ADVERTISEMENT

Merry Christmas from The Honeymooners

Yeah or Ney, Audrey Meadows...

740full-audrey-meadows.jpg

I think most of us old-timers can relate to this.

Awesome post, grew up watching the honeymooners. Know every show by heart. One of, if not "thee" greatest show to ever grace a television set. Amazing how they did all the shows live and I can only remember a handful of minor mistakes. Funny thing is, no matter how many times I watch each episode, I laugh just as hard as if it was the first. Great times, simpler times ! So many memories, thanks again @ PSUDave

Awesome post, grew up watching the honeymooners. Know every show by heart. One of, if not "thee" greatest show to ever grace a television set. Amazing how they did all the shows live and I can only remember a handful of minor mistakes. Funny thing is, no matter how many times I watch each episode, I laugh just as hard as if it was the first. Great times, simpler times ! So many memories, thanks again @ PSUDave

Couldn't agree more. My family is amazed how I know the line that's coming before it's said.
We have a boxed dvd set too if we are ever in the mood.

Two nice passages:
Ralph: If any of the Racoons ever get sick, it'll be my responsibility to go and visit them.

Alice: Oh, that is a very important responsibility, Ralph. You better start now and find out what the visiting hours are at Bellevue.

Ralph: That did it, Alice - that did it. You have just broken the camel's back with that straw. You have ridiculed my brother Racoons. You have just made fun of something very big that's close to my heart.

Alice: The only thing big that's close to your heart is your stomach.

And:

Ralph: I have - I've got an explanation. A perfect one. I'm a dope. Not a run-of-the-mill dope, the world's champ. For years I've been talking for granted the most wonderful thing that's ever happened to me - you. I've never shown you the appreciation you deserve, Alice. You could walk outta that door right now and I wouldn't blame you. You deserve something better than me. There are a million guys who'd give you anything if they could have a girl like you.

Alice: Ralph, I don't want a million. There's just one guy I want: you.

Ralph: Baby, you're the greatest.

True classic comedy, funny for any generation. A friend had a small bar in town, and it would be packed for Monday Night Football. One of the regulars, usually a little over the limit, would change the channel to the Honeymooners, amid the screams of the rest of the patrons. Really funny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT