ADVERTISEMENT

mat herpes

Stay off the Damn mats! Feel sorry for the California kid. But I doubt they postpone the whole tournament. Unfortunate

valtrex-side-effects.jpg

Reactions: CropDuster507
I'm not saying I don't feel bad for the kid, but don't have the family in the paper talking trash about the HS league and the sport. It is a sad part of wrestling, but skin infections happen. Shut your mouth and take your lump. Herpes Gladitorium won't drastically-affect your life, down the road. It's not something you'll have to let everyone who shakes your hand know before they touch you. Take your Valtrex and move on.

Like, I get it... It does suck for him. Why make it suck for our entire sport? We had an outbreak in my hometown this year. I contracted it, working as a volunteer coach. It's not some life-altering deal, really. Follow the protocols and move on. This really upsets me that they'd run the sport through the mud so that their kid/he could get a shot at state.

The last thing our outlier sport needs is to be pushed further to the outlier. Others are already trying to make it happen... Why do it to ourselves?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT