ADVERTISEMENT

Must watch TV: Rutgers vs. Wazzu

LafayetteBear

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2009
I don't know how good Norfolk State (Rutgers' first opponent) is, but I'm guessing they are not very good. Wazzu somehow managed to lose to Portland State. This Clash of Titans is the prelude to the PSU-Rutgers tilt the following week. Do you think Rutgers can hold off the mighty Cougars?.

I don't know how good Norfolk State (Rutgers' first opponent) is, but I'm guessing they are not very good. Wazzu somehow managed to lose to Portland State. This Clash of Titans is the prelude to the PSU-Rutgers tilt the following week. Do you think Rutgers can hold off the mighty Cougars?.
Hell no. I predict a Cougar win by.....um....."21". :)

You guys should worry about the mighty MAC Buffalo Bulls. They will be working on their blitz packages all week.

In two weeks you get to see the Rutgers blitz packages led by Turay and can discuss how to stop the blitzes aimed at S A C K E N B E R G.

In all seriousness, you should pay attention to our secondary. If our secondary can make some big improvements from week 1, that would be a helpful sign going into play you guys. Talk about learning on the fly for these young DBs. Of course, Washington St when on their pass game can make just about anybody look bad. The weather was terrible for their game making passing very difficult.

Biggest controversy out of RU this week is Laviano being named starter. Better game manager with out the upside of Rettig. Even the Mods don't think Flood made the right decision. Both our coaches need to show the ability to coach up right now.

I, for one, would like to see you win this week and than obviously us take care of business against you. Like anything else, it's not as bad as it might seem, and seeing as Franklin is the Head Coach of Penn St, he should be able to come up with some adjustments.

Sorry to OP for giving a real response to an obvious troll

Sorry to OP for giving a real response to an obvious troll
Sport: I take it from your post that you are a Rutgers fan. Have not seen your handle before, and am guessing you have not been regularly auditing this Board, or you would know that I am a PSU fan and post here frequently. I don't follow Rutgers and have no idea what kind of team you will field this season, but my guess is that the Scarlet Knights will not be contending for a BCS bowl. That is a certainty with respect to Wazzu, which lost last Saturday to Portland State, an FCS team. Sorry if you took offense, but a matchup between Wazzu and pretty much anyone would be less than compelling.

Last edited:
Nice to know that you'll be watching Rutgers this Saturday. I'll be watching to see if PSU can manage to throw for more than 100 yards against mighty Buffalo, and praying that the left tackle stays healthy. It would be great to have him out there on the 19th. He was really fun to watch last week against Temple.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT