ADVERTISEMENT

Football Mike Yurcich has been FIRED

Zero discussion of it on X/Tiwtter. Not in motion based on any reliable source.

Reactions: psu00
Just in general- evaluate everyone post season. Outside of a Mel Tucker type incident, it doesn’t make much sense to fire coaches mid season, (especially with 2 games left).
Coaches get fired mid to late season all the time. See A&M today
If Yurich wouldn't be back next year why keep him right now? You can give someone else an opportunity to showcase what they're capable of

Coaches get fired mid to late season all the time. See A&M today
If Yurich wouldn't be back next year why keep him right now? You can give someone else an opportunity to showcase what they're capable of
what A&M did makes no sense unless they already have a plan for the replacement, and I highly doubt they have anyone lined up already. It appears they are just wasting money because they can.

coordinators are a different story though

what A&M did makes no sense unless they already have a plan for the replacement, and I highly doubt they have anyone lined up already. It appears they are just wasting money because they can.

Sanders demoted Sean Lewis and Riley fired Grinch. There has been several others as well. Not saying it fixed the problem in either case, but it happens.

Sanders demoted Sean Lewis and Riley fired Grinch. There has been several others as well. Not saying it fixed the problem in either case, but it happens.
well, if you're going to make a change at OC better to do it today so there's a little time for whomever might be the new guy to get his feet under himself.

It makes sense if they want to get out of their contract by Jimbo finding another job.

If Jimbo wants, Jimbo is going to be hired before another coach gets fired.

It makes sense if they want to get out of their contract by Jimbo finding another job.

If Jimbo wants, Jimbo is going to be hired before another coach gets fired.
but now they have also given him the option to do nothing and collect huge checks from the school.

It seemed clear to me after HCJF said "not good enough" that something was imminent. He does not usually speak in that manner after a game. If this is true, and I think it likely is, it should be no shock to anybody.

Reactions: Jerry
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT