ADVERTISEMENT

MBB vs Clemson

101-94 Clemson final.
Van Pelt's "bad beats" always makes a point about how overtime is cruel to road underdogs. This goes down as a 7 point loss, even though it was essentially a tie. The NHL would give PSU a point in the standings.

Regardless, I like what I've seen with the program in the Shrewsberry era so far.

But part of that is because we play so few good OOC games. We lost to the only Power 5 teams we will play non conference. Yeah, we beat Butler but they are not one of the better Big East team right now. Basically we would have to make waves in conference because our OOC won’t do us any favors in the RPI.
But if we play more good OOC teams, we likely lose more, so our record wouldn’t be good enough to get us in. We’re in a tough spot, difficult to build a tournament team when you’re in a really good conference. With the increasing number of mid-majors getting in, there are fewer spots for the mid conference P5 teams. Some of the OOC teams we beat will likely get into the tournament.

Van Pelt's "bad beats" always makes a point about how overtime is cruel to road underdogs. This goes down as a 7 point loss, even though it was essentially a tie. The NHL would give PSU a point in the standings.

Regardless, I like what I've seen with the program in the Shrewsberry era so far.
I like Shrewberry too, but we lose so many key guys next year he will basically be starting over. And the freshmen this year look okay, but not guys that can carry a team next year. And without more size, we won’t be able to beat many teams that do have size. Unfortunately I don’t see a tournament bid any time in the near future (although I’m still hoping for this year).

Reactions: bdgan and scrivener
I like Shrewberry too, but we lose so many key guys next year he will basically be starting over. And the freshmen this year look okay, but not guys that can carry a team next year. And without more size, we won’t be able to beat many teams that do have size. Unfortunately I don’t see a tournament bid any time in the near future (although I’m still hoping for this year).
I like him as well and he has Already in year 2 put his stamp on the kind of team he wants. If pickett and dread have cold nights like they had against Clemson, it's going to be a long year… those 2 guys get so many minutes, and we just can't afford to miss more of these close game opportunities against resume builders. I love Pickett's game, such a throwback the way he posts up smaller players... but he's just not a great outside shooter and he missed some key ones last night. We need to finish the rest of the non conference strong and split those 1st 2 big 10 games between Michigan st and Illinois before the holiday break

Reactions: bdgan

To be fair...the NHL does gimmicks of 3v3 and a shootout...before that nonsense if you lost in OT you weren't awarded a point. Just like MLB doesn't reward teams for losing in extra innings and the NBA/NFL don't reward OT losses either. Nor does college football. JMO but the NHL system needs revamped. Should change to 3 points for a regulation win if they're going to do the 3v3/SO to decide games

Reactions: OzLion
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT