ADVERTISEMENT

My Brother passed yesterday a great PSU fan i'm heart broken guys.

He was 10 years my senior got me to listen on the radio to my first PSU game vs Ohio St. in 1963, 2 weeks after he was discharged from the Navy, i was 11. Got hooked on the radio, said this new coach JVP is going to make a difference here, i think he was right. In 74 we started going to single games for 2 years. Were season ticket holders from 76 until the step program took place. We sat first row WA from 78 until step. We talked through every game on the phone when they were on TV. I will miss him greatly and PSU games are not going to be the same. For those of you who are religious i would appreciate your prayers. I truly am heartbroken, Hail To The Lion, and Fight On State are probably going to make me well with tears. I needed to reach out to someone Sorry for the rambling, i'm here reading every day since the plot it days, and would feed my brother the insight from you guys. Thank you in advance. Gary
I’m so sorry for you and your family; prayers will be forthcoming. Thanks for sharing, and hold on to all of your great memories.

Reactions: HazletonLion
I’m so sorry for you and your family; prayers will be forthcoming. Thanks for sharing, and hold on to all of your great memories.
HazletonLion,
As a former Hazletonian, I hope your brother is having a drink out of a dirty glass with Bell Hop Cusat. Remember all the great, funny memories that you had together. That’s what will live on forever. May God bless you & your family.

He was 10 years my senior got me to listen on the radio to my first PSU game vs Ohio St. in 1963, 2 weeks after he was discharged from the Navy, i was 11. Got hooked on the radio, said this new coach JVP is going to make a difference here, i think he was right. In 74 we started going to single games for 2 years. Were season ticket holders from 76 until the step program took place. We sat first row WA from 78 until step. We talked through every game on the phone when they were on TV. I will miss him greatly and PSU games are not going to be the same. For those of you who are religious i would appreciate your prayers. I truly am heartbroken, Hail To The Lion, and Fight On State are probably going to make me well with tears. I needed to reach out to someone Sorry for the rambling, i'm here reading every day since the plot it days, and would feed my brother the insight from you guys. Thank you in advance. Gary
I am sorry for your loss. The 1963 Maryland game was my first Penn State game as a freshman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT