ADVERTISEMENT

Football PENN STATE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR SEARCH THREAD

Dylan Callaghan-Croley

Staff
Jun 14, 2020
Reactions: NedFromYork
I said on Facebook, I can make bad decisions for three and a half hours a week thirteen times a year for $5 million, but if it's only the OC job I guess I can find a way to live on $500k.

We'll be setting up one of those instant-vote systems and will deploy an app all forum users can have on their phone to help pick the next play called.

I don't really care who we hire specifically but I do care that we hire an offensive coordinator that is not a system guy and one that does not use the term, "explosive play". We need a coordinator that is smart and able to adjust to the talent on hand and from year to year as talent moves in and out of the program. Look at the quarterback position. We have a drop back quarterback backed by an option quarterback and an unknown third stringer. We need the same on defense but that is another issue.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Here is a long shot but I’d look at Warren Ruggiero. New Jersey guy may have some interest.

Hire Matt McGloin. There’d be no running plays and every down would be a deep pass. Would be a lot of fun to watch.

Line up extra big fat lineman, and pound 13 & 10 up the track behind them. Rinse. Repeat.

I saw another team do this recently and it worked really well.

Reactions: 81b&w and ram2020
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT