ADVERTISEMENT

Last play

PennStateTurf2002

Aug 28, 2010
First off, I know that this is slim chance for success but I am going to be critical of the last play. I know there is a 1% chance that play works but when the ball ends up well short of the endzone and your throwing to a bunch of 6’0 receivers there is 0% chance.

I couldn’t have been the only person in that stadium who knew Trace couldn’t get that ball into the endzone. We have 3 QBs on that sideline who could get that ball in the endzone. Don’t we have a 6’7 tight end and a 6’4 receiver with big vert allowed to play 3 more games??? Not saying they make the play but they have a hell of a lot better shot if they have size in the end zone and the ball can actually get there.

To me it just goes along with the view that our offensive coaches can’t make a creative decision.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I thought they might bring Stevens in to throw that hail mary but it doesn't really matter.

First off, I know that this is slim chance for success but I am going to be critical of the last play. I know there is a 1% chance that play works but when the ball ends up well short of the endzone and your throwing to a bunch of 6’0 receivers there is 0% chance.

I couldn’t have been the only person in that stadium who knew Trace couldn’t get that ball into the endzone. We have 3 QBs on that sideline who could get that ball in the endzone. Don’t we have a 6’7 tight end and a 6’4 receiver with big vert allowed to play 3 more games??? Not saying they make the play but they have a hell of a lot better shot if they have size in the end zone and the ball can actually get there.

To me it just goes along with the view that our offensive coaches can’t make a creative decision.
PSU needed to rent Aaron Rodgers on that play. Not only is it questionable that Trace has the arm strength to make that throw with any decent trajectory, on the play he was running for his life and had MSU players in his face. Snowballs chance in hell. Talk about anticlimactic.

Last edited:
not only didn't he get it to the endzone, he didn't get it to the 15 yard line!

With 6 seconds left, I was hoping for a 7-8 yard out to steal a few more yards (there was time, and if it’s covered, just bounce it to the WR).

Reactions: The Stan
Morelli's first pass as a Penn State QB was in a similar situation against Purdue in 2004. They brought him in to replace Mills for the last play in a 20-13 loss. The pass didn't reach the end zone, and it was either intercepted or knocked down by a defender.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT