ADVERTISEMENT

My Brother passed yesterday a great PSU fan i'm heart broken guys.

HazletonLion

Nov 17, 2003
He was 10 years my senior got me to listen on the radio to my first PSU game vs Ohio St. in 1963, 2 weeks after he was discharged from the Navy, i was 11. Got hooked on the radio, said this new coach JVP is going to make a difference here, i think he was right. In 74 we started going to single games for 2 years. Were season ticket holders from 76 until the step program took place. We sat first row WA from 78 until step. We talked through every game on the phone when they were on TV. I will miss him greatly and PSU games are not going to be the same. For those of you who are religious i would appreciate your prayers. I truly am heartbroken, Hail To The Lion, and Fight On State are probably going to make me well with tears. I needed to reach out to someone Sorry for the rambling, i'm here reading every day since the plot it days, and would feed my brother the insight from you guys. Thank you in advance. Gary

He was 10 years my senior got me to listen on the radio to my first PSU game vs Ohio St. in 1963, 2 weeks after he was discharged from the Navy, i was 11. Got hooked on the radio, said this new coach JVP is going to make a difference here, i think he was right. In 74 we started going to single games for 2 years. Were season ticket holders from 76 until the step program took place. We sat first row WA from 78 until step. We talked through every game on the phone when they were on TV. I will miss him greatly and PSU games are not going to be the same. For those of you who are religious i would appreciate your prayers. I truly am heartbroken, Hail To The Lion, and Fight On State are probably going to make me well with tears. I needed to reach out to someone Sorry for the rambling, i'm here reading every day since the plot it days, and would feed my brother the insight from you guys. Thank you in advance. Gary
So sorry for your loss, HazletonLion. Sounds like you two were great Penn State buddies. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

He was 10 years my senior got me to listen on the radio to my first PSU game vs Ohio St. in 1963, 2 weeks after he was discharged from the Navy, i was 11. Got hooked on the radio, said this new coach JVP is going to make a difference here, i think he was right. In 74 we started going to single games for 2 years. Were season ticket holders from 76 until the step program took place. We sat first row WA from 78 until step. We talked through every game on the phone when they were on TV. I will miss him greatly and PSU games are not going to be the same.
For those of you who are religious i would appreciate your prayers. I truly am heartbroken, Hail To The Lion, and Fight On State are probably going to make me well with tears. I needed to reach out to someone Sorry for the rambling, i'm here reading every day since the plot it days, and would feed my brother the insight from you guys. Thank you in advance. Gar
Prayers offered to you for comfort in this trying time. Never like losing a good Penn State fan. I, too, am from Hazleton. Hope we can meet some day.

Really sorry to hear that Hazleton. Sounds like you guys had a lot of great times over the years. I know it’s not the same but we’re all here to try and pick up the slack on game days. Hang in there.

@HazletonLion -- my thoughts and prayers are with your brother, your family, and you.

The pain and grief you feel are probably acute, and will not go away magically. Just take it one day at a time is the best advice I can offer.

PSU games this year will likely be a challenge for you. That said, we all know an end is coming -- just not how and when it will occur. In that context, I urge you to celebrate the long life of your brother, that he introduced you to a great team to follow, and how much fun the two of you had with that shared passion over the years. When PSU plays this season, raise a toast to your dear brother. And once you get past that, do your best to continue to root for and to support the team. Your brother would have done nothing less, I suspect.

If the board community or myself can be of any assistance, don't hesitate to post as much, and we'll do what we can.

We Are!!!

Hazelton, we're so very sorry for the loss of your brother. You make him sound like he was the best big brother a guy could have, and I have no doubt that he was that and more. We'll be thinking of and praying for you during these trying times.

The pain one feels during these moments often seems overwhelming. Always remember the good times that you two shared, and find something to laugh or smile about. Just think, you’re brother can now tell Joe in person about every bad call he made. May God bless you both.

I will pray for you. Sorry for your loss. Sounds like your relationship was a great one. Do not allow anyone to rush you through your time of grieving. Ask the Lord to help you along. Recommend reading through the Psalms as they contain numerous verses of people grieving and casting their care on the Lord.

I will include your brother in my prayers this evening.
“Seashells remind us that every passing life leaves something beautiful behind.” .......Unknown

Thanks for sharing that beautiful tribute to your brother...told through the prism of Penn State football. You were blessed to have a brother like that...and a relationship with him like that. That's the way it should be but many times is not. Which makes the difficulty of losing it all the more. My prayers for the both of you.

Prayers from a Gopher fan ( and not yet willing to admit PSU fan;)) Stating the obvious, Family is special. Sounds like your brother was a great man and positive influence. Know that your brother is with you!

Last edited:
My heartfelt condolences, Gary.

What would you consider to be fitting tribute to him? For example, did he have a specific pregame ritual, or was there something particular he wore to big games? I would be very much on board with celebrating your brother.

Sorry for your loss. memories last forever though.

Beautiful words spoken about your brother. What amazing lasting memories you will have until reunited one day. Lifting you all up in prayer.

I was struggling with the loss of a friend that was taken way too soon. I mentioned that to my brother and asked if I ever heard of the woman gardener and her pastor. I said no.

A woman loses her husband with whom she shared Sunday services every single Sunday. Her husband died suddenly and the pastor didn't see her for several weeks after the burial. One day on a walk passed her house, he stopped to see how she was doing. "Oh, OK, pastor. I appreciate your asking and stopping by but I am struggling with the loss of my beautiful husband and am dismayed.' The pastor offered whatever words he could to comfort her then asked "by the way, what a wonderful garden you have this year. What are you doing?" She responded, "oh, I am just picking some to take into my house." The pastor then asked "oh wonderful, enjoy them. So how do you decide which ones to pick when there are so many?" "Oh that is easy." she responds, "I just pick the most beautiful ones!" The pastor muses as he walks away "I suppose that is what the Good Lord does, as well".

As Josie Walse would say "I recon so".

Prayers up and may the Almighty welcome your brother into paradise and give you peace in knowing that.

Sincere condolences, HL. Im sure Joe met him with a glass of bourbon.

I had season tix in WA, row 6 for several years. We likely passed by in the aisle a few times.

Find peace knowing your brother is home with Lord. I hope every time you watch a game you’re able to remember a great moment with your brother and it puts a smile on your face. Prayers
coming your way!

So sorry for your loss

Condolences on your loss. I’m certain your brother is eagerly awaiting the start of PSU football and is surrounded by many relatives and fellowPSU fans (with some really good seats)

My sympathies, thoughts, and prayers go out to you and your family. May your Brother Rest in Peace.

So sad to hear Hazleton.. my thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT