ADVERTISEMENT

Lacking fundamentals

Nittany_93

Mar 3, 2004
It's often said about young teams and young players but I'm not sure that still applies.

Poor tackling
Poor blocking
Can't catch

Lack of situational awareness with the clock.

You can't coach talent, but they should be able to coach fundamentals.

It's often said about young teams and young players but I'm not sure that still applies.

Poor tackling
Poor blocking
Can't catch

Look at the last drive. Most of the time the DL was not ready when the ball was snapped.

Reactions: KFM74 and Novalions
Look at the last drive. Most of the time the DL was not ready when the ball was snapped.

On one play (I think it was an ever-important 3rd down play) Parsons has absolutely no idea where he was supposed to be. Embarrassing.

Reactions: Novalions
On one play (I think it was an ever-important 3rd down play) Parsons has absolutely no idea where he was supposed to be. Embarrassing.
That comes down to coaching. If they see players are not lined up correctly orready than call a damn TO.

Maybe he was saving them as he knew MSU was gonna score

Reactions: Connorpozlee
But franklin is so detail oriented! I mean he gets on guys that don’t run off the practice field. Mistakes on the field???? No competition here. Guys make same mistakes over and over. There is zero reason not to play Clifford from here on out at least 3 or 4 series a game.

Reactions: PeetzPoolBoy
Where was the Lion package?

They use it in the biggest game of the year but today not one play

Wonder if they take if off the depth chart next week

I'm beginning to think it was a mistake to move Parsons from his projected DE to LB. Then again, the way we engage OTs with our DEs, he likely wouldn't have been successful at DE this year either.

Poor tackling
Poor blocking
Can't catch

I agree.....Joepa's teams may not have been as athletic as this year's tesm....but they were always fundamentally sound.

I'm beginning to think it was a mistake to move Parsons from his projected DE to LB. Then again, the way we engage OTs with our DEs, he likely wouldn't have been successful at DE this year either.
Imo he is an OLB in a 3/4 defense

Reactions: djr4rebs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT