ADVERTISEMENT

More Lineup Movement?

Gray52

Dec 9, 2012
Excuse me if this is posted in one of the other non specific threads... but what’s this all about?

Reactions: LemonPie
Oh my, if that happens, it would likely be Berge at 157, Nolf at 165, and Cenzo at 174. I would expect Nolf to be undersized if he is going up with only a month until the first dual.

I believe today (Oct. 10th) might have been the first official practice.

I would imagine that if Mark was going to redshirt...….that the yes/no decision has already been made. We may not hear about it...but I bet everyone on the team would know by now

I would imagine that if Mark was going to redshirt...….that the yes/no decision has already been made. We may not hear about it...but I bet everyone on the team would know by now
If that were truly under consideration, would Jason break Mark's news on Instagram?

Without knowing who asked Jason the question -- this is Jason either having fun with someone he knows, or having fun at the expense of someone he doesn't know.

Well, dang. Could be all about Cenzo’s certification, I suppose. If it happens, doesn’t really hurt team chances much I guess, though some. Makes the road to 4X a bit more interesting for Cenzo though. What a legend he’d be if he beats iMar 2x and Zahid at least once though.

If Hall redshirts this season, I bet he takes one next year too in order to prepare for an Olympic run.

Mr Nolf giving the board some fuel.
Where does the term red shirt come from?

Come on. Go back and watch the "have you been cleared" interview. Nolf plays with message board posters' minds, like he plays with the red meat thrown on the mat by opposing coaches.

If that were truly under consideration, would Jason break Mark's news on Instagram?

Without knowing who asked Jason the question -- this is Jason either having fun with someone he knows, or having fun at the expense of someone he doesn't know.

I wasn't suggesting Nolf was breaking news. The wrestlers never seem to do that. I just meant the he would know but wouldn't tell. I have heard Nolf interviews. He has a quick wit and a pretty dry sense of humor. I would bet he is just playing.

Reactions: diggerpup
I wasn't suggesting Nolf was breaking news. The wrestlers never seem to do that. I just meant the he would know but wouldn't tell. I have heard Nolf interviews. He has a quick wit and a pretty dry sense of humor. I would bet he is just playing.
Never said you did and sorry to give that impression, merely leveraging your comment for emphasis.

I won't dismiss it out of hand as Nolf trolling (though it could very well be that) for a few reasons. (1) the wrestlers themselves have inadvertently broken lineup news before, which makes sense given how stingy the coaches are with info; (2) it's not particularly funny, as trolls go; (3) it's not the worst idea to keep Hall around for an extra year given who graduates this year, and given where our top competitors presently are. Further, if Cenzo is as big as rumored, it might make even more sense.

There are downsides to the strategy--removing Hall from the lineup takes away points at NCAAs regardless of who else this allows you to insert (perhaps Verk toward bottom, or perhaps Manville nearer the top).

Or maybe Nolf is just trolling Hall and/or everyone else.

To be honest, taking away 20 points this year brings us back into the field too much, both tOSU and Iowa ''might" have multiple NCs.

I think it is more likely next year is a repeat of 2015 where Cael decides to shirt several guys with a focus on a 4 year dynasty to follow It is not totally out of the realm of possibility to ponder RS for Hall, Lee, Brooks, Beard, and RBY. I wouldn't bet money on it, but its possible.

No matter the strength of the guys coming in you just don't lose Nolf, Nickal, Nevills and Shak all at the same time without missing a beat.

Reactions: Jda24 and diggerpup
I really wish people would take a break on the 2015 repeat. In 2015 the dynasty was here, but still young and maturing. The reset allowed for the staff to make certain the root system for the future was healthy and ready to support the growth they were seeking.

The dynasty is now firmly rooted as it continues to grow stronger.
2018-19 needs to be enjoyed first, worrying about 19-20 seems a bit weird. At least to me.

Kids here in 2019-20. Teasdale, Teske, Bravo-Young, Nick Lee, Verkleeren, Berge, Joe Lee, Vincenzo, Mark, Manville, Aaron Brooks, Beard, Seth, Cassar if he chooses a 6th year.

I really wish people would take a break on the 2015 repeat. In 2015 the dynasty was here, but still young and maturing. The reset allowed for the staff to make certain the root system for the future was healthy and ready to support the growth they were seeking.

2018-19 needs to be enjoyed first, worrying about 19-20 seems a bit weird. At least to me.

Kids here in 2019-20. Teasdale, Teske, Bravo-Young, Nick Lee, Verkleeren, Berge, Joe Lee, Vincenzo, Mark, Manville, Aaron Brooks, Beard, Seth, Cassar if he chooses a 6th year.
We can’t win without Taylor and Ruth.......

It will be fun to see what things look like. “There is nobody at either 157 or 165 touching Nolf”.......Micah Jordan

"Person", not "people". All will be fine.

Reactions: Maddog and ccdiver
Looks to be some more trolling going on...Mark Hall answered a question on instagram that he is going 184 next year o_O .... we are all just pawns in this game of chess

Agreed, that reset did seem to leave an odd lasting impression of some sort of necessity, or precedent, like it's a natural need every once in awhile. But I also agree that a mass-redshirt / 1-season punt / reboot is not only not required or a natural need, but it also looks a little silly given the much wider breadth of elite talent already committed to compete here. As you note.

I'm gonna throw away the bolded part of your remark up there, and continue the narrative you started, because as a fan of the first truly elite sports team I've ever been a fan of, I absolutely want to see Cael overtake Gable's coaching records, and become the best ever. And at present, my man's only got 7 of Gable's 15.

Yes, Tan Tom, Brands & John Smith are recruiting better in response to Cael's juggernaut, but there are more than enough devices and recruits available for Cael to keep his foot on their throats. Already this summer, they utilized one key device that preserves the potential for Joe Lee, Brooks, Bear & Seth to compete in the dang 2025 Nationals! Via the "Greyshirt", their clocks haven't even begun, and they all can not only still further pause them with zero qualifications via an NCAA RS (allowing them to potentially compete as RSSRs in 2024), but could also pause them an additional year, if they qualify, via OlyRS's.

Hall, right now, could take off the '19 and '20 tourneys and compete in '21 & '22. I agree this possibility seems unlikely, just given the context-free-ness of the posted screenshot, but nobody's close enough behind PSU for the '19 tourney that swapping out a Bergeleeren + Hall combo for a Verkleeren + Berge combo introduces some huge risk to another team title. Given track records of a year of Lorenzo experience, is it preposterous to suggest either combo provides two Finalists? Also given track records, and just like nobody batting an eye at Nickal's number one-ed ness at 197, Nolf & Cenzo are both established so much (see: 2x Champs), would anybody scoff at their chances at a third title after bumping up a weight?

The more pertinent question is, will Mark Hall contribute points to Cael's 8th or 11th team title?

This is Dynasty talk now, man! We're beyond being embarrassed by our riches. There's such a stockpile of talent, and so many dang options for how to navigate weight classes and eligibility clocks, there's no need to think about pausing a team title pursuit for a whole year. All we fans need to do on these here Mess Boards is pontificate & discuss the myriad varieties of ways Penn State can continue to take the whole sport behind the damn wood shed.

Agreed, that reset did seem to leave an odd lasting impression of some sort of necessity, or precedent, like it's a natural need every once in awhile. But I also agree that a mass-redshirt / 1-season punt / reboot is not only not required or a natural need, but it also looks a little silly given the much wider breadth of elite talent already committed to compete here. As you note.

I'm gonna throw away the bolded part of your remark up there, and continue the narrative you started, because as a fan of the first truly elite sports team I've ever been a fan of, I absolutely want to see Cael overtake Gable's coaching records, and become the best ever. And at present, my man's only got 7 of Gable's 15.

Yes, Tan Tom, Brands & John Smith are recruiting better in response to Cael's juggernaut, but there are more than enough devices and recruits available for Cael to keep his foot on their throats. Already this summer, they utilized one key device that preserves the potential for Joe Lee, Brooks, Bear & Seth to compete in the dang 2025 Nationals! Via the "Greyshirt", their clocks haven't even begun, and they all can not only still further pause them with zero qualifications via an NCAA RS (allowing them to potentially compete as RSSRs in 2024), but could also pause them an additional year, if they qualify, via OlyRS's.

Hall, right now, could take off the '19 and '20 tourneys and compete in '21 & '22. I agree this possibility seems unlikely, just given the context-free-ness of the posted screenshot, but nobody's close enough behind PSU for the '19 tourney that swapping out a Bergeleeren + Hall combo for a Verkleeren + Berge combo introduces some huge risk to another team title. Given track records of a year of Lorenzo experience, is it preposterous to suggest either combo provides two Finalists? Also given track records, and just like nobody batting an eye at Nickal's number one-ed ness at 197, Nolf & Cenzo are both established so much (see: 2x Champs), would anybody scoff at their chances at a third title after bumping up a weight?

The more pertinent question is, will Mark Hall contribute points to Cael's 8th or 11th team title?

This is Dynasty talk now, man! We're beyond being embarrassed by our riches. There's such a stockpile of talent, and so many dang options for how to navigate weight classes and eligibility clocks, there's no need to think about pausing a team title pursuit for a whole year. All we fans need to do on these here Mess Boards is pontificate & discuss the myriad varieties of ways Penn State can continue to take the whole sport behind the damn wood shed.

I mis-typed "Bear" for "Beard", but I'm gonna leave it.

Reactions: Afw6006 and tikk10
I believe the guys are just having fun.

But if it did happen, (with the exception of Lee at 141) we could potentially have no returning starters at the same weight from last season.

I'm having fun with it too. Would be super fun in the non-existent dual against Iowa. Nolf v Bull and Cenzo v Marinelli? Yes, please!

I believe the guys are just having fun.

But if it did happen, (with the exception of Lee at 141) we could potentially have no returning starters at the same weight from last season.
I think one of the scenarios above could have us with no returning starters at any weight.
126 Teske
133 Teasdale
141 RBY
149 Verleeren / Lee
157 Berge
165 Nolf
174 Cenzo
184 Rasheed
197 Nickal
285 Cassar
How amazing to win a championship with this scenario?

Reactions: garw
I think one of the scenarios above could have us with no returning starters at any weight.
126 Teske
133 Teasdale
141 RBY
149 Verleeren / Lee
157 Berge
165 Nolf
174 Cenzo
184 Rasheed
197 Nickal
285 Cassar
How amazing to win a championship with this scenario?

2019/20
126 Busiello
133 Teasdale
141 RBY
149 Lee
157 Berge
165 Manville
174 Cenzo
184 Brooks
197 Beard
285 Seth Nevills

Reactions: garw
Funny a few weeks ago Shak posted a battery of Insta question-answers, and in one said he was going down to 174 and Hall would be at 184. Nolf may be trying to out troll the Shakster... They all seem quiet now on the social media front, with the official start of practice.

Reactions: Kendanville
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT