ADVERTISEMENT

Larry Johnson Jr NFL career

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
saw replay of 2002 team where LJ tore it up. looked like he was going to have a great NFL career - 1st round pick. somehow it took a couple years for the KC staff to discover his ability - that RB coach had to be blind. i think it was actually due to an injury he got to play. he then becomes all pro a couple years. then he literally disappears. i think he only had 2-3 years of actual production. i am not sure he even was playing at 30 yrs old.

guy had a ton of talent and speed = ran with anger. even though he made pro bowl a couple times, he really never reached what most would expect. when he was going to pro bowl, i thought he would wind up as one of the over 10,000 yds in career guys.

Reactions: Sharkies
LJ actually had a great final 6 games in his second year. No doubt in my mind he could have rushed for 1590 yards in year 2 but KC had Priest Holmes. Year 3 and 4 he was all pro. He could have rushed for 2000 yards in Year 3 but he did not emerge as the starter until Holmes got hurt halfway through the season. Year 5 he gets hurt and misses 8 games which cost him a 1,000 yard season. In Year 6, he played alright and had a decent YPC average but they Chiefs moved away from giving him the ball 25 times a game.

saw replay of 2002 team where LJ tore it up. looked like he was going to have a great NFL career - 1st round pick. somehow it took a couple years for the KC staff to discover his ability - that RB coach had to be blind. i think it was actually due to an injury he got to play. he then becomes all pro a couple years. then he literally disappears. i think he only had 2-3 years of actual production. i am not sure he even was playing at 30 yrs old.

guy had a ton of talent and speed = ran with anger. even though he made pro bowl a couple times, he really never reached what most would expect. when he was going to pro bowl, i thought he would wind up as one of the over 10,000 yds in career guys.

That’s happened to lots of elite running backs. They have 2 or 3 amazing years then their bodies hit the wall.

He also liked to party a little too much...not focused enough on football longevity.

Reactions: Cpeplion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT