ADVERTISEMENT

Money back for Olympic team trial tickets?

Just received this from USA Wrestling. I''ll attempt to fix the very broken formatting.

U.S. Olympic Team Trials Wrestling Postponed until 2021: information and directions for ticket holders is updated

For immediate release, March 31, 2020

U.S. Olympic Team Trials Wrestling Postponed until 2021

Information and directions for ticket holders is updated

USA Wrestling, Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics, the Bryce Jordan Center and U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee have collectively decided to postpone the U.S. Olympic Team Trials - Wrestling, scheduled for April 4- 5, 2020 at the Bryce Jordan Center. The International Olympic Committee has set the new dates for the Olympic Games in 2021. At this time, organizers are working closely with local officials and health experts in hopes of rescheduling the event at the Bryce Jordan Center in 2021. Updated event information will be shared as soon as it is available.

After a new date is determined, tickets will be updated to reflect the rescheduled dates/time. Previously purchased physical tickets will be reissued to the original purchaser. Previously purchased mobile tickets will be automatically updated.

For fans who are unable to attend future dates, refunds are available by request to the original purchaser now through June 1, 2020. Deadline to request a refund: June 1, 2020. An email was sent to original purchasers notifying them of the postponement in early March. Stay tuned for additional information via email regarding rescheduling.

REFUND DETAILS BY PURCHASE TYPE ONLINE PURCHASERS.
To request a refund, the original purchaser must contact the Bryce Jordan Center ticket office by e-mail or phone. A full refund will be processed on the credit card used for purchase (including processing fees).

IN-PERSON CREDIT CARD PURCHASERS.
To request a refund, the original purchaser must contact the Bryce Jordan Center ticket office by e-mail or phone. A full refund will be processed on the credit card used for purchase (including processing fees).

IN-PERSON CASH or CHECK PURCHASERS.
To request a refund, the original purchaser must contact the Bryce Jordan Center ticket office by e-mail or phone. A full refund will be issued by mail (including processing fees) to the original purchaser by Penn State check. Please allow up 30 days of notice of the cancellation for checks to be received.

IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION.
E-mail: bjcticketcenter@psu.edu
Phone: 814-865-5555 (M-F / 9am 4:30pm)
Please direct all other inquiries related to the event to jordancenter@psu.edu

Just think of the possibilities of people that purchased tickets through craigslist where the original purchaser could request a refund and not be holding the tickets any longer. This could be a mess for some folks out there.

Sometime in the future someone will appear on Antiques Roadshow with paper tickets to the 2020 and 2021 Trials and say "my uncle left these to me, it looks like he got them signed by (fill in the blank) at the 2021 trials".

Just received this from USA Wrestling. I''ll attempt to fix the very broken formatting.

U.S. Olympic Team Trials Wrestling Postponed until 2021: information and directions for ticket holders is updated

For immediate release, March 31, 2020

U.S. Olympic Team Trials Wrestling Postponed until 2021

Information and directions for ticket holders is updated

USA Wrestling, Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics, the Bryce Jordan Center and U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee have collectively decided to postpone the U.S. Olympic Team Trials - Wrestling, scheduled for April 4- 5, 2020 at the Bryce Jordan Center. The International Olympic Committee has set the new dates for the Olympic Games in 2021. At this time, organizers are working closely with local officials and health experts in hopes of rescheduling the event at the Bryce Jordan Center in 2021. Updated event information will be shared as soon as it is available.

After a new date is determined, tickets will be updated to reflect the rescheduled dates/time. Previously purchased physical tickets will be reissued to the original purchaser. Previously purchased mobile tickets will be automatically updated.

For fans who are unable to attend future dates, refunds are available by request to the original purchaser now through June 1, 2020. Deadline to request a refund: June 1, 2020. An email was sent to original purchasers notifying them of the postponement in early March. Stay tuned for additional information via email regarding rescheduling.

REFUND DETAILS BY PURCHASE TYPE ONLINE PURCHASERS.

IN-PERSON CREDIT CARD PURCHASERS.

IN-PERSON CASH or CHECK PURCHASERS.
To request a refund, the original purchaser must contact the Bryce Jordan Center ticket office by e-mail or phone. A full refund will be issued by mail (including processing fees) to the original purchaser by Penn State check. Please allow up 30 days of notice of the cancellation for checks to be received.

IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION.
E-mail: bjcticketcenter@psu.edu
Phone: 814-865-5555 (M-F / 9am 4:30pm)
Please direct all other inquiries related to the event to jordancenter@psu.edu
Considerations currently being discussed to move the June 1 refund date out. The reason is that the 2021 Trials date is nearly set (the contract is still a work-in-progress), but can't be released until it is signed. Not knowing the Trials date may impact people's decision.

That said, I do not know a single soul that is going to ask for a refund. Not saying none are, just that I don't know of anyone.

Reactions: Wilco43
With the trials so far away, I've been wondering whether I should bequeath my ticket, just in case.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
No one knows. I got an email today that said something like they are still trying to schedule in 2021, and the window to request a refund has been extended. Anybody that ordered tickets should've received it.

Any update on the new date/location for trials??

No one knows. I got an email today that said something like they are still trying to schedule in 2021, and the window to request a refund has been extended. Anybody that ordered tickets should've received it.
Location is unchanged and a date has been picked but is not firm. Contracts/details being worked on through USA Wrestling and all the local entities, not unlike prior to the process for the 2020 Trials that were cancelled.

No information about a date that it will be announced.

Location is unchanged and a date has been picked but is not firm. Contracts/details being worked on through USA Wrestling and all the local entities, not unlike prior to the process for the 2020 Trials that were cancelled.

Roar...I wouldn't mind at all if you sent me a text with the tentative dates...It would never hurt to secure a few rooms at the Inn. :Djust kidding (kind of)

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Roar...I wouldn't mind at all if you sent me a text with the tentative dates...It would never hurt to secure a few rooms at the Inn. :Djust kidding (kind of)
We would all like this, but we also know Roar would not do this, or would he..... Just kidding! (kind of also!)

AirBNB for me and my crew!

There’s room on my front porch swing for any of you former 125lb types.

From 288 to 125 is going to be a hard cut with any descent plan but I'm game.

The front porch comment reminded me of vacationing with my in laws 25 years ago. Mother in law for a couple years rented a big house at Virginia Beach or the Outer Banks. The house at Virginia Beach had a older porch swing. I soon found it was not certified for 265 pounds and before you say Myles Martin, I was laying on my back looking up.

Nerf, If the cut doesn't work, can I claim the lower bunk of the swing?

Reactions: nerfstate

Early April still the plan ... though decision about Covid and possible delays yet to be made. Unlikely to move much, as the Olympics start 7/23/21.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT