ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan - Notre Dame Game Thread

No, no, no...you didn't get the memo. UM season started second half of PSU game. Disregard the first 6.5 games. Nothing to see here.

If Penn State has a weakness (among others), it's that they do not play well with a large lead. Probably because they are not a run-first team. I would like to think if the game were more like 14-7 or 14-14, the defense would have kept Michigan more off balanced rather than playing off in a bend don't break formation. But we'll never know.

Now I will say this - how the hell did Michigan go down so hard at Wisconsin??

UM sucks. 3 losses up and coming. Another mediocre season. The only thing that sucks more tonight is ND.

giphy.gif

If Penn State has a weakness (among others), it's that they do not play well with a large lead. Probably because they are not a run-first team. I would like to think if the game were more like 14-7 or 14-14, the defense would have kept Michigan more off balanced rather than playing off in a bend don't break formation. But we'll never know.

Now I will say this - how the hell did Michigan go down so hard at Wisconsin??

In terms of talent and on-field personnel, this is a CFP worthy team. OC is holding us back.

Reactions: leftys19
Well, that's a shame.

Who here really believes Michigan has a chance against OSU this season? I don't care if it is in Ann Arbor.

So, assuming they lose, that's 3 losses. It's not my our our fault that they needed 7 games to find their offense.

Sort of. Patterson was 6/12 for 100 yards. They ran over 300 yards, but are they gonna do that against OSU? No. Did they do that against us? Hell no.

Nothing to see here but a veteran 2-3 loss UofM team.

Who's their QB after Shea leaves? Hmm...

Well, considering that Michigan and Penn State played a very close game last week, that would mean PSU doesn't really have a chance against OSU either.

Reactions: RichardMassive
I mean, we did outplay you overall. If on a neutral field with fair officiating, we win easily. That wasn’t the case and we lost...it Is what it is. Accept your win, but don’t be dicks about it. At this point, nobody’s getting with OSU, so it doesn’t really matter
You got down 21-0...that’s hardly outplaying us overall. Those points count and they weren’t gifted to us at the start of the game. Man, Michigan fans really don’t see reality. And we would have liked fair officiating too...you know, the TD that was robbed from us?

I mean, we did outplay you overall. If on a neutral field with fair officiating, we win easily. That wasn’t the case and we lost...it Is what it is. Accept your win, but don’t be dicks about it. At this point, nobody’s getting with OSU, so it doesn’t really matter
Michigan fan complaining about officiating. That's ****ing rich.

1evini.jpg

Notre Dame: It has been a long time since the Irish beat a top-20 team on its home field. Since beating No. 8 Oklahoma on Oct. 27, 2012, they have lost 11 straight true road games against teams ranked among the top 20.---ESPN

Dumbest article ever...it doesn’t matter how many seniors and juniors you have, it’s how old are your key players and the ones coming back next year.

Yup.... BS metric used.
45 of 66 or 68% of our three deep and 28 of 44 or 64% of our two deep are freshmen, sophomores, RS FR, or RS SO. The oldest according to that story, Michigan, has 15/44/34%, and the youngest, Purdue, has 28/44/64%.

Put the crack pipe down and open a window; Michigan was totally ripped off by the refs last week and would likely have won by at least two touchdowns had things been fair.
hahaha that's awesome

someday you'll think about this post and reflect on it and be embarrassed

You got down 21-0...that’s hardly outplaying us overall. Those points count and they weren’t gifted to us at the start of the game. Man, Michigan fans really don’t see reality. And we would have liked fair officiating too...you know, the TD that was robbed from us?

Not to mention that Michigan was gifted a TD on that 4th down sneak. That's a 14 point swing.

Reactions: nits74 and TheGLOV
Put the crack pipe down and open a window; Michigan was totally ripped off by the refs last week and would likely have won by at least two touchdowns had things been fair.

The level of arrogance is astounding. Your be-sainted defensive coordinator was too stupid to adjust his scheme and not play cover zero and tried to check KJ Hamler with a safety. Predictably Hamler ran by your slow safeties like they were standing still all day. And as long as we are playing the “what if” game, how about we ask ourselves, “What if Hamler’s kickoff return at the beginning of the second half isn’t called back by an invisible holding call?” Do you think Booger’s team folds like a cheap suit or has their “finest hour?”

I am convinced the scUM fan base’s primary quality is arrogance, but that arrogance is largely motivated by a combination of stupidity and almost complete ignorance of any other team and their strengths and weaknesses. To come back to our site to talk shit after LOSING the week before, because you beat a slow and unathletic ND team at home, means you have to be nearly mentally retarded. This win makes Booger 2-10 against top 10 teams. Since 2017 we are 18-1 against ranked teams.

We have the potential to bring nearly everything back next year. We have scored, I think, around 36 TD’s on offense this year and all but two of them have been scored by a player with either freshman or sophomore eligibility. Next year we will have a two year starting QB, bring back every one of our RBs, every WR, our All American TE and 4 out of 5 of our OLineman. It is possible Hamler leaves early (start praying now), but if he doesn’t get ready for his Heisman moment in front of the quietest 100K in college football. Maybe if you dumbasses throw towels at him next year it will slow him down? It is a shame we won’t get to see big mouth Metellus quit when he realizes he is not going to come within ten yards of catching Hamler before he makes it into the end zone again. Maybe Hawkins will be dumb enough to open his mouth next year.

The game next year will be hugely influenced by early departures for the NFL. What happens with Hamler, Collins, Peoples-Jones and my intention was to outline that, bit it just occurred to me, “Why bother?” Anyone who is a biggest enough moron to come to the site of a team who BEAT THEM LAST WEEK and talk trash has to be too dumb to objectively grasp almost anything.

Last edited:
PSU is not young ! Here's an article that addresses it.

The three "OLDEST" B1G teams in order are:
1. Michigan
2. Penn State
3. OSU

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...dest-Teams-Experienced-134053658/#134053658_6

Holy Christ, this moron came back???!!!! Next year we bring back Clifford, O$U brings back Fields and you bring back NO ONE at the most crucial spot on the field. Don’t make it any more complicated than that. You will be playing for third in the division.... again.

Reactions: TheGLOV

PSU wins that game last week anywhere it’s played. And I’ll be whatever I want about it - it’s not like UM fans aren’t arrogant pricks about wins or losses when it comes to PSU. Enjoy your usual 3rd place finish in the BIG East.

Well, that's a shame.

Who here really believes Michigan has a chance against OSU this season? I don't care if it is in Ann Arbor.

So, assuming they lose, that's 3 losses. It's not my our our fault that they needed 7 games to find their offense.

Sort of. Patterson was 6/12 for 100 yards. They ran over 300 yards, but are they gonna do that against OSU? No. Did they do that against us? Hell no.

Nothing to see here but a veteran 2-3 loss UofM team.

Who's their QB after Shea leaves? Hmm...

The kid who looked like an All-American last night against ND had 13 carries for 28 yards last week against a top 5 D. We are supposed to ignore that and assume NEXT time he will get Penn State when our defense will be more experienced and better. Their young players “prove” themselves against inferior competition and it means they will beat us. Patterson didn’t have to throw last night. Think that might be why Michigan looked competent on offense for once? Patterson was a 5 star QB coming out of HS and Harbaugh has “developed” him into Nate Stanley. It is so hard to make fun of scUM fans because they are basically parodies of themselves.

Calls even out, so I have been told by another fan base consistently since 1993.

Why not admit that UM lost because their idiot dcoordinator (I forget his name?) kept trying to single cover the best receivers with safeties and linebackers in single coverage?

I'm a broken record but there aren't many good teams this year. Tomorrow's top 10 will probably be something like
1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. Ohio State
4. Clemson
5. Penn State
6. Florida
7. Georgia
8. Oregon
9. Oklahoma
10. Baylor/Utah/Auburn
I’d put LSU at #1 based on resume alone.

I mean it’d be less surprising than Kansas state over ou or South Carolina over Georgia...

No. At no point in this season has O$U looked anything but dominant on both sides of the ball. Shea Patterson is terrible. Last night he threw a left handed pass backwards out of bounds because he panicked in a game Michigan was dominating. In a tight game he will implode. We can revisit this in late November but I say O$U beats Michigan by 28+. If they are coming off of a tight game or loss against us it might even be worse. They don’t matchup with O$U well at all and have a QB who Harbaugh has turned into a neurotic mess.

Haha. You're lucky PSU didn't curb-stomp UM last week. It's Sunday morning, and Shea still didn't cross the goal line. And he still sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT