ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands Brackets & Thread :

I saw the Valencia Brothers open up for Donnie Iris and The Cruisers back in the day. GREAT live show! They had sort of a "Santana kind of sound", and didn't need any bouncers by the stage, because if anyone rushed the stage and tried to jump on, they would get a full body slam/pancake/cement mixer thrown at them.

Guns I'm in state college tonight. Have dinner reservations for 6pm. Hope you can join and pick up the tab.

Just waking up...and my head hurts for some reason...
Here's a little story of reflection as I believe two brothers were inducted into the Midlands Hall of Fame just yesterday. Seems that during their early competitive years, one of them suffered a loss at the tournament. Terry and Tom were relatively unknown, young, budding, collegiate wrestlers at the time. Midlands back then was arguably the most competitive tournament in the USA next to the Olympic trials, so there's no shame to be had. I believe it was Terry who, in a show of stamina, muscular endurance, and perseverance(?) completely dismantled the Northwestern locker room for all to hear. Yes, it was that loud! Everyone in the gym heard the shocking tapestry of words that flowed. A Crashing, smashing, steel falling eruption of emotion, laced with a cacophony of furnace fighting language. Like a dog hearing a unique sound for the first time, most of the patrons tilted their heads in disbelief. Old ladies cried and young children learned new words. I even learned a new one!
I believe...I believe a lot things that aren't true...but, one I'm confident of is that the award given last night was in part due to that performance.
Hawkeye Fans, You know quite well that as a Penn State grad (just barely) I spent hours writing this, and in honor of your coaches nonetheless? This is as much of a tribute to them as you'll likely find here. You should at least have the decency to "like" it. If I have to go back to bashing you, I'm fully capable. You determine your future!

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Allow me to recommend my buddies place for after dinner, All American Ale House, at Toftrees! Nice atmosphere, games on in the background. The main bartenders are friends of mine.

Toft trees too far out of town. At the mad mess for pregame.

Az chief had it right, both were takedowns. the ref missed both kemerers and the nebby kids. BUT, since kemerers happened before overtime the neb kids takedown becomes moot.

Reactions: Azchief32
Az chief had it right, both were takedowns. the ref missed both kemerers and the nebby kids. BUT, since kemerers happened before overtime the neb kids takedown becomes moot.

Correct. Chief had it right, and 21 Guns had it right also.

Match was HORRIBLY officiated both ways.

Reactions: Azchief32
Guns missed u tonight. I got a few hours left ......I think.......or we can do the waffle shop in the morning

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT