ADVERTISEMENT

More tough news for Joel Embiid of Sixers

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...-will-miss-next-season-after-2nd-foot-surgery

...but according to a report from Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Embiid is likely to miss the 2015-2016 season.

76ers center Joel Embiid will likely miss the 2015-16 season.

The 7-footer will have a second surgery after the latest setback in the healing of his right foot, according to several NBA sources.

“I would say there's a great possibility that Embiid won't play next year,” the source said. “Just think how long they sat him when they thought he was healthy.”

The Sixers are planning as if Embiid won't play this season, sources say. Another source said the franchise is concerned that this setback could be career-threatening.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...-will-miss-next-season-after-2nd-foot-surgery

...but according to a report from Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Embiid is likely to miss the 2015-2016 season.

76ers center Joel Embiid will likely miss the 2015-16 season.

The 7-footer will have a second surgery after the latest setback in the healing of his right foot, according to several NBA sources.

“I would say there's a great possibility that Embiid won't play next year,” the source said. “Just think how long they sat him when they thought he was healthy.”

The Sixers are planning as if Embiid won't play this season, sources say. Another source said the franchise is concerned that this setback could be career-threatening.

Quite frankly this is why he fell to the number 3 pick. I guess it was worth the shot? Maybe they will now move on seriously with the two bigs they have.

Which is why so sixers should not have taken him. Big men that have foot problems rarely ever heal properly.

Simple put had they not picked Embid and sat him on the chance he could play, they never would have gotten Oakafor which is not a good place to build from. Oak could be the next big thing in the NBA.

Next year get play makers and runners who can really shot the ball.

N i t t a n y A m e r i c a

Actually, the Lakers REALLY helped them out by passing on Oak :)
I'm sure the Sixers were jumping for joy when that happened. As far as the 76ers passing on Embid, that would have been the mistake. The upside on him is amazing (more than either of the Bigs this year). But, he may never be able to play. Look, hindsight is always 20-20.
All that being said, the 76ers will get a full season to see how well Noel and Oak can play together. Plus, I believe they have 3 first round picks for next year. They will be better this year, next year they will have "their" team in place. How good will they be in 3-4 years ?? Who knows.

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
Blessing in disguise. Dont have to worry about which two of the three to keep/disperse minutes. This allows then to see what those two can do on defense, Noel is a great shot blocker but will have to guard perimeter 4's too. Maybe one of them could be used as a trade chip with a pick for either a higher #1 or a prime time wing.

Actually, the Lakers REALLY helped them out by passing on Oak :)
I'm sure the Sixers were jumping for joy when that happened. As far as the 76ers passing on Embid, that would have been the mistake. The upside on him is amazing (more than either of the Bigs this year). But, he may never be able to play. Look, hindsight is always 20-20.
All that being said, the 76ers will get a full season to see how well Noel and Oak can play together. Plus, I believe they have 3 first round picks for next year. They will be better this year, next year they will have "their" team in place. How good will they be in 3-4 years ?? Who knows.

People are calling this a wasted pick with Howard Eskin the douche that he is leading the charge. I have questioned Hinkie but this move was not questionable, just IMO. He went for the guy in that draft that could have became not only really good but a possible megastar in the game. It's ashame how this is working out. Word is though that basically he has no pain and could play today. They are just going to try to fix what will happen before it happens and then would most likely end his career. Things obviously aren't looking good and you have to feel really bad for the kid. I wonder if his growth spurt had anything to do with this setback. He grew 2.5" in the last year which is not common at all for a 21 year old.

He has a long road ahead but he is young. The territory is scary now though. It would be sort of incredible if he ever gets to be what it looked like he could be. When Hakeem basically says you are the new version of him you were getting a pretty crazy compliment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT