ADVERTISEMENT

McCutcheon at 197?

This....this is a bit much. J'Den is better right now than McIntosh and, I'm presuming, Quentin Wright. If you're talking about Cael, J'Den is still better than him right this second, though obviously not peak vs. peak.

Taylor and Varner? Still a silly comment considering the bronze medal and Taylor falling short at trials. Maybe if Taylor and Cox had actually wrestled.

Taylor and Varner? Still a silly comment considering the bronze medal and Taylor falling short at trials. Maybe if Taylor and Cox had actually wrestled.

Taylor isn't a 197, and looking at Varner, that monster isn't one either anymore, lol. He's a freaking tree, man.

This....this is a bit much. J'Den is better right now than McIntosh and, I'm presuming, Quentin Wright. If you're talking about Cael, J'Den is still better than him right this second, though obviously not peak vs. peak.
Ever hear of Cael Sanderson and Jake Varner?

Ever hear of Cael Sanderson and Jake Varner?

Sure have. This moment, J'Den Cox is better than both of them. Varner isn't a 197 anyway, and Cael Sanderson competed at the same international weight as Cox just did 4 years ago, and took 5th. Prime Cael is obviously better, but in the current day, J'Den is better.

Sure have. This moment, J'Den Cox is better than both of them. Varner isn't a 197 anyway, and Cael Sanderson competed at the same international weight as Cox just did 4 years ago, and took 5th. Prime Cael is obviously better, but in the current day, J'Den is better.
Cael pretty much took 5th getting off his couch. He was in 50% shape.

But that was 4 years of donuts ago as well.

That was freestyle which means something but not everything. Cael brings top wrestling in a way Cox could never imagine. Cael won himself a gold in freestyle, but his mat wrestling is where he really shined. It shows up in his teams also. I don't quite see where freestyle results could possibly be used to determine ones ability to coach folkstyle.

That was freestyle which means something but not everything. Cael brings top wrestling in a way Cox could never imagine. Cael won himself a gold in freestyle, but his mat wrestling is where he really shined. It shows up in his teams also. I don't quite see where freestyle results could possibly be used to determine ones ability to coach folkstyle.
How quickly people forget mat wrestling - has made many a good wrestler weak in the knees. I seem to remember our youngest world champion ever getting ridden like a pony just less than 2 short years ago. Who was that intrepid rider?

Reactions: Dogwelder
Yes. But that doesn't necessarily mean Cox is the best guy to get Cutch to reach his potential.

That is my point. I obviously don't think a peak J'Den Cox is better than a peak Cael Sanderson. Cael is, what, 37 or 38 now?
Understood, but given all this freestyle talk from you, I'm thinking you've joined Team TR Foley. What next - Capri pants? :eek:;)

Does this mean he won't split time with Stout now? I wonder if they will keep him out a couple matches so he has time to get his weight up and adjust.
it isn't like they are going to strap a feeding bag on him until he tips the scale at 197. His walking around weight is 190.

Does this mean he won't split time with Stout now? I wonder if they will keep him out a couple matches so he has time to get his weight up and adjust.
No way they'll keep him out a couple matches, but shared duty this weekend for the 2 duals might not surprise, though imo it's unlikely. Excited to see him against the ranked guy..

No way they'll keep him out a couple matches, but shared duty this weekend for the 2 duals might not surprise, though imo it's unlikely. Excited to see him against the ranked guy..
Yeah Roar I agree. Once they settle on a competitor as long as health insn't an issue they roll their top kids out there.
I would be darn near shocked if Matt doesn't wrestle both matches.

Looking ahead -- maybe this deserves its own thread -- will be interesting to see who PSU takes to Reno. Below are the tournament registration rules. Looks like theoretically the entire roster could go.

College Competition Pricing
College Team (4-15 Wrestlers) – $700
1 extra wrestler – $150
2 extra wrestlers – $300
3 extra wrestlers – $450
Extra Team (4-15 Wrestlers) – $700
Unattached – $50

Looking ahead -- maybe this deserves its own thread -- will be interesting to see who PSU takes to Reno. Below are the tournament registration rules. Looks like theoretically the entire roster could go.

1 extra wrestler – $150
2 extra wrestlers – $300
3 extra wrestlers – $450
Unattached – $50

Team Title = Priceless!;)

Reactions: Dogwelder

1 extra wrestler – $150
2 extra wrestlers – $300
3 extra wrestlers – $450
Unattached – $50
No info yet on this...too early, just guessing 1 team (15), plus any unattached guys that want to pay their own way. Much higher (travel) cost than the local tournaments, so doubt we'll see too many, if any, of the redshirts...though I know we'd all like to see them.

Marchok will be a good test right out of the gate. Was the #1 HS 220 in the nation, 2x IL state champ, wrestled at Dapper Dan (lost 3-2 to Rizzo), wrestled HWT at Stanford until this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT