ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan - Notre Dame Game Thread

I've never seen Kelly so calm... It's kinda weird. He should be some unnatural shade of red at this point.

The bad thing about this is that it will cement the narrative, for the rest of the season, that Michigan turned it around when they beat Penn State in the 2nd half. (Never mind that Penn State won the game.)

And don't worry. Next year O'Neill will be ready and waiting in Ann Arbor to set the record straight.

Reactions: ralphster
The bad thing about this is that it will cement the narrative, for the rest of the season, that Michigan turned it around when they beat Penn State in the 2nd half. (Never mind that Penn State won the game.)

And don't worry. Next year O'Neill will be ready and waiting in Ann Arbor to set the record straight.

Eh, PSU won. The majority aren't that closely dialed in to these things. Michigan can keep winning and keep making our win look better as far as I'm concerned.

Look at the plays Michigan is running with 4 minutes left and a massive lead. These are exactly what I was hoping Rahne would do. Quick, decisive, high percentage throws that then set up the ground game, and vice versa.

How bad does Georgia look after this? Hung on to beat ND at home and then loses at an average South Carolina team. Then they struggle at home against a bad Kentucky team. Should not be in the top 10.

Herbie has said numerous times tonight that Michigan is still not “Over or past” the defeat to psu last week. The way he continues to state it clearly indicates Michigan and others Strongly feel Michigan deserved to win last week in state college. Makes me sick.

Reactions: ram2020
Notre Dame=Turrible. Haha! Jeez, do they suck. I hope they play Wisky in a bowl....

Herbie has said numerous times tonight that Michigan is still not “Over or past” the defeat to psu last week. The way he continues to state it clearly indicates Michigan and others Strongly feel Michigan deserved to win last week in state college. Makes me sick.

“The comeback last week at Penn State.... even though you came up short”

Well, that's a shame.

Who here really believes Michigan has a chance against OSU this season? I don't care if it is in Ann Arbor.

So, assuming they lose, that's 3 losses. It's not my our our fault that they needed 7 games to find their offense.

Sort of. Patterson was 6/12 for 100 yards. They ran over 300 yards, but are they gonna do that against OSU? No. Did they do that against us? Hell no.

Nothing to see here but a veteran 2-3 loss UofM team.

Who's their QB after Shea leaves? Hmm...

Herbie always builds up OSU's competition. He will do this from now until the OSU-Michigan game in Ann Arbor. Because, should OSU lose that game, it will be viewed as a quality loss and OSU will still get into the playoffs. Herbie knows that if PSU beats OSU they are likely out of it, given that the other games play out as expected. PSU is now irrelevant in the hype game.

He is just lubing their balls so it looks slightly better when OSU stomps them.

Reactions: NittanyChris
First and foremost congratulations on beating Michigan State today. The team looked solid on both sides of the ball today.

As I said in a previous thread, Penn State beat a dam good Michigan team last week. Is there any chance that Penn State jumps to #4 on Monday?

I don't believe that the series record says that. In fact, you still don't have a winning record against us in your stadium. But okay . Better bring back the bye weeks before you play us.
Michigan averages 3 losses a year (I'm being extremely kind). Where do you see those losses coming from next year if Penn State isn't one?

First and foremost congratulations on beating Michigan State today. The team looked solid on both sides of the ball today.

As I said in a previous thread, Penn State beat a dam good Michigan team last week. Is there any chance that Penn State jumps to #4 on Monday?

BTN spinning UM's loss to PSU as a fluke. Glen Mason actually stated that he thinks UM is still better than PSU.

I don't believe that the series record says that. In fact, you still don't have a winning record against us in your stadium. But okay . Better bring back the bye weeks before you play us.

15 years, 71 years...

Lay off the booze.

He’s not wrong. BTN Live already talking about what ifs about last week. Saying things like UM not being able to close it out against PSU. Lmao. For them to close out last week meant they were in control of the game at some point. My god the analysis of these morons is unreal.

He’s not wrong. BTN Live already talking about what ifs about last week. Saying things like UM not being able to close it out against PSU. Lmao. For them to close out last week meant they were in control of the game at some point. My god the analysis of these morons is unreal.

Am not sure why any sane person pays attention to BTN analysts.

Reactions: NittanyChris
I mean, we did outplay you overall. If on a neutral field with fair officiating, we win easily. That wasn’t the case and we lost...it Is what it is. Accept your win, but don’t be dicks about it. At this point, nobody’s getting with OSU, so it doesn’t really matter

I mean, we did outplay you overall. If on a neutral field with fair officiating, we win easily. That wasn’t the case and we lost...it Is what it is. Accept your win, but don’t be dicks about it. At this point, nobody’s getting with OSU, so it doesn’t really matter

Speak for yourself. PSU probably has either the #2 or 3 best defense in the country. I think PSU has a chance.

Again with this stupidity? Didn’t I put you in your place earlier this week when I said we count championships and you’re counting wins in our stadium? Maybe once every generation you may win the division. Thought I would take the under on that. Let us know when you win a game that matters.

Reactions: SUPERTODD

Yes, PSU should accept the win.

Tired of hearing about last week. If Michigan was so good, explain going down 21-0. As far as playing on a neutral site...when does that happen in the B1G?

I can't believe how much love everyone is making with a probable 3 loss, 3rd place team in the B1G. As for "history"... Franklin's top recruiting classes are now just starting to come into the fold, now after any lingering affects from the sanctions. Translation: as long as CJF is here, better throw out past records. It took Dabo Sweeney over 5-6 seasons too. This was supposed to be the rebuilding year, NOT the 11-1 type season.

Lastly, even if OSU wins, the PSU win over Michigan is significant because if OSU gets a playoff berth, guess who gets to nab a Rose Bowl bid?

I would gladly take 11-1 with hopefully no worse than a close loss to OSU over 10-2 or 9-3.

Reactions: Storm at Sea
Speak for yourself. PSU probably has either the #2 or 3 best defense in the country. I think PSU has a chance.

That's what people don't realize.

Outside of OSU, there's probably not another defense in all of CFB that I'd take over Penn State. Their front 7 is stout. Michigan ran for 303 yards tonight. How many against Penn State last week? 143.

We beat a pretty good Michigan team because we're pretty ****ing good ourselves.

Tired of hearing about last week. If Michigan was so good, explain going down 21-0. As far as playing on a neutral site...when does that happen in the B1G?

I can't believe how much love everyone is making with a probable 3 loss, 3rd place team in the B1G. As for "history"... Franklin's top recruiting classes are now just starting to come into the fold, now after any lingering affects from the sanctions. Translation: as long as CJF is here, better throw out past records. It took Dabo Sweeney over 5-6 seasons too. This was supposed to be the rebuilding year, NOT the 11-1 type season.

Lastly, even if OSU wins, the PSU win over Michigan is significant because if OSU gets a playoff berth, guess who gets to nab a Rose Bowl bid?

I would gladly take 11-1 with hopefully no worse than a close loss to OSU over 10-2 or 9-3.

No, no, no...you didn't get the memo. UM season started second half of PSU game. Disregard the first 6.5 games. Nothing to see here.

Rose Bowl doesn’t mean shit anymore (sadly). It’s playoff or bust. System sucks, but I didn’t make it

Reactions: VaLion'92
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT