ADVERTISEMENT

Football Mike Yurcich has been FIRED

I like what Collin Klein from K-State, is doing. Wonder if he could be an option. I know he bleeds K-State, but……..

First reported by Conceal Carry

elf-will-ferrell.gif

An insider with 50 posts over 8 years? Slightly skeptical of the source.
Now for the record young man, I post when necessary. I have been a member for twenty years under different handles. In the future when I tell you I have an inside source. Believe me . I have been a coach and a strength trainer for 40 years. I know a something about the game of football.

Wasn't Cirroca fired so he could bring in Yurcich? JFC, how long will it take to realize what the real problem is.
Yes. He also fired Donovan minutes after that season ended.

Interesting firing with a young QB and in the middle of recruiting season

Let’s be fair.

We don’t know what goes on in the locker room.

This is the first year PSU has had commensurate talent in all 22 positions. The play calling was horrible and way too conservative against both um and osu.
that is true, that is true.

but there have been a lot of OCs in 10 seasons

Reactions: psu00 and Grass
Now for the record young man, I post when necessary. I have been a member for twenty years under different handles. In the future when I tell you I have an inside source. Believe me . I have been a coach and a strength trainer for 40 years. I know a something about the game of football.
Totally deserved and warranted. Not only will I believe you, I am now following you.

To Joe Moorehad and Ricky Rahne's credit they were hired away.

Ciarrocca was a mistake and it looks like Yurcich was too. Donovan wasn't great but was also playing with 65 scholarship players.
here's the problem, there was absolutely nothing about Yurcich that suggested he would be a bad hire. in fact it seemed like a surprisingly good hire at the time. I don't feel like this is really the OC's fault because we have seen the same thing with every OC, except when Saquon Barkley was on the team.

Very needed. And enormous dud as a play caller and QB coach¹.
As usual, Mary, you’re dead wrong. He is being made the scapegoat for East Stroudsburg Jimmy’s interference in the offense. He will die with RPO even though his quarterback is NOT an RPO guy. Square peg, round hole.

Coaches get fired mid to late season all the time. See A&M today
If Yurich wouldn't be back next year why keep him right now? You can give someone else an opportunity to showcase what they're capable of
It’s not about finding what a different OC would do. It’s about improving quickly so that we don’t have a lot of players transfer out. The portal changes everything, including coaching.

Hoping we improve the next two weeks and keep everyone. And even if don’t improve dramatically and quickly it sends a message that we will be better next year.

Reactions: Global Fan
here's the problem, there was absolutely nothing about Yurcich that suggested he would be a bad hire. in fact it seemed like a surprisingly good hire at the time. I don't feel like this is really the OC's fault because we have seen the same thing with every OC, except when Saquon Barkley was on the team.
I agree with you that it seemed like a home run hire.

Looks back now to 2021, Clifford seemed to regress at times, Roberson was completely unprepared to even get a snap off at Iowa, and now it seems Allar is unable to complete even five yard passes with any kind of accuracy. Yurcich has been the QB coach *and* OC since then.

The signs have been there. A lot of us complained to start the year but got labelled naysayers. There are flashes, like last week at Maryland, but the complete turtling (no pun intended) against OSU and UM were sad. Other than Allar's poor performance I thought the rest of the team played well enough to beat UM and could have had a chance to beat OSU. I know, if if's and but's were candy and nuts what a Merry Christmas we'd all have! :)

Reactions: Jerry
It’s not about finding what a different OC would do. It’s about improving quickly so that we don’t have a lot of players transfer out. The portal changes everything, including coaching.

Hoping we improve the next two weeks and keep everyone. And even if don’t improve dramatically and quickly it sends a message that we will be better next year.
If you're Allar do you stay?

So if you change handles again, how will we know to trust you? This was what 56th in eight years?

I remember CJF saying I went out and got my man that I really wanted when he hired Yurcich.

I remember CJF saying I went out and got my man that I really wanted when he hired Yurcich.
well he wasn't going to say he didn't want him, but seriously, how many OCs is this guy going to burn through by the end of his tenure at PSU? he is on pace for at least 10 between 2014 and 2030

Reactions: RickinDayton
How about a phone call to Josh McDaniels? Too much of a step back (for Josh)?

well he wasn't going to say he didn't want him, but seriously, how many OCs is this guy going to burn through by the end of his tenure at PSU? he is on pace for at least 10 between 2014 and 2030
in fairness, one of his OCs did so well, he got hired to SEC as a head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT