ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan match thread - Fri, Jan 19

I just saw a discussion on social media where someone claimed that Amine bit Mesenbrink? True? If so, what a low-class stunt. If not true, well, Amine should still be ashamed.

And, we have a new nickname for Mesenbrink, "Animal". I think Evans said it in his interview with Byers.

I'd give it to Psycho. But Davis was one of the best performers tonight.
Watching Amine backing up so early in the first, I have to believe Messenbrink faced a version of Amine he's unlikely to see in March, so I'm not sure how useful a measuring stick this was. There wasn't anything Messenbrink could have done differently, and he put 165 on notice today, but Amine is better than that.

At 125 I think Davis faced the same version of DeAugustino he'll see in March.

Reactions: OzarkLion
Nagao vs Ragusin

Nagao thumb wrap

Nagao two quick early low singles. Can’t finish. Ragusin reshot. Stalemated
Nagao low single. Waterfall. Throws legs at crab leg and it’s 3-0 Nagao
Quick escape 3-1
Ragusin single finishes. 4-3 Ragusin
Nagao escape 4-4
Both guys wrestling. Great action
4-4 after one

Nagao on bottom
To feet and roll
Cheap riding time as Nagao almost reversed him but OOB
Nagao to feet but OOB. Lots of cheap riding time
To feet
More cheap riding time. Stalling Ragusin
39 to go
Can’t get out. So much action
Locked hands on almost a double leg reversal. So it’s 5-4 Nagao but 2 mins riding time for Ragusin
PSU challenge no reversal
Challenge lost
It’s 5-4 Nagao after two

Neutral start
Deep Nagao shot can’t finish
Great action all match
Nagao shot. Stalemate
Ragusin deep shot. Scramble
Back to feet
5-5 after regulation with riding point

SV
Nagao double and Ragusin gets neutral danger fall.

Nagao aggressive all match. Oh well
Nagao has to calm down and be patient when gets the leg, just say no too flopping on your back.

Everybody here knows he’d be wrestling if it was the national tournament. He’s probably sick or dinged up so his coaches are (intelligently) not going to throw him out there against a national champion when they don’t need him.

When other teams do this, this board cries about ducking. So do I. The only reason I’m teasing you guys is because you all pretend that PSU never does this when they clearly do, just like every other team.
Cael giving other guys a shot!!

I just saw a discussion on social media where someone claimed that Amine bit Mesenbrink? True? If so, what a low-class stunt. If not true, well, Amine should still be ashamed.

And, we have a new nickname for Mesenbrink, "Animal". I think Evans said it in his interview with Byers.
It looked fairly obvious when Mitchell was on top and held his hand out to the Ref twice to show him something, presumably a bite mark.

Amine is pure trash, if true.

Watching Amine backing up so early in the first, I have to believe Messenbrink faced a version of Amine he's unlikely to see in March, so I'm not sure how useful a measuring stick this was. There wasn't anything Messenbrink could have done differently, and he put 165 on notice today, but Amine is better than that.

See, I'm thinking a bit differently with Amine. I actually think if he doesn't back up, wrestles more offensively that Mitch will find it easier to pick him apart. I really think Mitch is that good.

It looked fairly obvious when Mitchell was on top and held his hand out to the Ref twice to show him something, presumably a bite mark.

Amine is pure trash, if true.

Well, I wouldn't think Mesenbrink would forget something like that and the beating may be even worse than tonight's the next time they wrestle.

I was wondering what he was doing.

What I was most struck by was how Mitchell could have one arm around Amine’s waist, show his other arm to the ref, Amine couldn’t escape and there was no stalling on bottom for not trying.

Like I had said before, he didn’t want to stall him out despite it being deserved.

A few reactions:

Mesenbrink ain’t losing. No one does that to Amine That’s a stall out with a lot of refs.

I’ve thought before and especially tonight… Nagao has an incredible low shot and once he learns how to finish it even 55% of the time…no one will beat him.

Davis is legit. Does everything well. Looked like the veteran in that match.

Barraclough is an AA if he was a starter
Great points, you speak for me with all there. I was telling my buddy before the match I thought TB would keep it very close and is a borderline AA. He’ll probably have to transfer to do it, which is too bad.

MM’s going to be a lot of peoples’ favorite all-time PSU guy when he’s done here. That dude is unbelievable

See, I'm thinking a bit differently with Amine. I actually think if he doesn't back up, wrestles more offensively that Mitch will find it easier to pick him apart. I really think Mitch is that good.
Perhaps. But if that happened--if Amine had wrestled--it would at least have been a more useful measuring stick for Messenbrink than whatever that was tonight. That was my only point, not trying to take anything away from Messenbrink.

I was wondering that. Screen only had Brooks up 14.
After AB's match it was the break and the BTN went to a commercial break. But I was tuned into JB and he said Cael was going at it with the scoreboard folks. I'm wondering if the couple of scoreboard issues (escape for I forget who occurred with 1:00 RT, not 0:59, and the unnecessary prolonging of AB's match win by TF) are what provoked Cael's reaction.

Reactions: PAgeologist
After AB's match it was the break and the BTN went to a commercial break. But I was tuned into JB and he said Cael was going at it with the scoreboard folks. I'm wondering if the couple of scoreboard issues (escape for I forget who occurred with 1:00 RT, not 0:59, and the unnecessary prolonging of AB's match win by TF) are what provoked Cael's reaction.

I didn't watch, but Byers was pretty animated and absolutely convinced that the riding time was over 1 minute when that occurred.

Would be a bit disappointed if this is the case. Same type of stuff we’ve criticized others for. Think Starocci handles Griffith even if he’s only at 80% due to illness, and if it’s injury I can’t imagine it being good to go 36 hours from now

Reactions: Grass
Perhaps. But if that happened--if Amine had wrestled--it would at least have been a more useful measuring stick for Messenbrink than whatever that was tonight. That was my only point, not trying to take anything away from Messenbrink.
No no..didn't say you were. I gotta think next time those two meet Cam and his coaches are gonna be in a world of shit trying to figure out the best way to approach a kid that damn offensive. Especially after wrestling so defensive and still got scored on with ease.. I just think if Cam opens up the entire match, Mitch will tech him next time.

Not sure I buy this. He’s not backing up voluntarily, he’s getting backed up.

I don’t think that’s the case. Jim gibbons jokingly said “what you didn’t hear was Davis saying he doesn’t care ..:”

Meaning the riding time was more important
My bad for believing him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT