then why the freak would you come to a Penn State board to post this... No PSU fan under 50 years old or who didn't live in Pittsburgh at some point in their life believes that Pitt is a rival, nor do they want a rivalry with Pitt. I'd lead a very happy life if Penn State never played Pitt again. Of course, when we do play each other, I want us to win, but I also feel the same way about the university of Buffalo and Temple. Temple beat us this year, and it wasn't a fluke. Pitt could beat us, or maybe not, ether way, I won't consider Pitt a rival.

Pitter, just go home. Find a hobby or girl friend....or whatever. Just go. Shoo...go on and git. Godabed.

If you mean no disrespect, then why the freak would you come to a Penn State board to post this... No PSU fan under 50 years old or who didn't live in Pittsburgh at some point in their life believes that Pitt is a rival, nor do they want a rivalry with Pitt. I'd lead a very happy life if Penn State never played Pitt again. Of course, when we do play each other, I want us to win, but I also feel the same way about the university of Buffalo and Temple. Temple beat us this year, and it wasn't a fluke. Pitt could beat us, or maybe not, ether way, I won't consider Pitt a rival.
Why not? Pitt Penn State playing every year is good for college football. Only reason Paterno nixed it was because he was holding this crazy grudge against us for not joining his conference decades ago. I consider it a rivalry and one that Pitt should have a lot of success in.

Reactions: rojo36
Please, you get to play Rutgers.

and your point is?.....

Would you rather have to go through a divisional schedule featuring Ohio State (10-1) , Michigan State(10-1) and Michigan (9-2) with best crossover vs. NW (9-2) or divisional matchup with UNC (10-1), Miami (7-4), Duke (6-5) with best crossover vs. Louisville (6-5).

Pitt is a good team but their division is worse than the MAC.

Last edited:
Why not? Pitt Penn State playing every year is good for college football. Only reason Paterno nixed it was because he was holding this crazy grudge against us for not joining his conference decades ago. I consider it a rivalry and one that Pitt should have a lot of success in.
You know what bothers me? You come here to flame and that's fine. That's what Pitt trolls do, but if a Penn State fan posted anything like what you did, they would be banned on your board. You can run your mouth all you want. You've been so mediocre, for so long, I guess 8 wins is something to brag about. Let's see how the series actually plays out.

I think I recently read somewhere that PSU's athletic dept has petitioned to cancel the PITT series due to the obnoxious difference in talent and coaching. The NCAA is expected to make a decision in the coming weeks. I just pray that they take PITT off our schedule - there's no way we can continue a football program after facing the unrelenting goliath of athletic and strategic supremacy. #PrayForPSU

Reactions: psu00
Hey spitter,

Keep your dogcrap 412 crew, if you haven't noticed we will take who we want.

You know what bothers me? You come here to flame and that's fine. That's what Pitt trolls do, but if a Penn State fan posted anything like what you did, they would be banned on your board. You can run your mouth all you want. You've been so mediocre, for so long, I guess 8 wins is something to brag about. Let's see how the series actually plays out.

First off that is not true at all. A few PSU fans have posted on our board and although they usually are argued with, they are not banned.

Secondly, this is a message board where people have opinions. The rivalry will be starting again next year and as a Pitt fan I am excited with what Narduzzi brings to our program. Plus I have watched a fair amount of Penn State games and there are major major problems. You can call it trolling but it isn't.

Pitt and Penn State were rivals when college football was smaller and teams were battling for the best recruits in their state and played teams from a relatively tight geographical area. Penn State is looking to expand their recruiting based beyond the midatlantic/northeast/mid west, to include the south and south east. I don't follow Pitt, so I have no idea about where their players come from. Penn State plays plenty of other teams in the midatlantic/northeast/midwest within the Big Ten, and we really don't need Pitt. Pitt has the ACC now, so why don't you focus on teams from your conference? I don't mind playing every now and then, but it's not going to be a big game for me like the tOSU, Michigan, and even the MSU games are.

First, most people involved with college football don't care if Penn State plays Pitt or not. Most of the people whining about it are Pitters. Second, if you know any history you'd know Joe didn't nix anything. You apparently aren't aware there was a four game series from 1997 to 2000. Our coach was a guy named Paterno who, according to you, never wanted to play Pitt.

First off that is not true at all. A few PSU fans have posted on our board and although they usually are argued with, they are not banned.

Secondly, this is a message board where people have opinions. The rivalry will be starting again next year and as a Pitt fan I am excited with what Narduzzi brings to our program. Plus I have watched a fair amount of Penn State games and there are major major problems. You can call it trolling but it isn't.
You, like most Pitt fans, are delusional. You are absolutely wrong on your 1st point and, as to your 2nd, if you aren't trolling, why are you here? You won today. Congrats. We lost. So, you show up running your mouth about dominating the series. You are here only to flame and that is the very definition of a troll. Why not come back next year around game time and engage in a meaningful analysis of the teams? That's my last response to you. I try to avoid answering trolls and I should have done so here.

Yeah they did play us for 4 years in the late 90's but Paterno wanted us to agree for a 2 for 1 to keep playing, knowing full well that Pitt would never agree to that, hence to stop the rivalry.

All because Paterno was still bitter about us not joining his all sports conference. Ridiculous.

Narduzzi won't even be at Pitt next year...so much for the dominance.

Yeah they did play us for 4 years in the late 90's but Paterno wanted us to agree for a 2 for 1 to keep playing, knowing full well that Pitt would never agree to that, hence to stop the rivalry.

All because Paterno was still bitter about us not joining his all sports conference. Ridiculous.
You guys are funny. Yeah, everything is Paterno's fault. Global warming?? Paterno's fault. Cold winter weather?? Yep, that's all on Joe.

But you still haven't explained how the four game series happened if Joe was so adamant about never playing Pitt.

Narduzzi won't even be at Pitt next year...so much for the dominance.

Um and why is that?

Oh and in my opinion, if you guys had Narduzzi as your coach you would have won today, beat Temple and the future would be brighter. Am I wrong?

I think I recently read somewhere that PSU's athletic dept has petitioned to cancel the PITT series due to the obnoxious difference in talent and coaching. The NCAA is expected to make a decision in the coming weeks. I just pray that they take PITT off our schedule - there's no way we can continue a football program after facing the unrelenting goliath of athletic and strategic supremacy. #PrayForPSU

I guess this is tongue in cheek, because we don't have

So, how many games has Pitt played in Pittsburgh historically as opposed to in State College? When we play Buffalo, we write them a check and they play in State College. When we play Temple, we agree to play 1 out of every 4 (or so) in Philly. I've proposed that if the Pitt faithful want to play Penn State so badly, then the games should alternate between State College and Pittsburgh, but the Pittsburgh game should be neutral site or alternate between a PSU and Pitt home game.... at least until the slate is evened up.

Reactions: fairgambit
Um and why is that?

Oh and in my opinion, if you guys had Narduzzi as your coach you would have won today, beat Temple and the future would be brighter. Am I wrong?

Not really... Shoop is every bit as good of a defensive coordinator and CJF and his staff are so much better recruiters than Narduzi and his staff (not that I could name another Pitt coach).

I guess this is tongue in cheek, because we don't have

So, how many games has Pitt played in Pittsburgh historically as opposed to in State College? When we play Buffalo, we write them a check and they play in State College. When we play Temple, we agree to play 1 out of every 4 (or so) in Philly. I've proposed that if the Pitt faithful want to play Penn State so badly, then the games should alternate between State College and Pittsburgh, but the Pittsburgh game should be neutral site or alternate between a PSU and Pitt home game.... at least until the slate is evened up.
Huh?? You confused me. Yes the games should alternate between State College and Pittsburgh. And??

Um and why is that?

Because there are already 12 openings and more to come and he will leave for greener pastures.

And yes, you are wrong. We would not have beat Temple or won today with Narduzzi. We don't have the OLine to win regardless of the coach. You guys have one guy, take him off and you're even more mediocre than you already are. And if you guys played OSU and Michigan, Narduzzi would have lost to them both.

Huh?? You confused me. Yes the games should alternate between State College and Pittsburgh. And??

But the games in Pittsburgh, at Heinz field which is not an on campus venue, should alternate between PSU and Pitt home games or be considered neutral where 50% of the tickets went to PSU and 50% went to Pitt.

You mean it's ridiculous that Pitt felt their inclusion in big east basketball was more important than their regional rivalry with Penn State? I love the double standard that you whiny Pitt fans use in blaming Paterno for the end of the rivalry, all the while forgetting how petty their own school was to protect its own selfish interests way back when.

But the games in Pittsburgh, at Heinz field which is not an on campus venue, should alternate between PSU and Pitt home games or be considered neutral where 50% of the tickets went to PSU and 50% went to Pitt.
Now who is trolling??

Heinz Field is the designated home field for Pitt and that's where they play. Your requests are utter nonsense.

You mean it's ridiculous that Pitt felt their inclusion in big east basketball was more important than their regional rivalry with Penn State? I love the double standard that you whiny Pitt fans use in blaming Paterno for the end of the rivalry, all the while forgetting how petty their own school was to protect its own selfish interests way back when.
Look, I think it would have been great for Pitt and Penn State to align and have that conference Paterno wanted. However, holding 2 decade grudges against the school (when probably 99% of the decision makers weren't even there anymore who turned Paterno down) and destroying the rivalry was very spiteful and went way overboard being upset.

Now who is trolling??

Heinz Field is the designated home field for Pitt and that's where they play. Your requests are utter nonsense.

Then why did Penn State play so many more games in Pittsburgh than State College in the past? Because Penn State needed Pitt more than Pitt needed Penn State. I'd argue that the tables are turned. Of course, I don't expect Pitt to do something like this, which is fine. Let then schedule non P5 teams like Penn State does.

Reactions: pandaczar12
Look, I think it would have been great for Pitt and Penn State to align and have that conference Paterno wanted. However, holding 2 decade grudges against the school (when probably 99% of the decision makers weren't even there anymore who turned Paterno down) and destroying the rivalry was very spiteful and went way overboard being upset.
Yep, Paterno killed the rivalry. There it is...the Pitt battle cry. Cry me/us a friggin river.

And there's the problem! You younger guys have no idea what makes college football great! PSU has no identity and will always be a Big10 stepchild that is never fully excepted by the blue bloods! Joe was right when he tried to build an elite Eastern football conference. He knew PSU didn't belong over in Chicago or Detroit. Joe knew PSU belonged in the east. But what the heck.........enjoy!

And there's the problem! You younger guys have no idea what makes college football great! PSU has no identity and will always be a Big10 stepchild that is never fully excepted by the blue bloods! Joe was right when he tried to build an elite Eastern football conference. He knew PSU didn't belong over in Chicago or Detroit. Joe knew PSU belonged in the east. But what the heck.........enjoy!
Please, do tell...what exactly is pitt's identity?

Reactions: furfoot
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT